ADVERTISEMENT

Beast of the East

BrockBronson

May 20, 2021
What is going on with the seeds. You can tell they didn’t get Willie Smalls. There is going to be so many great matches.
I am interested in Sidun Vs Botero.

Yeah, the seeds looks really strange. In the same draw Deluca #4?
Here are the pre-seeds:

Those 120 pre-seeds are whack-tastic.

Botero vs Sidun in one quarter, DeLuca vs Littleton in another, in the same side.

On the other side: Dillard got the 6, Seidel the 7, and Ziegler the 10. Seidel and Ziegler are both PA state finalists and would meet before the quarters.

I give up on these seeds. So many examples of awful seeds. Kinney the 5 seed at 285 is a real howler.

Reactions: mcpat
Here are the pre-seeds:

Those 120 pre-seeds are whack-tastic.

Botero vs Sidun in one quarter, DeLuca vs Littleton in another, in the same side.

On the other side: Dillard got the 6, Seidel the 7, and Ziegler the 10. Seidel and Ziegler are both PA state finalists and would meet before the quarters.
Ziegler vs Seidel in the R16 is criminal. They need to be better than that.

24-11 = you're still the little brother kid
I had a friend was a big baseball player
Back in High School
He could throw that speedball by you
Make you look like a fool, boy
Saw him the other night at this roadside bar
I was walking in, he was walking out
We went back inside, sat down, had a few drinks
But all he kept talking about was

Glory Days, well they’ll pass you by
Gory Days, in the wink of a young girl’s eye
Glory Days, Glory Days

Talk about stupid seeding

You have 2 nationally ranked kids wrestling in the round of 64 right now - Tyler Traves and Jayden James.

Not going to do the bracketology, but is likely that somebody very good will not place in this bracket because of the landmine they just dropped into the backside.

Not as big, but just another example, my home team 114, Connor Lenahan, placed at ETR and Beast last year beating Caden Smith both times to do it. Smith - DNP at both. Smith is seeded 6th and Lenahan unseeded and gets dropped into a first round match with Davidheiser who has beaten him 3 times in a row. And the fact that Davidheiser, who has placed at multiple national tournaments is seeded 11th behind Smith is laughable.

Last edited:
Talk about stupid seeding

You have 2 nationally ranked kids wrestling in the round of 64 right now - Tyler Traves and Jayden James.

Not going to do the bracketology, but is likely that somebody very good will not place in this bracket because of the landmine they just dropped into the backside.

Not as big, but just another example, my home team 114, Connor Lenahan, placed at ETR and Beast last year beating Caden Smith both times to do it. Smith - DNP at both. Smith is seeded 6th and Lenahan unseeded and gets dropped into a first round match with Davidheiser who has beaten him 3 times in a row. And the fact that Davidheiser, who has placed at multiple national tournaments is seeded 11th behind Smith is laughable.
How the brackets were seeded:

EdgHdKDZaylx.gif

This may sound stupid:
I'm looking at the brackets on Track wrestling, and a pop-up commercial covers the bottom part of the brackets --- regardless of how, I can't read the bottom each bracket.

WTF am I doing wrong?

This may sound stupid:
I'm looking at the brackets on Track wrestling, and a pop-up commercial covers the bottom part of the brackets --- regardless of how, I can't read the bottom each bracket.

WTF am I doing wrong?
Nothing. Sometimes you can keep out the very bottom of the bracket if you micro-scroll but it depends on the ad. Happens all the time on large brackets in Track.

Reactions: danoftw
This may sound stupid:

WTF am I doing wrong?
Nothing. But there are options:

1. Try hitting CTRL dash (minus symbol). It will shrink the text until it is no longer blocked by the ad -- but it might shrink the text so small that you can't read it.

2. After selecting the bracket, click on "View" in the bracket menu. It should re-open the bracket, with the screen formatted so the ad is entirely below the bracket.

3. Click on "Print" in the bracket menu. It should open the bracket in a new window, without ads.

For those of you watching the Beast from the Track brackets you are sick and tired of the PF Chang commercial that you get before every match: I had lunch at PF Chang's on Saturday, $156 for 3 people, no drinks, and the food sucked. Get better wonton soup at the SuperWok takeout in Exton. Better main courses from Blue Koi in Hanover. All for a fraction of the cost.

FLO has a lot of nerve, charging a ridiculous amount to see their damn videos and still having commercials. Did I mention that I hate FLO?

Just saw Sadriddinov of CR South throw a win-dixie for a 5 point move. At least that's how it ended up. It took the ref a while to recognize what had happened, then he awarded the TD and started counting ---- only after I heard the coaches call for back points several times. It was like the ref woke up and said to himself, "Oh, yeah, that's a winn-dixie". Same reaction Nolf got from refs when he first started throwing it.

285: S2 Pavlechko F S6 Bechtold 3:26, was up 7-0 at the time.

This could be a state semis preview. Bechtold the younger was at 189 last year. If he follows his brother to Bucknell, that's a good upper-weight combo for Wirnsberger.

Reactions: danoftw and mcpat
107: FR Guenot F SQ (NE-3) Bobotas 1:25.

Guenot is one of the top freshmen in PA, and a contender for AA 107 this year.

Reactions: danoftw and mcpat
114: S2 Deputy dec S5 Weaver 4-3 on a late escape.

Weaver got the only takedown of the match. Deputy scored on a reversal.

Any chance someone can do PBP for Asher’s match?

121: S5 Willochell F FR Rothermel 1:09.

Rothermel is a well-regarded freshman, though over-hyped on this board.

127: S2 Binni dec S5 Fye 7-6. Late flurry with Fye getting a late escape to take the lead, and Binni getting the winning takedown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT