ADVERTISEMENT

Best instrumental rock song.............

Royal Coaster owns (pwns) this thread.

Here's some more ownage. Hard to believe this guy shredded so hard in the 50s. Way ahead of his time. Link Wray - wait for the blistering attack 1:45 in:

My Funny Valentine & Chim Chim Cherie have the same chord progressions and sound partially like both Taurus & Stairway. We get it. You don't like Zeppelin
Stairway doesn't partially sound like Taurus. It sounds exactly like it. Again, they spent months opening for Spirit. And you the Hell are you telling me who I like or dislike. I don't like pompous asses like Plant. Page, Bonham and Jones were brilliant.

Stairway doesn't partially sound like Taurus. It sounds exactly like it. Again, they spent months opening for Spirit. And you the Hell are you telling me who I like or dislike. I don't like pompous asses like Plant. Page, Bonham and Jones were brilliant.
Are you a relative of Randy California? Taurus sounds similar to many songs. In fact, I would say the string opening is a direct ripoff of the style of many Moody Blues songs.

Last edited:
Sound similar? Released in 1954. Musicians always copy players who came before.

Another one I thought of was "Flying" by the Beatles. I couldn't find any video of it other than hundreds of crappy covers on YouTube.

Trivia: "Flying" was the first song ever played on WMMR when it began broadcasting.

"Sultans of Swing" Dire Straits with Eric Clapton supporting

Best of the instrumental begins around the 5 min mark to completion.

Sorry, late to the party but I'm surprised there isn't at least one Def Leppard fan on this board. Back when Steve Clark was alive and Rick Allen had both arms ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT