ADVERTISEMENT

Bat Signal is up

Okay I’ll say it. I’m not gonna sugar coat this. Wtf? I wish the kid well but we are a top 10 program and should not be taking QBs that are the 712th ranked player in their class. We should be recruiting key positions a lot better than THIS. This is disappointing, and I think most of you will agree if you take off your blue and white sunglasses

Okay I’ll say it. You’re a moron.

Okay I’ll say it. I’m not gonna sugar coat this. Wtf? I wish the kid well but we are a top 10 program and should not be taking QBs that are the 712th ranked player in their class. We should be recruiting key positions a lot better than THIS. This is disappointing, and I think most of you will agree if you take off your blue and white sunglasses

Sounds like the whining that pitt fans come out with after Duzzy has to take a QB near signing day that he swept away from Robert Morris.

But the fact is that CJF and his staff have proven to be generally ahead of the curve in evaluating talent, offering players early that end up blowing up and getting offers from top programs. And this QB was among the first 8 QB's offered by CJF for 2020, 4 of whom are committed to other programs. And Bowens does have offers this early in the cycle from some good programs with similar offenses - Nebraska, Oregon... When CJF offered Fields he didn't have all the SEC offers he ended up with either.

You are off base with your "analysis".....

Like Grant Toutant, the 2020 OL verbal we offered before anyone else who now has a Ohio State offer and Notre Dame looks like they are about to offer. Where was Justin Fields ranked when we offered? I trust the staff.

See my above post. How many 5 star QBs pan or transfer each year. For every Trevor Lawrence there are at least five 5 star busts. Trust the coaching staffs not some fat guy like Mike Farrell

What was Trace D.Clark McGloin and Robinson rated. Now compare Hack Bolden Morelli. The defense rests.

Sounds like the whining that pitt fans come out with after Duzzy has to take a QB near signing day that he swept away from Robert Morris.

But the fact is that CJF and his staff have proven to be generally ahead of the curve in evaluating talent, offering players early that end up blowing up and getting offers from top programs. And this QB was among the first 8 QB's offered by CJF for 2020, 4 of whom are committed to other programs. And Bowens does have offers this early in the cycle from some good programs with similar offenses - Nebraska, Oregon... When CJF offered Fields he didn't have all the SEC offers he ended up with either.

Spin it how you want, this kid is the 712th rated kid in the class. Period

Reactions: TheGLOV

Go look where Justin Fields was very early in the process when we offered and he committed. Not saying this guy is going to explode all the way up to top 5 overall like Fields did, but there is a track record of this staff being able to ID players early in the process way before the "gurus" and even before other programs.

Also. An offers list of Oregon, Nebraska, WVU and AZ is not bad.

Go look where Justin Fields was very early in the process when we offered and he committed. Not saying this guy is going to explode all the way up to top 5 overall like Fields did, but there is a track record of this staff being able to ID players early in the process way before the "gurus" and even before other programs.

Also. An offers list of Oregon, Nebraska, WVU and AZ is not bad.
Keaton Ellis was an local unknown to the football geniuses that "rate" prospects when Franklin offered him. From all accounts he is a beast and got enough stars in the end to satisfy our star snob poster fans.

If Franklin likes him, thats good enough for me.

"University of Penn State" and "now let's get some money"?

Oh dear.

I’m more concerned about him not know the name of the university and the “let’s get some money “ comment than his national rank. Also looks like he has only visited PSU so far. We shall see but it doesn’t feel right. Hope I’m wrong. The good news is I usually am.

This.
EVEY QB CJF has taken early has risen.
And there aren’t enough footballs for all our QBs as it is. He’ll be a solid QB. And with the sea change in CFB, only question is where he’ll be a starter. I fear that will be the Q for most QBs recruited by top programs. Looks like a good pickup.

Damn, from Nevada you’d think his lucky number would be 711!

Want to place any bets that he’s still 712 when he signs his LOI?
Keaton Ellis was ranked around there when he started off. Roberson wasn't rated very high and went up. Who saw those kids and offered them both early....same guy who just got PSU's foot in the Bishop Gorman door. This troll is back with a new handle, but the act is still the same.

Don’t agree. You are an idiot.

Look at all the NFL QB's that come from small schools -- MAC conference teams, North Dakota St., Romo from Western Illinois, Kurt Warner from I beleive Northern Iowa. ON the other side, so many Power 5 QB's don't make it including from Bama, OSU and yes PSU. QB development is an art, not a science.

Reactions: Option Bob
Don't know why you are simply looking at the overall ranking as opposed to his position ranking. He is the 23rd highest rated dual purpose QB in the class. Huge difference !

Spin it how you want, this kid is the 712th rated kid in the class. Period

He won't be 712 in the FINAL rankings, after he attends the PSU camp this summer, and after a some additional P5 offers. Trace McSorely was 571, in the FINAL rankings.

Jason Cabinda was 853 in the FINAL rankings. Doesn't he play in the NFL right now?

Amani Oruwariye was 696 in the FINAL rankings. And is also heading to the NFL combine.....

Christian Campbell was NA in the FINAL rankings. Didn't he turn out OK?

Kevin Givens was 883 in the FINAL rankings. He's headed to the NFL....

And so on.... (Robert Windsor - NA, ....)

There is no spin. If CJF loves him. I love him! Especially when the player is one of CJF's top early offers.

No, the sky is NOT falling.

Chicken%20licken.jpg

This.
EVEY QB CJF has taken early has risen.
And there aren’t enough footballs for all our QBs as it is. He’ll be a solid QB. And with the sea change in CFB, only question is where he’ll be a starter. I fear that will be the Q for most QBs recruited by top programs. Looks like a good pickup.

Yep, you are preaching to the choir!

choir.jpg

Just a reminder, when Justin Fields committed to us, he was a 3 star, went on to become a 5 star and #1 QB in his class.

Wow, he's got running back skills to go with a strong arm -- Patrick Mahomes type athlete.

This is the kind of QB PSU and everbody else wants right now. See if Penn State can keep him because this is the kind of QB Alabama and Ohio State want too.

I’m more concerned about him not know the name of the university and the “let’s get some money “ comment than his national rank. Also looks like he has only visited PSU so far. We shall see but it doesn’t feel right. Hope I’m wrong. The good news is I usually am.

He's visited Notre Dame, Arizona, Oregon State, Oregon (twice), and Miami (twice).

Reactions: Cosmos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT