ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Nickal Confirms He Is Going 86 KG For Olympic Team Trials

Wowww I never thought they would let that happen. Taylor's run got a lot easier with dake going down and Cox up. But now we at least have Bo and hopefully Zahid.
They better actually wrestle if they meet in the finals. I hope this is serious for bo since it's going to be his only shot at the Olympics which sucks. DT's butt had to pucker a little bit.

Damn, now you got me trying to think of their only hit.....
Awesome album. Actually heard a song from it about a month ago on SiriusXM radio

apparently they were only known as Yaz in North America, the rest of the word knew them as Yazoo, per wikipedia

Reactions: Petch
Awesome album. Actually heard a song from it about a month ago on SiriusXM radio

apparently they were only known as Yaz in North America, the rest of the word knew them as Yazoo, per wikipedia
I have not listened to Upstairs at Eric's in probably 35 years! I believe I had the album (maybe CD? CD's became available to the public in 1982, which is the same year this album was released). Situation and Goodbye Seventies were also great songs on the album. The cover picture was unique. When you guys mentioned the album the cover image immediately came to my mind. Fascinating how memories can lay dormant for so many years and be recalled with such clarity. This is true even more so for music. I can't tell you how many songs I had not heard in decades where the lyrics came flooding back to me when I heard the song again. Sometimes in hearing the end of a song I can remember the next song from the album or the next song from whatever cassette I had recorded it onto. I remember recording cassettes of music and noting the length stamp for each song so I could forward to it quickly. And I always stayed away from the 120 minute tapes because they would tend to tighten up and stop working. Sorry for my stroll down memory lane! Sometimes those strolls bring back a lot of great memories. On a side note (as if this post isn't one big side note!) Simon and Garfunkel's song, Bookends, is poignant in how it addresses the passage of time and its effect on memories: "Time it was, and what a time it was, it was. A time of innocence. A time of confidences. Long ago it must be, I have a photograph. Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you."

Last edited:
Yo, didn't want to tag you, but I really believe you and yours will enjoy this show on Netflix. Don't hold it against me. This show is really good. I believe your wife will love it. Taco Chronicles on Netflix. Enjoy, or hate me. Lol.

Yo, didn't want to tag you, but I really believe you and yours will enjoy this show on Netflix. Don't hold it against me. This show is really good. I believe your wife will love it. Taco Chronicles on Netflix. Enjoy, or hate me. Lol.
Thanks for the tip. You're probably right -- though I have to convince my wife to defer re-runs of The Great British Baking Show. (Notice I said "defer" and not "stop.)

Don't underestimate this challenge! She's been on an Everything British kick since before house arrest started. (At least that's a good show -- there are many others I can't stomach.)

Also on Netflix, am hoping to watch First They Killed My Father. I think she'll want to watch it too. But it's such a horribly wrenching topic that we'll both have to be up to it at the same time, and even then might have to break it into digestible chunks.

Reactions: Hotshoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT