ADVERTISEMENT

Beyond JoePa: A closer look at the second mile

Sandusky is serving on 45 counts out of 48...all 45 counts are involving kids that came thru the 2M...yet Louie the Liar NEVER interviewed one person from the charity...some FBI man ain't he! He couldn't track an elephant in the snow....unless of course the elephant paid him $9 million...

He got paid, not a secret.
When Freeh was FBI director, he sent a message to the bureau’s employees about the agency’s Core Values:

• Rigorous obedience to the Constitution of the United States.
  • Respect for the dignity of all those we protect.
  • Compassion.
  • Fairness.
  • Uncompromising personal integrity and institutional integrity.
  • Accountability by accepting responsibility for our actions and decisions and the consequences of our actions and decisions.
“We who enforce the law must not merely obey it,” he exhorted his people. “We have an obligation to set a moral example, which those whom we protect can follow.”

Freeh, by example, could have added a seventh core value: Keep all things in perspective. He has blended an impressive law enforcement career with raising a large family, which he’s worked to keep as his first priority.

Armed with a law degree and later a Master’s in Criminal Law, he was an FBI special agent in the New York City field office and at FBI headquarters. He then worked successively at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York as an assistant U.S. attorney, chief of the Organized Crime Unit, deputy U.S. attorney and associate U.S. attorney.

In 1991, President George H.W. Bush appointed him a judge for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. Two years later, he answered a call from President Bill Clinton, and he became the fifth director of the FBI.

Freeh began his tenure as FBI director at a nexus of technological and international changes. He transferred the bureau from a national law-enforcement agency to a global security institution by doubling the number of branches worldwide.

He’s now chair of Freeh Group International Solutions, LLC, an investigation firm he founded in 2007 and sold to Pepper Hamilton LLP in 2012. In 2013, Freeh was appointed to investigate allegations of potential misconduct over BP settlement management. In 2011, Penn State hired Freeh to conduct a probe into allegations against former football coach Jerry Sandusky. That year he was the bankruptcy trustee overseeing the return of more than $1 billion to creditors of MF Global Holdings.

He’s a busy man. But he still tries to get home for dinner.

I've mentioned this before...I am the Director of a program for abused and neglected kids in central Pa. If I had performed my duties at any time anything like Dr. Raykovitz did at the 2nd Mile I would have been tried, prosecuted, drawn and quartered by the state, my board, my colleagues, the donors to my organization, etc. And rightfully so!

The fact that he continues to enjoy a strong practice in the State College area is nothing short of astonishing to me. Him having 'dirt' on someone may explain his continued existence. But him still living in that same community and, seemingly, flourishing without consequence is beyond the pale.

We got a good football program again and F everything else.....that's all that matters? Good for you jerk off every Saturday.

Fake News. I never posted or represented what your insinuation is jerk off. It just gets old watching the same hacks reliving the Scandal on BWI every other day. It seems reasonable to move on. GFY

I don't think you're getting it, Nit16. Believe it or not, the success or failure of our football program is not what is driving all of this. Don't get me wrong, I like where it's headed right now, but it has nothing to do with this. Some here just want to see corrected what is perceived as a terrible injustice. Now that said, I am afraid that fizzy might be correct in his assertion that none of this will move the needle. People generally believe only what they want to believe, regardless of the mountain of evidence pointing to the contrary.

Some of you guys not saying you, are so self righteous it’s nauseating. Move on and stop embarrassing yourselves. You know who you are.

Last edited:
o_O Kar & I have contributed enough donations to the Levi Lamb Fund over the past 17 years to ensure coverage of an athletic scholarship for three semesters @ Dear Old State. All sports.

Ensure might be a little too nieve on my part.

Congrats. Good work and deeds. I’m very serious when I post that to you!

o_O Kar & I have contributed enough donations to the Levi Lamb Fund over the past 17 years to ensure coverage of an athletic scholarship for three semesters @ Dear Old State. All sports.

Ensure might be a little too nieve on my part.

Also you and your wife are obviously very good people.

Some of you guys not saying you, are so self righteous it’s nauseating. Move on and stop embarrassing yourselves. You know who you are.
Yes, we have a great football team. Move on. Nothing else matters...all is well. Who needs to be nauseated? I think its exhilarating to travel to the Rose Bowl and be called Ped State......after all Joe knew, right. Who cares?

Me thinks Jack knows too much to be brought down. If he goes down, so does the whole stinkin ship IMO. He has always been the biggest mystery to me.

It is crazy that know one questions this guy's action except us. Even after his "swim trunks" testimony at Spanier's trial. You would think that would have been enough to get someone in the mainstream media to say perhaps we should look a little more closely at TSM. I guess they are all too distracted by the shiny object of JoePa and too wed to the narrative that they created.

It has been very eye opening the past 6 years to see how inaccurate and biased the media can be. As someone who is well versed in the facts of this case it is amazing to see how much inaccurate and distorted coverage there is. They can't get basic facts about the case right let alone report fairly on anything that could be open to interpretation. I am now much more skeptical of reporting on any issue.

Yes, we have a great football team. Move on. Nothing else matters...all is well. Who needs to be nauseated? I think its exhilarating to travel to the Rose Bowl and be called Ped State......after all Joe knew, right. Who cares?

And how’s regurgitating this stuff year after year on BWI helping to change that? Get thicker skin if you give a crap what some idiot from LA says.

BTW I didn’t post nothing else matters and all is well. At least I don’t think I did. I never said forget about things or don’t have an opinion if Joe knew or not. I posted about moving on and embrace Penn State for what it is. Not what people from LA say it is.

Just curious......if you feel people should move on..........and I have no problem at all with that sentiment........then why do you click and comment on threads such as this. Obviously, the title points to the past.

Just curious......if you feel people should move on..........and I have no problem at all with that sentiment........then why do you click and comment on threads such as this. Obviously, the title points to the past.

Just keeping it real. These types of threads are counterproductive IMO. Like we need a another guy on here posting Penn State and Joe got screwed. I’ve always believed Penn State mishandled this debacle badly and Joe knew something. What he knew I have no idea. How much he knew I have no idea. But the head in the sand routine and excuse is foolish. So let’s say Penn State handled it perfectly and Joe knew absolutely nothing. At this point what difference does it make. People believe what they believe. And guess what. 90% of the people that give a crap and think about it are probably on BWI. You’ve never seen me start any of these threads about the scandal. I’m on BWI regularly so I jump in. Seriously though bringing this stuff up years later is counterproductive.

Just keeping it real. These types of threads are counterproductive IMO. Like we need a another guy on here posting Penn State and Joe got screwed. I’ve always believed Penn State mishandled this debacle badly and Joe knew something. What he knew I have no idea. How much he knew I have no idea. But the head in the sand routine and excuse is foolish. So let’s say Penn State handled it perfectly and Joe knew absolutely nothing. At this point what difference does it make. People believe what they believe. And guess what. 90% of the people that give a crap and think about it are probably on BWI. You’ve never seen me start any of these threads about the scandal. I’m on BWI regularly so I jump in. Seriously though bringing this stuff up years later is counterproductive.
The very best thing that can be said about you....... is that you are precisely the kind of person John Surma, Ken Frazier, Karen Peetz and Ira Lubert counted on.

"Counterproductive?" Lol. What is it we, a message board, are trying to "produce" that this is "COUNTERING?"

Are you sure you even know what that term means? YCMTSU.

Your Post.....
"Just keeping it real.

These types of threads are counterproductive IMO. Like we need a another guy on here posting PennState and Joe got screwed.

I’ve always believed PennState mishandled this debacle badly and Joe knew something. What he knew I have no idea. How much he knew I have no idea.

But the head in the sand routine and excuse is foolish.

So let’s say PennState handled it perfectly and Joe knew absolutely nothing. At this point what difference does it make.

People believe what they believe. And guess what. 90% of the people that give a crap and think about it are probably on BWI. You’ve never seen me start any of these threads about the scandal. I’m on BWI regularly so I jump in.

Seriously though bringing this stuff up years later is counterproductive.
===================================================

My response to your post is just this...
Why do you feel that the greatest attack on a sports figure and public university should continue if the reason for that attack is untrue???

Isn't this exactly what the Penn State "Story" is based on???----"... There were signs of problems and Penn State officials ignored them..."

Isn't that what your approach is doing - burying the past REAL crimes committed in the past with a cover-up provided by the OAG Penn State "Story"?? I'm confused.

You stated above that Joe knew something, but you are not sure WHAT he knew! Should a person - any person - be found guilty in the public's eye's ONLY based on supposition and no FACTS!!! This is what we have here.

The bigger question - and the reason this case can not go away - is this...the "Story" the public buys as "truth" was not crafted and delivered to the public without a purpose!!!

That purpose includes the HIGHEST LIKELIHOOD that TSM and Harrisburg were TOGETHER doing something very wrong (and illegal).

Your post is solely based on content contained in a "Story" that is eroding daily (and never has had any REAL facts associated with it). Do you want to continue to let REAL CRIMES - REAL CRIMINALS get away with something that could be REALLY BAD??? Are you asking all of us to "...stick our heads in the sand..." and buy a "Story" that hides criminal activity???

I don't call it counterproductive to focus on how the OAG, PA Courts and the State of PA let the TSM officials and the TSM organization "skate" for 7 years considering TSM's proven involvement in PA politics.

No one can explain why the state of PA allowed ALL TSM records to be immediately destroyed unless you involve the obvious - collusive criminal activity!

Striving to expose a criminal cover-up is NOT counterproductive.

"Counterproductive?" Lol. What is it we, a message board, are trying to "produce" that this is "COUNTERING?"

Are you sure you even know what that term means? YCMTSU.

LOL at the deflection hijak. Part of the self righteous clan haha. You know exactly what I’m talking about. Time to move on for the last 100 obsessed stragglers.

The very best thing that can be said about you....... is that you are precisely the kind of person John Surma, Ken Frazier, Karen Peetz and Ira Lubert counted on.

Reasonable person that can have an opinion without being a biased fool like so many. Got it.

Your Post.....
"Just keeping it real.

These types of threads are counterproductive IMO. Like we need a another guy on here posting PennState and Joe got screwed.

I’ve always believed PennState mishandled this debacle badly and Joe knew something. What he knew I have no idea. How much he knew I have no idea.

But the head in the sand routine and excuse is foolish.

So let’s say PennState handled it perfectly and Joe knew absolutely nothing. At this point what difference does it make.

People believe what they believe. And guess what. 90% of the people that give a crap and think about it are probably on BWI. You’ve never seen me start any of these threads about the scandal. I’m on BWI regularly so I jump in.

Seriously though bringing this stuff up years later is counterproductive.
===================================================

My response to your post is just this...
Why do you feel that the greatest attack on a sports figure and public university should continue if the reason for that attack is untrue???

Isn't this exactly what the Penn State "Story" is based on???----"... There were signs of problems and Penn State officials ignored them..."

Isn't that what your approach is doing - burying the past REAL crimes committed in the past with a cover-up provided by the OAG Penn State "Story"?? I'm confused.

You stated above that Joe knew something, but you are not sure WHAT he knew! Should a person - any person - be found guilty in the public's eye's ONLY based on supposition and no FACTS!!! This is what we have here.

The bigger question - and the reason this case can not go away - is this...the "Story" the public buys as "truth" was not crafted and delivered to the public without a purpose!!!

That purpose includes the HIGHEST LIKELIHOOD that TSM and Harrisburg were TOGETHER doing something very wrong (and illegal).

Your post is solely based on content contained in a "Story" that is eroding daily (and never has had any REAL facts associated with it). Do you want to continue to let REAL CRIMES - REAL CRIMINALS get away with something that could be REALLY BAD??? Are you asking all of us to "...stick our heads in the sand..." and buy a "Story" that hides criminal activity???

I don't call it counterproductive to focus on how the OAG, PA Courts and the State of PA let the TSM officials and the TSM organization "skate" for 7 years considering TSM's proven involvement in PA politics.

No one can explain why the state of PA allowed ALL TSM records to be immediately destroyed unless you involve the obvious - collusive criminal activity!

Striving to expose a criminal cover-up is NOT counterproductive.

Fair enough. Your efforts are unheard outside of this board. All you did was support your opinion. Cool.

Fair enough. Your efforts are unheard outside of this board. All you did was support your opinion. Cool.
That is false.

http://triblive.com/state/pennsylva...thical-lapses-in-jerry-sandusky-investigation

HOME

LOCAL

SPORTS

NEWS

OPINION

A&E

LIFESTYLES

VIDEO

OBITUARIES

SUBSCRIBEPLACE ADBUY TRIB PHOTOSSPORTSTALKCONTESTS
- - - - -
JOBSHOMESAUTOSCLASSIFIEDS
- - - - -
TRIB TOTAL MEDIACONTACT USFEEDBACK
Email NewsletterseTrib Digital ReplicaOur PublicationseFeaturesBuy Trib PhotosWhere to Buy the Paper
PENNSYLVANIA
http://triblive.com/state/pennsylva...y-sandusky-investigation?printerfriendly=true
Lawyers accused of ethical lapses in Jerry Sandusky investigation
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS SundayMarch 25, 2018, 12:24 p.m.
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

GENE J. PUSKAR/AP
Former Penn State University assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, center, leaves the Centre County Courthouse after being sentenced in Bellefonte Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012.

In this June 23, 2014, file photo Frank Fina speaks with reporters in Harrisburg, Pa. The agency that investigates and prosecutes wrongdoing by Pennsylvania lawyers wants the state Supreme Court to punish Penn State’s former general counsel and a prosecutor who helped convict Jerry Sandusky of child molestation related to their involvement with the 2012 grand jury investigation. The state Office of Disciplinary Counsel has lodged petitions for discipline against Cynthia Baldwin and Fina. (AP Photo/Bradley C Bower, File)

HARRISBURG, Pa. — The agency that investigates and prosecutes wrongdoing by Pennsylvania lawyers wants the state Supreme Court to punish Penn State's former general counsel and a prosecutor who helped convict Jerry Sandusky of child molestation related to their involvement with the 2012 grand jury investigation.

The state Office of Disciplinary Counsel has lodged petitions for discipline against Cynthia Baldwin, a former state Supreme Court justice who was the university's general counsel when the scandal broke, and Frank Fina, who helped direct the investigation and lead the prosecution of Sandusky by the attorney general's office.

The allegations against the two recently became public. Baldwin has a hearing scheduled for May.

Fina is accused of turning Baldwin “into a witness for the prosecution” when Baldwin testified in secret in October 2012 about three former high-ranking university administrators who fielded complaints about Sandusky abusing children — president Graham Spanier, vice president Gary Schultz and athletic director Tim Curley.

Disciplinary Counsel Amelia C. Kittredge wrote in the 41-page petition for discipline filed in January that Fina's questioning “went far beyond, and impermissibly beyond, the topics (he) told Judge (Barry) Feudale he would cover.”

Days after Baldwin's testimony, prosecutors added conspiracy to commit perjury and conspiracy to commit obstruction charges against Curley and Schultz and for the first time charged Spanier, accusing him of the same offenses. Superior Court in January 2016 threw out charges against all three men that related to false statements to the grand jury, saying Fina had misled the judge and calling his questioning of Baldwin “highly improper.”

Fina's lawyers call the claims against their client “unprecedented and disturbing,” and said sealed records from the criminal case “fully exonerate” him. Fina, now a lawyer in private practice, denies violating any rule of conduct and wants the petition dismissed.

Curley and Schultz pleaded guilty to misdemeanor child endangerment on the eve of trial in March 2017 and testified against Spanier. Spanier was convicted of the same offense and has an appeal pending in Superior Court. Lawyers for all three men declined to comment on the lawyer discipline allegations against Fina and Baldwin.

Superior Court, in throwing out charges, said it was improper that Baldwin, a former trial judge and onetime chair of the Penn State board, testified about her conversations with Curley, Schultz and Spanier.

Joe Grace, a spokesman for the attorney general's office, said it questioned Baldwin “with the knowledge and approval of the judge assigned to supervise the grand jury.”

“The matter was also addressed by the judge assigned to the criminal case, who rejected any claims of impropriety,” he added. “The Office of Attorney General remains fully prepared to defend its successful prosecutions and convictions in this matter.”

The petition filed against Baldwin on Nov. 21 accuses her of violating requirements that lawyers do not disclose information about clients without their informed consent and other allegations.

Baldwin had accompanied Curley, Schultz and Spanier when they appeared before the grand jury in 2011, months before child sexual abuse charges were filed against Sandusky and cover-up charges were filed against Curley and Schultz. In her answer to the petition for discipline, she said she thought they were witnesses only, not suspected of a crime, and that she represented the university.

She denies violating the state's ethical rules for lawyers and has asked that the allegations be dismissed.

“The allegations against Ms. Baldwin are based upon the conduct of Mr. Curley, Mr. Schultz and Dr. Spanier, who participated in a conspiracy to cover up their knowledge of Mr. Sandusky's conduct and who tried to blame Ms. Baldwin when their conspiracy came to light,” wrote her lawyer, Robert S. Tintner. He said the original complaint about her to the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court was filed in June 2012, at the time of Sandusky's trial.

Tintner said the sealed documents show she “acted in a manner consistent with her ethical obligations.”

Sandusky, Penn State's former assistant football coach, was convicted in 2012 of sexually abusing 10 boys and is serving a 30- to 60-year prison sentence. Al Lindsay, Sandusky's appellate defense attorney said the disciplinary board cases will not directly affect Sandusky's effort to get a new trial, but Lindsay believes the grand jury investigation was badly flawed and welcomes any effort to review how it unfolded

I'm sorry that some of us care about highlighting the actual failures that led to abuse, so future abuse can be prevented. I guess he doesn't see the sad irony in wanting to move on, so he can focus solely on football? Either that, or he is incapable of processing multiple related topics simultaneously. Neither is a good look.

Reactions: marshall23

2011-2016: You Ped Stater's allowed dozens of boys to be raped, because you cared too much about football.

2017-present: Just be happy you have a great football team and quit whining about the worst media injustice of this century.

LOL at the deflection hijak. Part of the self righteous clan haha. You know exactly what I’m talking about. Time to move on for the last 100 obsessed stragglers.
Deflection? It was your word: "Counterproductive." I guess you cannot answer the question here then. OK. I sort of knew that already. Nice to have you admit it.

Deflection? It was your word: "Counterproductive." I guess you cannot answer the question here then. OK. I sort of knew that already. Nice to have you admit it.

Move on from the scandal buddy. It’s been years. You know what the point was so I’m not playing your childish posting.

That is false.

http://triblive.com/state/pennsylva...thical-lapses-in-jerry-sandusky-investigation

HOME

LOCAL

SPORTS

NEWS

OPINION

A&E

LIFESTYLES

VIDEO

OBITUARIES

SUBSCRIBEPLACE ADBUY TRIB PHOTOSSPORTSTALKCONTESTS
- - - - -
JOBSHOMESAUTOSCLASSIFIEDS
- - - - -
TRIB TOTAL MEDIACONTACT USFEEDBACK
Email NewsletterseTrib Digital ReplicaOur PublicationseFeaturesBuy Trib PhotosWhere to Buy the Paper
PENNSYLVANIA
Lawyers accused of ethical lapses in Jerry Sandusky investigation
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS SundayMarch 25, 2018, 12:24 p.m.

GENE J. PUSKAR/AP
Former Penn State University assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, center, leaves the Centre County Courthouse after being sentenced in Bellefonte Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012.

In this June 23, 2014, file photo Frank Fina speaks with reporters in Harrisburg, Pa. The agency that investigates and prosecutes wrongdoing by Pennsylvania lawyers wants the state Supreme Court to punish Penn State’s former general counsel and a prosecutor who helped convict Jerry Sandusky of child molestation related to their involvement with the 2012 grand jury investigation. The state Office of Disciplinary Counsel has lodged petitions for discipline against Cynthia Baldwin and Fina. (AP Photo/Bradley C Bower, File)

HARRISBURG, Pa. — The agency that investigates and prosecutes wrongdoing by Pennsylvania lawyers wants the state Supreme Court to punish Penn State's former general counsel and a prosecutor who helped convict Jerry Sandusky of child molestation related to their involvement with the 2012 grand jury investigation.

The state Office of Disciplinary Counsel has lodged petitions for discipline against Cynthia Baldwin, a former state Supreme Court justice who was the university's general counsel when the scandal broke, and Frank Fina, who helped direct the investigation and lead the prosecution of Sandusky by the attorney general's office.

The allegations against the two recently became public. Baldwin has a hearing scheduled for May.

Fina is accused of turning Baldwin “into a witness for the prosecution” when Baldwin testified in secret in October 2012 about three former high-ranking university administrators who fielded complaints about Sandusky abusing children — president Graham Spanier, vice president Gary Schultz and athletic director Tim Curley.

Disciplinary Counsel Amelia C. Kittredge wrote in the 41-page petition for discipline filed in January that Fina's questioning “went far beyond, and impermissibly beyond, the topics (he) told Judge (Barry) Feudale he would cover.”

Days after Baldwin's testimony, prosecutors added conspiracy to commit perjury and conspiracy to commit obstruction charges against Curley and Schultz and for the first time charged Spanier, accusing him of the same offenses. Superior Court in January 2016 threw out charges against all three men that related to false statements to the grand jury, saying Fina had misled the judge and calling his questioning of Baldwin “highly improper.”

Fina's lawyers call the claims against their client “unprecedented and disturbing,” and said sealed records from the criminal case “fully exonerate” him. Fina, now a lawyer in private practice, denies violating any rule of conduct and wants the petition dismissed.

Curley and Schultz pleaded guilty to misdemeanor child endangerment on the eve of trial in March 2017 and testified against Spanier. Spanier was convicted of the same offense and has an appeal pending in Superior Court. Lawyers for all three men declined to comment on the lawyer discipline allegations against Fina and Baldwin.

Superior Court, in throwing out charges, said it was improper that Baldwin, a former trial judge and onetime chair of the Penn State board, testified about her conversations with Curley, Schultz and Spanier.

Joe Grace, a spokesman for the attorney general's office, said it questioned Baldwin “with the knowledge and approval of the judge assigned to supervise the grand jury.”

“The matter was also addressed by the judge assigned to the criminal case, who rejected any claims of impropriety,” he added. “The Office of Attorney General remains fully prepared to defend its successful prosecutions and convictions in this matter.”

The petition filed against Baldwin on Nov. 21 accuses her of violating requirements that lawyers do not disclose information about clients without their informed consent and other allegations.

Baldwin had accompanied Curley, Schultz and Spanier when they appeared before the grand jury in 2011, months before child sexual abuse charges were filed against Sandusky and cover-up charges were filed against Curley and Schultz. In her answer to the petition for discipline, she said she thought they were witnesses only, not suspected of a crime, and that she represented the university.

She denies violating the state's ethical rules for lawyers and has asked that the allegations be dismissed.

“The allegations against Ms. Baldwin are based upon the conduct of Mr. Curley, Mr. Schultz and Dr. Spanier, who participated in a conspiracy to cover up their knowledge of Mr. Sandusky's conduct and who tried to blame Ms. Baldwin when their conspiracy came to light,” wrote her lawyer, Robert S. Tintner. He said the original complaint about her to the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court was filed in June 2012, at the time of Sandusky's trial.

Tintner said the sealed documents show she “acted in a manner consistent with her ethical obligations.”

Sandusky, Penn State's former assistant football coach, was convicted in 2012 of sexually abusing 10 boys and is serving a 30- to 60-year prison sentence. Al Lindsay, Sandusky's appellate defense attorney said the disciplinary board cases will not directly affect Sandusky's effort to get a new trial, but Lindsay believes the grand jury investigation was badly flawed and welcomes any effort to review how it unfolded

LOL!!! It’s all over but the shouting. Talking heads shout. What else can they write or blog about haha. Absolutely not one thing will change and everyone has their opinion so move on.

LOL!!! It’s all over but the shouting. Talking heads shout. What else can they write or blog about haha. Absolutely not one thing will change and everyone has their opinion so move on.
If you actually read the article, you'd realize the courts aren't moving on DB.

Reactions: pandaczar12
If you actually read the article, you'd realize the courts aren't moving on DB.

I read it. The best thing I noticed was Sandusky was in red and not Blue & White!!! Someone can drag you through a legal battle today DB. Doesn’t mean anything is going to change. I never said legal proceedings should end. Just thinking DBs like you should not give Penn State haters a platform to hate. But hey the other poster is right. You guys may not have another hobby haha.

2011-2016: You Ped Stater's allowed dozens of boys to be raped, because you cared too much about football.

2017-present: Just be happy you have a great football team and quit whining about the worst media injustice of this century.

FOOTBALL. :eek:

@Nit16 Why on earth would it bother you if people here or anywhere use their time and their resources to further explore the truth of a matter regarding which you and, as you say, every sensible person has already made final conclusions? It cannot be that you are concerned that we are wasting our time; you waste more of it with every post you make.

@Nit16 Why on earth would it bother you if people here or anywhere use their time and their resources to further explore the truth of a matter regarding which you and, as you say, every sensible person has already made final conclusions? It cannot be that you are concerned that we are wasting our time; you waste more of it with every post you make.

First It doesn’t bother me. We’re just exchanging ideas and opinions here dem. Obviously I’m in the camp of moving on. I’ll react to threads because that’s what we do here. Second it’s my opinion that he truth has been established and all or most parties have had their day in court. And I get that when your day in court turns out badly you can have more days in court. The difference between the camp I reside in and the camp some of you reside is I’m no longer emotional about the Penn State scandal. You guys pluck hairs to support a cause that literally no one outside of our community cares about. The opinions are hardened and will not change. Kick and screaming about the outcome won’t change anything. You my friend are wasting time. I’m just playing my part to free you from the emotional meltdown you and some can’t get by. Time for you to move on and enjoy what James Franklin is doing. You’ll be 70 sooner than you think. What year does the scandal crap end for you dem?

First It doesn’t bother me. We’re just exchanging ideas and opinions here dem. Obviously I’m in the camp of moving on. I’ll react to threads because that’s what we do here. Second it’s my opinion that he truth has been established and all or most parties have had their day in court. And I get that when your day in court turns out badly you can have more days in court. The difference between the camp I reside in and the camp some of you reside is I’m no longer emotional about the Penn State scandal. You guys pluck hairs to support a cause that literally no one outside of our community cares about. The opinions are hardened and will not change. Kick and screaming about the outcome won’t change anything. You my friend are wasting time. I’m just playing my part to free you from the emotional meltdown you and some can’t get by. Time for you to move on and enjoy what James Franklin is doing. You’ll be 70 sooner than you think. What year does the scandal crap end for you dem?

For me, and the many decent people I have known in my life, there is no "sell-by" date on an injustice. You labor under the delusion that popular opinion is determinative of issues like truth and justice. It is not, in most cases. It almost never is, in fact.

But you think it is, so why are you still here arguing about whether I should spend my time addressing it? I certainly have seen your argument made by many people (a lot of them more accomplished at it than you) yet I persist in the knowledge that the truth has not been seen. And the truth is its own reward.

I guess that means the answer to your question is, "When the truth comes out."

Last edited:
I've mentioned this before...I am the Director of a program for abused and neglected kids in central Pa. If I had performed my duties at any time anything like Dr. Raykovitz did at the 2nd Mile I would have been tried, prosecuted, drawn and quartered by the state, my board, my colleagues, the donors to my organization, etc. And rightfully so!

The fact that he continues to enjoy a strong practice in the State College area is nothing short of astonishing to me. Him having 'dirt' on someone may explain his continued existence. But him still living in that same community and, seemingly, flourishing without consequence is beyond the pale.
He is well liked by many, which just goes to prove something -
Jack Raykovitz is a state-licensed professional that not only counseled many Second Mile youth, most notably Matt Sandusky, but his program targeted this population using sports and coaching and attached itself to a high profile athletic program.

Sports is a high-risk environment for child sexual abuse, as it involves: An age disparity between adults and kids; an imbalance of power between a coach and a player; differing intellectual capabilities between adult coaches and youth.

Grooming behavior by an offender goes as follows:

n Targeting a victim — the offender is looking for a vulnerability in that minor.

n Gaining trust — a coach is often perceived as a hero and a mentor.

n Recognizing and fulfilling needs – attention and positive reinforcement is given.

n Isolate the victim — the offender is the only one who understands them.

n Sexualize the relationship — “accidental nudity” in a shower or locker room.

n Maintaining control — separate the minor from their parents or friends.

Dr. Raykovitz should have known that Second Mile was a perfect grooming charity, with Jerry Sandusky exhibiting red flags of grooming behavior around Second Mile kids for years, the largest one being waved was the constant out of program contact.

Dr. Raykovitz described to the jury that after Tim Curley visited him and discussed Mike McQueary’s incident, he spoke with Jerry Sandusky and advised him to “just wear swim trunks” the next time he showers with a youth after a workout. Both the jury and state prosecutor Laura Ditka — who also prosecutes sex crimes — simply accepted Jack’s reasoning.

Telling the offender to wear swim trunks doesn’t matter, the goal of the offender upon entering a locker room with a minor is to get the youth to undress, thus breaking down barriers. This “accidental nudity” then sexualizes the relationship — the locker room or a shower is the perfect place to do that.

Any touching then confuses the child about the nature of the touching. Probing questions from parents are easily waved off with “Oh, it was just regular locker room stuff” “just guys being guys” “It won’t happen again.”

It is inexcusable for a CEO of a program that services children to recommend this as a best practice for ANY adult representing the program.

Dr. Raykovitz tells the jury he knew it was a Second Mile teen in 2001, yet failed to indentify the teen and thus failed to contact the teen’s parent(s) for more information. He failed to probe Sandusky about this of out of program contact with a Second Mile client, nor did he discuss with the full board that Penn State has now bounced all kids from being in campus buildings with Jerry Sandusky as a result. Dr. Raykovitz failed to sit down with Jerry Sandusky, identify his grooming behaviors, put the kibosh on the out of program contact with clients, and implement a written safety plan (as per state mandate) in working with Second Mile minors going forward. By implementing such a practice, the goal would be to protect the children of Second Mile from incidents of misconduct or inappropriate behavior while also protecting Second Mile staff and volunteers from false accusations.

For me, and the many decent people I have known in my life, there is no "sell-by" date on an injustice. You labor under the delusion that popular opinion is determinative of issues like truth and justice. It is not, in most cases. It almost never is, in fact.

But you think it is, so why are you still here arguing about whether I should spend my time addressing it? I certainly have seen your argument made by many people (a lot of them more accomplished at it than you) yet I persist in the knowledge that the truth has not been seen. And the truth is its own reward.

I guess that means the answer to your question is, "When the truth comes out."

Injustice is your opinion dem. For most people justice will never be served for the victims no matter how much money was exchanged. For others justice was served in some form. Serious question. What injustice are you referring to? Your entire first paragraph is purely emotional and the “world according to dem” stuff unless you feel like you can speak and represent most people.

Your second paragraph is of course jibberish with no substance so I’ll pass on that one.

According to many the truth has been out for quite awhile dem. According to them maybe the truth has set them free.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT