ADVERTISEMENT

coaches show w Cael tonight

dunkej01

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Cortez still banged up will not go this weekend. Was said he is traveling but not wrestling. Very elusive about the injury and length he would be out.

Rasheed will not wrestle this weekend. Has an infection but should be back after the break.

V-Raptor wrestling live and should be cleared after break.

Mark Hall and others going to Wilkes Open. Mark was not allowed into midlands. Midlands told him they were full. Cael eluded that was stupid on midlands part. Still trying to get into scuffle and cael thought he could get in, but that he would be only PSU guy going.

Reactions: diggerpup
Cortez still banged up will not go this weekend. Was said he is traveling but not wrestling. Very elusive about the injury and length he would be out.

Rasheed will not wrestle this weekend. Has an infection but should be back after the break.

V-Raptor wrestling live and should be cleared after break.

Mark Hall and others going to Wilkes Open. Mark was not allowed into midlands. Midlands told him they were full. Cael eluded that was stupid on midlands part. Still trying to get into scuffle and cael thought he could get in, but that he would be only PSU guy going.
V-Raptor? Cassar?

Reactions: Onceafish
At the show, as I'm typing this. Good listen...even after the fact. Lots of good info tonight!

Wow. Midlands run by morons.
Yeah, that's not a good look on their part. Also, I don't think Cael is the type to drop that kind of thing, unless he is good and torqued off. At the radio show, he could have just said, "Mark is not going to the Midlands." and leave it at that. For him to go into that detail seems telling.

The Andy elder interview was good too. That alone was worth the listen.

Totally agree w him about the role of the 2nd ref

I hope Wreck Hall is permitted to wrestle at the Scuffle.

That'll be fun.

I wonder if David Taylor will get bored at his in-laws over the holiday and register for The Midlands like he did last year.

Wrestlers always add / drop out last minute.

Taylor registered very late last year.

LMFAO @ Thread.

So, eventually gonna be a wrestle off at 197? Any guesses ?

Seriously hope that's because there are 400 Cael clones of different sizes in the brackets...see all of you this weekend in Reno!

Last edited:
Not letting Hall in? No idea what Cael's original beef with Midlands is/was, but you certainly have to admire the brain power behind the decision to antagonize him more so.

Peace and love...peace and love!
Don't know, McCutcheon is looking stronger, healthier and better and better.

If the beats Matt that will be a big deal.

Sorry, referenced wrong post. Meant to respond to post from pa wrestler living in Tennessee.

Reactions: RoarLions1
Don't know, McCutcheon is looking stronger, healthier and better and better.

If the beats Matt that will be a big deal.

Sorry, referenced wrong post. Meant to respond to post from pa wrestler living in Tennessee.
I wasn't actually picking a winner, just throwing a random nickname out to confuse Sauer even further.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I'm going with T-Rex.

fzk2802lvqxy6mjtmjwu_400x400.jpeg

Back to the show (but keep having fun y'all, nice to have a little community giggle...even if we're having a little playful abuse at the expense of one of our own!!).

Anyone catch Cael's comment on scheduling? The Binghamton match was held during the start of finals week...meaning;
extra study halls,
no travel,
approval for any competition by the Faculty Senate.

Doubt many fans understand all the hoops gone through to plan a season. I believe Cody, et al, do a masterful job...though they too were somewhat disappointed by our 16-17 home schedule and missing the Scuffle. Next year will be different, unless the B1G changes the model. Right now, Iowa, Minny, and Ohio State will be home duals, and if the B1G can give us a break and not schedule 2 conference duals the first weekend in January (2018), we will surely be back at the Scuffle.

Reactions: Maddog
Hopefully the Scuffle got the message. The competition is down this year. Enough of this New Year's nonsense. Just have it on the weekend. A Monday/Tuesday competition probably won't work again unless they hold off Big 10 duals until the 12th of Jan 2018.

Back to the show (but keep having fun y'all, nice to have a little community giggle...even if we're having a little playful abuse at the expense of one of our own!!).

Anyone catch Cael's comment on scheduling? The Binghamton match was held during the start of finals week...meaning;
extra study halls,
no travel,
approval for any competition by the Faculty Senate.

Doubt many fans understand all the hoops gone through to plan a season. I believe Cody, et al, do a masterful job...though they too were somewhat disappointed by our 16-17 home schedule and missing the Scuffle. Next year will be different, unless the B1G changes the model. Right now, Iowa, Minny, and Ohio State will be home duals, and if the B1G can give us a break and not schedule 2 conference duals the first weekend in January (2018), we will surely be back at the Scuffle.
Senor Roar... Why do we forgo wrestling at CKLV and Midlands? Those are quality tournaments. Vegas and Chicago are also much easier for travel than Chattanooga and Reno. Vegas could also provide for western exposure of the brand. What gives?

Same excuse they gave when Gopher redshirts tried to get in last season. They tried to get in early so it wasn't a last minute thing and one of the wrestlers is local to NU so it made sense. It later came out that they didn't want Midlands treated as a JV tourney with teams only sending backups and redshirts but no starters. I used to attend Midlands and along with friends and family was pretty disappointed.

Same excuse they gave when Gopher redshirts tried to get in last season. They tried to get in early so it wasn't a last minute thing and one of the wrestlers is local to NU so it made sense. It later came out that they didn't want Midlands treated as a JV tourney with teams only sending backups and redshirts but no starters. I used to attend Midlands and along with friends and family was pretty disappointed.
It would appear that Midlands is really upset about the existence of the Scuffle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT