ADVERTISEMENT

Bernie Truax is in the transfer portal

giphy.gif

Where will Bernie fit into our lineup. AB to 197, Carter to 184, Barr 174, Haines up to 165 and Messenbrink in at 157.

Some dates from last spring, for potential comparison (should a moral debate ensue on the boards in the next week 😉):
March 28 — Mineo tweets news of Real Woods graduating early and says he is “on the move”.
March 31 — Degree conferral for Winter Quarter 2022.
April 1 — Flo reports that Real is in the portal with a “do not contact” listing.
April 2 — Intermat reports on Woods’s announcement that he is transferring to Iowa (a day after appearing in the portal).

Let’s see what plays out with Truax.

Last edited:
Truax is a national title contender and didn’t put Do Not Contact so yeah everyone coach in the country will contact him and I’m sure he will weigh his options.

i put Brooks at 197 in Crystal Ball just days after NCAA's. I don't know that's a 100% sure thing but that was my gut feeling.

when Bernie announced he was going in the portal, my knee jerk reaction was PSU was a no brainer. PSU needs a 184 for a year.

but he is taking a campus visit elsewhere which surprises me.

I was under the assumption Woodley would be wrestling at Michigan next year
That's what was put out there, except it didn't happen and still hasn't.

He'd be a good 197 fill-in, unless Brooks does go up. In which case, never mind.

Pitt ... depends on his goals. Woodley has done well enough in freestyle to continue on the senior circuit. Pitt's RTC may not have the funding for him to stay there.

Truax at 184 is no match for Brooks and not sure he’s much better than Assad. Still think Truax is a 197 next year… why not?

so Bernie you wanna win a team title or keep doing what you been doing?Possibly an ind title as well!

Truax at 184 is no match for Brooks and not sure he’s much better than Assad. Still think Truax is a 197 next year… why not?
anger-management-jack-nicholson.gif

but seriously, this is insane. and he's probably not a 197 because he walked around in the low 190's this year and started his career at 157. Probably thought he'd grow into it more.

dude's a 3x top 4 placer at 3 different weights. but if you don't want him, we'll take him!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT