ADVERTISEMENT

Beard is back on the market

I am pretty certain McCutcheon is graduating. Haven't heard he was not staying for the extra year. I understand he wants to go to school for chiropractic medicine. Maybe he has been accepted.

Reactions: diggerpup
All four are class of 2018 with Whittlake a 184, Beard is a 197, Hoffman is a small 285, Nevills is a big 285. They could release RBY and grab two of the last three guys mentioned. They lose a lot in two years with Cortez, Nolf, Rasheed, Nickal, Cassar, and Nevills all moving on. This 2018 class RS's and takes the torch in 2019.

Reactions: diggerpup
All four are class of 2018 with Whittlake a 184, Beard is a 197, Hoffman is a small 285, Nevills is a big 285. They could release RBY and grab two of the last three guys mentioned. They lose a lot in two years with Cortez, Nolf, Rasheed, Nickal, Cassar, and Nevills all moving on. This 2018 class RS's and takes the torch in 2019.

I was told definitively that Hoffman wasn't a tweener.

I like Hoffman, but I think Beard is on a different level

At this point, that is probably true, but I've been around the PIAA championships long enough to know that any kid who wins that thing two times, has the chance to be special. That tournament is the hardest state tournament in the nation, by FAR.

I'd take both Beard and Hoffman and let RBY go. Great to have some more Pa kids and State needs to stock the bottom of the line-up. I'd love Nevills but think he would have already commited by now and I really think he wants to be out west, Stanford most likely.

I'd take both Beard and Hoffman and let RBY go. Great to have some more Pa kids and State needs to stock the bottom of the line-up. I'd love Nevills but think he would have already commited by now and I really think he wants to be out west, Stanford most likely.
Hoffman should never see HWT in college and he'd need to get fat to do so. Nevills is also the far better option and I'd bet you money he ends up at PSU.

Reactions: El-Jefe

Ian, didn't you see Willie's tweet, showing Snacks in our lineup @ 285. Take it to the bank, Snacks to Happy Valley.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
At this point, that is probably true, but I've been around the PIAA championships long enough to know that any kid who wins that thing two times, has the chance to be special. That tournament is the hardest state tournament in the nation, by FAR.
I have no doubt Hoffman will be very good, but if you have the ability to be picky...

I've seen this before on this board -- where does Stanford come from? Snacks wants to be an Olympian. Stanford is not capable of developing him at that level.

I think PSU needs a heavyweight in the 2018 class, and Seth Nevills is the obvious target. The fact that he hasn't committed yet is pretty much irrelevant - his brother just (like 3 or 4 days ago) announced he will not attend PSU, so the brothers would be not competing for the same lineup spot. And not every junior makes a decision by March, even though it may be a developing trend for the top guys.

And I see no way PSU can land both Beard and Hoffman. Take one or the other. Don't even know if all that is possible with Joe Lee, Teasdale, and Whitlake already on board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT