ADVERTISEMENT

Beard is back on the market

I am pretty certain McCutcheon is graduating. Haven't heard he was not staying for the extra year. I understand he wants to go to school for chiropractic medicine. Maybe he has been accepted.
Hearing Clutch is done now with wrestling and moving on !!!! Said this 2 or 3 times now.

Would be very happy to see Hoffman come to PSU. He will have a very nice college career no doubt.

But 1place is correct - Beard is on a different level right now. Have seen them both wrestle this year and who knows in the future, but right now it's not close.

What's scary about Beard is how young he is also.

Reactions: kevin310
Seth will end up at PSU! I'd bet my next paycheck on it! He'll say it when he's ready...

Edit: No I'm not an insider, and if I was then I wouldn't dare steal a high school kids big moment! I'm just more confident about this recruit than any other in the past! He'll be at PSU...can't wait!

Last edited:
Is it unusual to announce you're decommitting from NW, and at the same time they're one of the 3 options?

It's unusual, but I guess he's saying he wants to re-explore his options and hasn't ruled out NW, even though he doesn't want to commit before re-exploring. :confused:

If you noticed on television when Mark Hall won his championship and went in the stands to embrace his Mom and Dad, you can see Seth Nevills cheering. He was wearing Penn State apparel while sitting in the Penn State section.

Hoffman is your prototypical collegiate 197. Beard might be the tweener of the two.

If you noticed on television when Mark Hall won his championship and went in the stands to embrace his Mom and Dad, you can see Seth Nevills cheering. He was wearing Penn State apparel while sitting in the Penn State section.

Hoffman is your prototypical collegiate 197. Beard might be the tweener of the two.

Absolutely was Big Snacks. Good to hear from you Ames.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Holy shit..Imagine if we got Beard? That would give us 2,3,4,5 and possibly 10 on 2018 big board..that's insane

Pish, I've also heard that on this board that 2018 is a very strong class, although I'm not knowledgeable enough to confirm that. I assume 2, 3, 4, 5, and 10 are some combination of Teasdale, Whittlake, RBY, Beard, and Seth Nevills. Then there's Joe Lee and possibly G. Hoffman, not sure if they are in the power ranking or not, but that is a very impressive group. I realize RBY is rumored to be changing his commitment. And we may end up not getting Beard, S. Nevills, or Hoffman. But this is certainly shaping up to be a stellar recruiting class for PSU.

On top of our potential haul from the 2018 class, we also have #10 Manville from the 2016 class. Then we have Nick Lee and Brady Berge who I believe are #'s 5 and 7 in the power ranking from the 2017 class.

...who dreams up these monikers?...

...do the wrestlers themselves approve of someone attaching a meaningless second name to the name their parents bestowed on them?... :)

Last edited:
...who dreams up these monikers?...

...do the wrestlers themselves approve of someone attaching a meaningless second name to the name their parents bestowed on them?... :)

I came up with my own nick name. I told my wife to refer to me as: "MASTER"

To answer your questions:
  1. Yes, I am still married to her.
  2. She has never called me that nickname.

Hoffman would be just 1.5 hr from his old house to his new home. #WeAre

Two quick items:

1) Does anyone know why all these great recruits are coming here when we don't have a coaching staff that can develop talent? What's gotten into these kids?

2) If you're smart enough to get into Northwestern, you can probably swing an academic scholarship to Penn State - at least a partial one. Couple that with the said applicant being a PA resident, and tuition gets pretty damn affordable if I may say so my damn self.

Indeed, right here:

Reactions: Sullivan
Top left, ANGRY Mizzou fan is gonna STAY angry, damnit. No clapping here, just arms crossed and mean muggin!
Well, PSU guys had just beaten Missourable guys by bonus in successive matches before Cenzo's amazing finish. Probably wasn't feeling cozy for the Blue and White about then.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Reading on a different boatd, and understanding rumors are just that - rumors.

Is there anything anybody has heard about Joey Silva? Apparently there is nutual interest.

Reactions: Deanne
Yes. This is true as it's now the front page of Flowrestling tonight. Cael was at Malvern Prep tonight, but he's not allowed to talk to any recruits until July 1st per NCAA rules. He was just talking to Nathan Lautar, HC, and watching our freestyle practice, which was being run by Coach Kindig (Yes Josh's father). Very unexpected, but very cool experience for our HS and youth kids.

Storni and Andrew Howe were at practice on Tuesday night too. Howe and Richard Perry, MP assistant coach and Top 6 at the Olympic Trials, ran practice on Tuesday night. Richard has been helping out our middle and heavier weights all season. Howe, Perry, Beard, and Karoly in a round robin. How's that for you guys?

Keep these tasty recruiting morsels coming!

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT