ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Championship Tickets

Johan Mesofits

Nov 27, 2015
Has anyone used the service ShooWin before to reserve tickets? If so how was your experience and was it worth it? Considering reserving for the game. Is it better to wait till later in the season? Thanks

Has anyone used the service ShooWin before to reserve tickets? If so how was your experience and was it worth it? Considering reserving for the game. Is it better to wait till later in the season? Thanks

Better to let the Ohio State fans gobble them up like last year and then buy them from them for $10 each like last year when their team doesn't make it.

Better to let the Ohio State fans gobble them up like last year and then buy them from them for $10 each like last year when their team doesn't make it.

Can you buy their reservation? My understanding is its only good for a face value ticket if your team makes it to the game.

Can you buy their reservation? My understanding is its only good for a face value ticket if your team makes it to the game.

No, I wouldn't use that service. Ohio State fans buy up all the tickets to the game from either colts season ticket holders, or if you buy them one year, you have the option to buy them again the next year. OSU fans have a good chunk of the tickets. When they don't make it, they try to scalp them, a lot of our fans panicked and bought them last year, or even worse, bought them from PSU at a ridiculous price (started at $85 plus fees I believe, for nosebleeds). Tickets were 20 bucks during the game week, and down to $12 at game time. Really no need to pre-buy tickets or chances to buy tickets to this game. This service is for suckers.

I used shoowin last year and it worked great. we were about 20 rows up on the 50. tickets in our section were going for more than i paid secondary.

probably not worth it in the cheaper sections though.

I used it last year, and it was great. Got tickets on the 33 yard line, as opposed to 2 tickets I got through Penn State, that were low in the end zone.

Tickets were $15 on game day. I bought amazing 50 yard line seats for only $100 each the week before the game. No need to worry about it in advance.

When did you use it begging of the season or middle? Did you do the bid or the reservation?
Already used it this season. Used it last season the night Iowa beat Michigan. That's when I thought we had a real chance to go to Big 10 Championship game

I had so much fun last year that I reserved a room for this year within a week of returning home. I'm going whether we're in the game or not. Last year I bought tickets in the 3rd deck for like $20 and sat in the 200 level on about the 20 yd line (right where we stopped them on 4th down at the end of the game, but I was on the Penn State side).

From my personal experience last year, I wouldn't buy them far in advanced or spend more than $30 for a ticket.
Bought mine through PSU last year and spent $85 for pretty high up seats.

$85 for a ticket from a scalper outside the stadium probably would have gotten me pretty close to the 50 and a couple of rows up.

You could tickets from scalpers or on StubHub a day or two in advanced for as low as $8 a ticket.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT