ADVERTISEMENT

Best lines in a movie.....

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
We've covered this ground before, but it doesn't seem to get too old........

My nomination:

Movie: My Darling Clementine
Line: Fonda to the bartender. "Mac, you ever been in love?" Bartender replies. "No, I've been a bartender all my life..."

"Give me a Diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a God-damn hurry." - Buford T. Justice

"I am playing pool, Fats. When I miss, you can shoot." - Fast Eddie Felson

"Fill your hand you sonofabitch!" - Rooster Cogburn

Last edited:
John Wayne - Big Jake
And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off.

A close second for me.

Gladiator
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

OL

Some Great lines in that movie “Gimme some sugar baby”
John Wayne - Big Jake
And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off.

A close second for me.

Gladiator
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

OL
Old Irish lady in the quiet man picks up a stick and tells wayne that”here is a stick to beat the lady with”

Reactions: Uh Clem
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT