ADVERTISEMENT

Beyond JoePa: A closer look at the second mile

Which means he might as well have known nothing....you can’t act on something like that unless you definitely know something.

Head in the sand isn’t an excuse. Ignorance doesn’t hold up well for leaders. We can I agree to disagree. I’m good with that.

I think I remembered him telling Wendy at the press conference that he tried to interview TSM people and they didn’t want to talk to him.
Which should have sent alarm bells clanging and should have been a major focus for ANY INVESTIGATOR (and yeah, I am one.. well now, that is past tense lol). Someone in LF's position with his experience (and let's face it, clout -- for which he was hired in the first place) has to know that when all the signs point one way and the people at the gate ain't talking, you have plenty of reason to mush on.

[And if anyone is paying attention to the news, it's becoming apparent pedophiles are all but calling the shots worldwide]

LF knew peeps at the FBI who could have taken up the yoke... and instead did nothing. Yet another stain attesting to the absolute incompetence of LF... a career of mediocrity and mistakes.

Good fing riddance.

So we're supposed to focus on the football? I think most of us can do that AND stay on point with regard to TSM and what pretty clearly is a pedophilia gang running a whole lot of the show in Pennsylvania.

They gave the world Joe Pa, the man who MADE this institution, and everyone jumped on Joe and forgot about the men in the slimy raincoats hiding in the dark screwing little kids.

Impressive.

Til i die, I will focus on seeing Joe's name restored everywhere, and not just among the true believers. Of course, I go back to the 60's and have a little bit oif history here, and it does not for one moment suggest Joe was the bad guiy here.

And McQ?? that low life punk can rot in hell.

I would think most predators aren’t using an institution and their resources as a grooming ground like Sandusky did for years and years. Most cases like with school districts don’t go on for years and years. It just seems improbable Joe didn’t know he had a serious problem in Sandusky. But it also seems improbable Joe knew he was enabling a child predator. At least to me the Joe knew discussion isn’t a cut a dry discussion. I believe Joe knew he had a Sandusky problem but didn’t realize the severity of it and/or how to deal with it.
You'd think that, would you? So the Catholic priests who did this were not using an institution for years and years? Nasser wasn't? Yeah, thats only the most basic and oft-repeated pattern there is. Cant see why anyone would try that.

You have amply demonstrated you dont know a THING about this topic, or how nice guy predators actually work. Please STFU.

You'd think that, would you? So the Catholic priests who did this were not using an institution for years and years? Nasser wasn't? Yeah, thats only the most basic and oft-repeated pattern there is. Cant see why anyone would try that.

You have amply demonstrated you dont know a THING about this topic, or how nice guy predators actually work. Please STFU.
Dem -

Sorry , as I broke my own suggestion as the institution comment was so far out ther. Once again, Bob says.
" Please take the opportunity to use the ignore function"

I have learned.

Dem -

Sorry , as I broke my own suggestion as the institution comment was so far out ther. Once again, Bob says.
" Please take the opportunity to use the ignore function"

I have learned.
Lol. Sometimes it is fun to respond, as here where the guy so clearly deminstrates he has not a clue about this subject.

Like 25 posts on this very topic he claims to wish we would not discuss, and we find out he knows diddly about it. I sure hope he does not work with kids.

So much to learn from Clemente.

Reactions: pandaczar12

You toss around that term like no one has heard of it say a generation or so ago.

They’re aren’t to many “ bad guy predators “. To access children they have to gain trust somehow, usually of both adults and kids.

The problem is when adults ignore signs or reports and don’t take it seriously. That’s the issue .

You toss around that term like no one has heard of it say a generation or so ago.

They’re aren’t to many “ bad guy predators “. To access children they have to gain trust somehow, usually of both adults and kids.

The problem is when adults ignore signs or reports and don’t take it seriously. That’s the issue .
No. The problem is when adults are fooled. TSM received a "Thousand Points of Light " designation from the Bush WH. It is how you build an impenetrable fortress for your rep so that people literally do not believe the victims, the evidence, or even their own eyes.

Both you and your little buddy here have a remarkable lack of understanding about this subject for people who post about it so much.

So we're supposed to focus on the football? I think most of us can do that AND stay on point with regard to TSM and what pretty clearly is a pedophilia gang running a whole lot of the show in Pennsylvania.

They gave the world Joe Pa, the man who MADE this institution, and everyone jumped on Joe and forgot about the men in the slimy raincoats hiding in the dark screwing little kids.

Impressive.

Til i die, I will focus on seeing Joe's name restored everywhere, and not just among the true believers. Of course, I go back to the 60's and have a little bit oif history here, and it does not for one moment suggest Joe was the bad guiy here.

And McQ?? that low life punk can rot in hell

You’re
No. The problem is when adults are fooled. TSM received a "Thousand Points of Light " designation from the Bush WH. It is how you build an impenetrable fortress for your rep so that people literally do not believe the victims, the evidence, or even their own eyes.

Both you and your little buddy here have a remarkable lack of understanding about this subject for people who post about it so much.

You have no idea of the depth of understanding I have on this. I was involved with this stuff charity wise and calling my legislators twenty five years ago.
I’m quite familiar with how they operate. The Clemente report was a huge water is wet report to me .
The trouble with the report is he didn’t touch on Mike’s report to Joe and the others and he also didn’t have access to any OAG materiel or defense Atty material .
It was a position paper so to speak , and expert opinion on matters regarding these matters but devoid of actual what’s and whys and how toos regarding the particulars of this case.
Notice how Clemente wasn’t hired as an expert witness for the defense ? That should tell you something .
Everything he said was true, but it wasn’t necessarily relevant to this particular case.

Reactions: WHCANole and Nit16
You have no idea of the depth of understanding I have on this. I was involved with this stuff charity wise and calling my legislators twenty five years ago.
I’m quite familiar with how they operate. The Clemente report was a huge water is wet report to me .
The trouble with the report is he didn’t touch on Mike’s report to Joe and the others and he also didn’t have access to any OAG materiel or defense Atty material .
It was a position paper so to speak , and expert opinion on matters regarding these matters but devoid of actual what’s and whys and how toos regarding the particulars of this case.
Notice how Clemente wasn’t hired as an expert witness for the defense ? That should tell you something .
Everything he said was true, but it wasn’t necessarily relevant to this particular case.
So you know all about it? Why do your posts seem so devoid of knowledge then? Lol.

Sounds like you should have done more.

Btw, had people at MSU taken the time to be instructed by Clemente, they might have stopped Nasser YEARS before the cops had to. But the know-it-alls there treated it like a "water is wet" report. Just like you.

So you know all about it? Why do your posts seem so devoid of knowledge then? Lol.

Sounds like you should have done more.

Well that was some opinion based drivel and nonsense .
I’m done with stressing over this scandal . For awhile now.
As for what I’ve done what I could do . I’m guessing it’s a lot more than a Johnny come late to the child protection party like you.
Admit it, you never paid attention to this issue until it impacted your world . Some of us just had that impact much earlier . But if you actually want to help, welcome to the party.

Reactions: Nit16
As for what I’ve done what I could do . I’m guessing it’s a lot more than a Johnny come late to the child protection party like you.
Admit it, you never paid attention to this issue until it impacted your world . Some of us just had that impact much earlier . But if you actually want to help, welcome to the party.

Are you beating down the door of the state agencies who failed in this case? Are you up the governor’s dirt pipe about cleaning up the child welfare mess in this state? There are cases EVERY DAY in this state where these agencies fail to protect children. Every day, yet you choose to spend your time lecturing on a message board. That will get the job done.

Reactions: pandaczar12
pretty obvious that you didn't read it

Catholic priest doesn’t have the day to day exposure like a DC has at Penn State. At least back in the day. Small staff and relatively quiet life. Listen dem we can go back and forth without one thing being proved or accomplished. If you play the all or nothing zero sum game regarding whether “Joe Knew” something(anything, everything) you’re probably a fool. Are you that fool dem?

Catholic priest doesn’t have the day to day exposure like a DC has at Penn State. At least back in the day. Small staff and relatively quiet life. Listen dem we can go back and forth without one thing being proved or accomplished. If you play the all or nothing zero sum game regarding whether “Joe Knew” something(anything, everything) you’re probably a fool. Are you that fool dem?
Some of those priests were headmasters at schools, you gommy doofus! Btw, JS never had anything to do with CHILDREN as DC. That was in his other job, at TSM.

Reactions: psugisher and Bob78

Noty to get too involved with the who and what, but a close family member is hip deep in the child trafficking prevention business and my initial NCMEC goes back to my days running security for a "rather large" NYC law firm. Previously, I had some experience in the matter while working on organized crime investigations.

Actually, I had my first run-in with a child-trafficker back in the 70's... something i wouldn't know until my OC investigations a decade later (he was whacked in Florida).

So while I can't speak for DemLion (or anyone else), I can tell you my experience and anger (that word doesn't come close to describing how I really feel about it) pertaining to child endangerment, trafficking, and abuse. I suspect there are quite a few other folks over here whose first dealing with this kind of issue pre-date Sandusky.

If there is evidence in the review of the Freeh materials that exonerates or at least supports the position that CSS and Joe did the right thing I would hope that would be made public, court order or not. Being accused of enabling a serial pedophile is one of the worst accusations that could be made about someone(s), IMO. There are certainly ways to redact any names, etc, in order to present to the public the relevant information.

Reactions: Bob78 and Zenophile

Let me guess Sandusky adopting children from THE STATE (and being evaluated and approved as a fit parent by THE STATE) as well as having been granted permission and a LICENSE BY THE STATE to run Pennsylvania Registered Children's Charity that subsequently did SUBCONTRACT WORK FOR THE STATE was all driven by Sandusky's access to PSU as a DC??? WTF are you talking about moron - we're talking about Sandusky abusing children that he ADOPTED, was providing FOSTER PARENTING to and were under the care of a CHILDREN'S DEDICATED CHARITY FOUNDED BY SANDUSKY all, 100%, DONE VIA STATE AGENCIES and STATE APPROVAL...what on earth does any of that have to do with the DC Position at Penn State??? Only an a low-life, dirtbag, fabricating, bootlicker of the corrupt, like you, knows the answer to that question....:confused:

Let me guess Sandusky adopting children from THE STATE (and being evaluated and approved as a fit parent by THE STATE) as well as having been granted permission and a LICENSE BY THE STATE to run Pennsylvania Registered Children's Charity that subsequently did SUBCONTRACT WORK FOR THE STATE was all driven by Sandusky's access to PSU as a DC??? WTF are you talking about moron - we're talking about Sandusky abusing children that he ADOPTED, was providing FOSTER PARENTING to and were under the care of a CHILDREN'S DEDICATED CHARITY FOUNDED BY SANDUSKY all, 100%, DONE VIA STATE AGENCIES and STATE APPROVAL...what on earth does any of that have to do with the DC Position at Penn State??? Only an a low-life, dirtbag, fabricating, bootlicker of the corrupt, like you, knows the answer to that question....:confused:
Bushwood!

You have issues. Give your attack dog routine to someone that gives a crap. There’s a basic opinion that Penn State leadership, including Joe, had no knowledge of the Sandusky situation so they did not enable or play a role in the years of child abuse. There’s also a basic opinion that Penn State leadership covered up or enabled Sandusky for years. My opinion, without being obsessed with this case and then manipulating the records to defend my opinion, is in the middle some place as I’ve posted before. You are way to emotional.

You have issues. Give your attack dog routine to someone that gives a crap. There’s a basic opinion that Penn State leadership, including Joe, had no knowledge of the Sandusky situation so they did not enable or play a role in the years of child abuse. There’s also a basic opinion that Penn State leadership covered up or enabled Sandusky for years. My opinion, without being obsessed with this case and then manipulating the records to defend my opinion, is in the middle some place as I’ve posted before. You are way to emotional.

Or Joe Paterno, after hearing word of a rather benign incident reported by Mike McQueary, took extra care and ensured University leadership was informed of a possible child abuse incident as soon as possible. Then after said University leadership completed their investigation and made a decision, Joe followed up with the actual eyewitness to be sure he was okay with that decision. The witness voiced no objection to how the incident was handled. I don't see how anyone could fault Joe for that.

You're right. Knowledge of the facts is not necessary for you to have an opinion. Its only necessary if you want to have a DEFENSIBLE opinion.

Or Joe Paterno, after hearing word of a rather benign incident reported by Mike McQueary, took extra care and ensured University leadership was informed of a possible child abuse incident as soon as possible. Then after said University leadership completed their investigation and made a decision, Joe followed up with the actual eyewitness to be sure he was okay with that decision. The witness voiced no objection to how the incident was handled. I don't see how anyone could fault Joe for that.

Me neither

You're right. Knowledge of the facts is not necessary for you to have an opinion. Its only necessary if you want to have a DEFENSIBLE opinion.

Knowledge of the fact haha. Ok dem you got em and know them haha. What’s fact to you is challenged by the next guy. Go to a courtroom. You’ll see it everyday.

The Bible gets butchered everyday by more people than you can count. Heck there are history books that establish facts that get disputed by 7th history teachers.

Says the dirtbag, lowlife moron that loves handing out "life advice" to others....pathetic. Go crawl back under your rock tool-boy.

Knowledge of the fact haha. Ok dem you got em and know them haha. What’s fact to you is challenged by the next guy. Go to a courtroom. You’ll see it everyday.

The Bible gets butchered everyday by more people than you can count. Heck there are history books that establish facts that get disputed by 7th history teachers.
I go to courtrooms all the time. Anyone who says he cannot possibly know the facts, is a person who should have his opinions--which are after all supposed to be BASED on fact--ignored and derided.

I would think most predators aren’t using an institution and their resources as a grooming ground like Sandusky did for years and years. Most cases like with school districts don’t go on for years and years. It just seems improbable Joe didn’t know he had a serious problem in Sandusky. But it also seems improbable Joe knew he was enabling a child predator. At least to me the Joe knew discussion isn’t a cut a dry discussion. I believe Joe knew he had a Sandusky problem but didn’t realize the severity of it and/or how to deal with it.

The institutaitonl he used as a grooming ground was THE SECOND MILE!

It just seems improbable that Joe knew he had a serious problem in Sandusky. Considering Sandusky didn't work for him, and he only received one watered down vague 3 minute report.

The institutaitonl he used as a grooming ground was THE SECOND MILE!

It just seems improbable that Joe knew he had a serious problem in Sandusky. Considering Sandusky didn't work for him, and he only received one watered down vague 3 minute report.

Who knows. I respect your opinion. My main point is and has been not giving hater a forum to hate. My opinion differs with yours a bit but I have always been a big supporter of Joe.

He is well liked by many, which just goes to prove something -
Jack Raykovitz is a state-licensed professional that not only counseled many Second Mile youth, most notably Matt Sandusky, but his program targeted this population using sports and coaching and attached itself to a high profile athletic program.

Sports is a high-risk environment for child sexual abuse, as it involves: An age disparity between adults and kids; an imbalance of power between a coach and a player; differing intellectual capabilities between adult coaches and youth.

Grooming behavior by an offender goes as follows:

n Targeting a victim — the offender is looking for a vulnerability in that minor.

n Gaining trust — a coach is often perceived as a hero and a mentor.

n Recognizing and fulfilling needs – attention and positive reinforcement is given.

n Isolate the victim — the offender is the only one who understands them.

n Sexualize the relationship — “accidental nudity” in a shower or locker room.

n Maintaining control — separate the minor from their parents or friends.

Dr. Raykovitz should have known that Second Mile was a perfect grooming charity, with Jerry Sandusky exhibiting red flags of grooming behavior around Second Mile kids for years, the largest one being waved was the constant out of program contact.

Dr. Raykovitz described to the jury that after Tim Curley visited him and discussed Mike McQueary’s incident, he spoke with Jerry Sandusky and advised him to “just wear swim trunks” the next time he showers with a youth after a workout. Both the jury and state prosecutor Laura Ditka — who also prosecutes sex crimes — simply accepted Jack’s reasoning.

Telling the offender to wear swim trunks doesn’t matter, the goal of the offender upon entering a locker room with a minor is to get the youth to undress, thus breaking down barriers. This “accidental nudity” then sexualizes the relationship — the locker room or a shower is the perfect place to do that.

Any touching then confuses the child about the nature of the touching. Probing questions from parents are easily waved off with “Oh, it was just regular locker room stuff” “just guys being guys” “It won’t happen again.”

It is inexcusable for a CEO of a program that services children to recommend this as a best practice for ANY adult representing the program.

Dr. Raykovitz tells the jury he knew it was a Second Mile teen in 2001, yet failed to indentify the teen and thus failed to contact the teen’s parent(s) for more information. He failed to probe Sandusky about this of out of program contact with a Second Mile client, nor did he discuss with the full board that Penn State has now bounced all kids from being in campus buildings with Jerry Sandusky as a result. Dr. Raykovitz failed to sit down with Jerry Sandusky, identify his grooming behaviors, put the kibosh on the out of program contact with clients, and implement a written safety plan (as per state mandate) in working with Second Mile minors going forward. By implementing such a practice, the goal would be to protect the children of Second Mile from incidents of misconduct or inappropriate behavior while also protecting Second Mile staff and volunteers from false accusations.

This @jerot poster / bot ripped off my very words.

Regarding my asking him about Lynne Abraham & Second Mile, watch Freeh step away from the lectern, effectively shutting down his press conference.

In fact, Freeh completely avoided Sandusky’s grooming charity - the Second Mile. For someone who claimed to continously interface with the state attorney general, he never cared to find out where former Philadelphia DA Lynne Abraham was with her parallel investigation into the charity. Abraham was to turn over her findings to the state attorney general. We now know that never happened, as Abraham simply closed up shop 6 weeks later in January 2011.

Freeh is either blissfully unaware, or is concealing that knowledge, that Abraham dropped from the radar when asked at his July press conference:

It's clear now that his "mandate" was never to follow the facts. Because if he did, he would have scaled back his report to the "good governance" recommendations and told the Board that the problems all stemmed from 1998 and failures of oversight at Second Mile.

Any good INDEPENDENT investigator that was "continuously interfacing" with the AGs office, would have pulled AG/police interviews - noticed that Sassano concocted McQueary's bullshit "Rudy" story and laid down a timeline for that incident exposing Sassano. As a former prosecutor, Freeh should then have advised the Board about Feathers & Sassano and the AG's corrupt use of the 2011 grand jury presentment and how they wanted to proceed with that knowledge.

Last edited:
Actually - that's not correct. The Second Mile issue arose after I was in his office April 2016 complaining to him about Second Mile leadership, the funky programming they did at public schools, the funky statistics they submitted, etc.

You’re above this joke thread.

Regarding my asking him about Lynne Abraham & Second Mile, watch Freeh step away from the lectern, effectively shutting down his press conference.

In fact, Freeh completely avoided Sandusky’s grooming charity - the Second Mile. For someone who claimed to continously interface with the state attorney general, he never cared to find out where former Philadelphia DA Lynne Abraham was with her parallel investigation into the charity. Abraham was to turn over her findings to the state attorney general. We now know that never happened, as Abraham simply closed up shop 6 weeks later in January 2011.

Freeh is either blissfully unaware, or is concealing that knowledge, that Abraham dropped from the radar when asked at his July press conference:

It's clear now that his "mandate" was never to follow the facts. Because if he did, he would have scaled back his report to the "good governance" recommendations and told the Board that the problems all stemmed from 1998 and failures of oversight at Second Mile.

Any good INDEPENDENT investigator that was "continuously interfacing" with the AGs office, would have pulled AG/police interviews - noticed that Sassano concocted McQueary's bullshit "Rudy" story and laid down a timeline for that incident exposing Sassano. As a former prosecutor, Freeh should then have advised the Board about Feathers & Sassano and the AG's corrupt use of the 2011 grand jury presentment and how they wanted to proceed with that knowledge.

@demlion @pandaczar12

Seems about right no? MM was full of it and might have made it up. Also if I’m understanding here Penn State and Joe had nothing to do TSM so Sandusky was completely independent from all things Penn state or Joe. What else am I missing?

@demlion @pandaczar12

Seems about right no? MM was full of it and might have made it up. Also if I’m understanding here Penn State and Joe had nothing to do TSM so Sandusky was completely independent from all things Penn state or Joe. What else am I missing?

I thought didier posted that Joe had some real estate dealings with some people connected to TSM?

ADVERTISEMENT