ADVERTISEMENT

Best lines in a movie.....

“Only two things come from Oklahoma…Steers and queers. I don’t see no horns on you, boy!! So you must be a queer.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 91Joe95 and brupsu
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

200.gif

Life does not stop and start at your convenience you miserable piece of... oh, and the Chinaman is not the issue here dude, please: Asian American 4
when walter wokes into the skinhead barber shop and tells Charles Barkley he's gonna bust his head like a tootsie roll pop for tweeting gay troll sh-t about Litecoin

Could fill a post with Harry Callahan lines but one I always got a chuckle from:

“I asked if you knew where San Quentin is, and you do, don't you asshole?”

We've covered this ground before, but it doesn't seem to get too old........

My nomination:

Movie: My Darling Clementine
Line: Fonda to the bartender. "Mac, you ever been in love?" Bartender replies. "No, I've been a bartender all my life..."
Oh God, I wish I was a loofah!

Reactions: AWS1022
Tristan died in the moon of the popping trees. He was last seen in the north country, hunting. His grave is unmarked, but it does not matter. He had always lived in the borderland, anyway. Somewhere between this world and the other. lt was a good death.

Jeff Bridges to Michelle Pfeiffer in The Fabulous Baker Boys: “Listen sister, we fu-ked twice. Once the sweat dried, you didn’t know $hit about me!”

"You're either incredibly smart, or incredibly stupid"

The retort: "we'll find out in a minute"

And then a minute later in the movie:

"I'll be back for my blender"

The retort: "I'll have it gift wrapped"

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Now Ned, them whores are going to tell different lies than you. And when their lies ain't the same as your lies... Well, I ain't gonna hurt no woman. But I'm gonna hurt you. And not gentle like before... but bad.

Reactions: Googsdad
We've covered this ground before, but it doesn't seem to get too old........

My nomination:

Movie: My Darling Clementine
Line: Fonda to the bartender. "Mac, you ever been in love?" Bartender replies. "No, I've been a bartender all my life..."

If you haven't seen Spencer Confidential with Marky Mark on Netflix, it's worth the watch. Very fun and entertaining. It leverages (the band) Boston in the opening scenes, and Iliza Shlesinger is a hammer:

cb9e2c2a5427d73cd4ffd9fb527367c0d4e9b6fa.jpg

Great lines:

"F*** 'em up Spencer."

"Alright Shawshank, I'll move my f***'en car..."

and later...

"What the f*** is the cloud?"

"Don't play with me right now --- give me the cloud!"

Last edited:
Diane Keaton: “You’re the greatest lover I’ve ever had.”
Woody Allen: “Well, I practice a lot when I’m alone.”

Reactions: Nitwit and BobPSU92
Deservin’s got nuthin to do with it.

Fair?! Who’s the ****ing nihilist around here you bunch a ****in’ crybabies?!

It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life…or death. It shall be life.

In no particular order, ...

Love Story - Love is never saying you're sorry ...

Dirt Harry - Make my day ...

Casablanca - Play it gain Sam!

Mae West (forget name of movie) - Come up and see sometime ...

Patton - Patton to the Chaplain: Write a prayer for it to stop snowing ...

My two favorites after "Frankly Scarlette, I don't give a damn" are similar in nature. They were spoken by the movie's bad guys but are great points. the world isn't black and white. And often, what we are taught is bad, has a necessary place in the world. it is about world context and understanding of human nature and the way things really work.

Gordon Gekko: The point is, ladies and gentlemen, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms, greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge, has marked the upward surge in mankind and greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA. Thank you very much.

LtCol Nathan Jessep: “We live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a great responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. The luxury of the blind. The luxury of not knowing what I know: That Santiago’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and uncomprehensible to you, saves lives. You can’t handle it. Because deep down, in places you don’t talk about, you want me on that wall. You need me there. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as a backbone to a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I’d prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I’d suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT