ADVERTISEMENT

Barkley needs to sit out next year.

Agreed. I feel terrible that he got stuck on such an awful f’n team with no o-line at all. It’s worse than Barry Sanders Lions offenses back then.

Giants totally suck. Sit out and stay healthy . Go free agent for his last few years.
They're on their 3rd QB who couldn't play anywhere. Giants looked good in one game--then he got hurt and Jones got hurt then Taylor got hurt then Jones got hurt again. It is what it is.

This Giants offense is putrid. Jones is hurt and he stunk before injuries mounted. None of the weapons they brought in have done anything. OL is bad. Like 2 man rush by Temple, still give up a sack bad.

Poor Barkley.

Sometimes being in the media capital of the world is not all it’s cracked up to be.

He could be running for 150 per game in Philly

Reactions: Bob2022
If the Eagles ever got him that would be incredible. Just imagine what he could do compared to his years with the Giants.

Reactions: ncgolfer
I sometimes watch Boomer and Gio on the CBS Sports Network from New York City. Usually on Mondays after the weekend games. Tomorrow will be a riot. Neither NY team is worth spit and the venom will be through the roof. Currently, Saquon is the Giants best player and they stiffed him on their contract negotiations with the franchise tag. He’ll likely be their best player next year as well and again stuck on the franchise tag. He’ll get roughly 10 million this season and 12 million next year. Unfortunately, he likely would not get much better elsewhere because most NFL teams no longer put such a high value on running backs. They usually have a short shelf life.

Reactions: JoeLion
I sometimes watch Boomer and Gio on the CBS Sports Network from New York City. Usually on Mondays after the weekend games. Tomorrow will be a riot. Neither NY team is worth spit and the venom will be through the roof. Currently, Saquon is the Giants best player and they stiffed him on their contract negotiations with the franchise tag. He’ll likely be their best player next year as well and again stuck on the franchise tag. He’ll get roughly 10 million this season and 12 million next year. Unfortunately, he likely would not get much better elsewhere because most NFL teams no longer put such a high value on running backs. They usually have a short shelf life.
Then he should retire a healthy man. Should have plenty of money.

Staying gains him nothing. He will get the hell beat out of him. No chance of any title. No playoffs. No records. Little recognition for his talent.

Tell the NFL to go to hell.

Reactions: Bob2022
Then he should retire a healthy man. Should have plenty of money.

Staying gains him nothing. He will get the hell beat out of him. No chance of any title. No playoffs. No records. Little recognition for his talent.

Tell the NFL to go to hell.
Staying probably gets him another $100 million between salary and endorsements. And you’re underestimating how quickly NFL teams can turn it around.

Reactions: dswartz
He should have asked for a trade before the deadline.

They aren't trading him. I believe he did request it, but I don't think he ever said "trade me or I won't sign". He's a RB who is worth more than he's being paid when healthy, but positional devaluation will keep teams from risking the money/picks offers to get him out of New York.

If the Eagles ever got him that would be incredible. Just imagine what he could do compared to his years with the Giants.
Only problem with the Eagles is that they have Swift, who is very good, and Saquan won't play for what the Eagles will offer.

I think Barkley is in a bad situation with the Giants but sitting out next year would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Why? He should be quite wealthy now and another $10-15 mill won’t be a major life changer. He won’t set any records, get to the playoffs, win a title, or any other important accomplishment. And he would risk serious injury that could last a lifetime.

Announcing his retirement could be seen as a fighting for a cause. That the free agent tag system is unfair and unjust, especially to running backs.

Personally, I would talk privately to the owner….trade me or I retire. Period. Get the H outta town.

Absolutely no reason for him to play in NYC next year. The money is a small issue for him.

Why? He should be quite wealthy now and another $10-15 mill won’t be a major life changer. He won’t set any records, get to the playoffs, win a title, or any other important accomplishment. And he would risk serious injury that could last a lifetime.

Announcing his retirement could be seen as a fighting for a cause. That the free agent tag system is unfair and unjust, especially to running backs.

Personally, I would talk privately to the owner….trade me or I retire. Period. Get the H outta town.

Absolutely no reason for him to play in NYC next year. The money is a small issue for him.
Then the owner can tell him to retire which he clearly doesn't want to do. No one cares if he retires over the tag. It won't change anything. Only hurts him. Money always matters but so does playing for most guys. He'll be in NY probably until he retires and there's no indication he's upset about that.

Then the owner can tell him to retire which he clearly doesn't want to do. No one cares if he retires over the tag. It won't change anything. Only hurts him. Money always matters but so does playing for most guys. He'll be in NY probably until he retires and there's no indication he's upset about that.
Great players are great competitors driven to be the best and win championships. Won’t happen in NYC. He needs to get out.

Great players are great competitors driven to be the best and win championships. Won’t happen in NYC. He needs to get out.
Or he wants to win in NY. Leaving to win doesn't make you a great competitor. It makes you impatient. Players who stay are always respected more than those who leave. Always

So give away all earnings for the rest of his career just because he wants a new team? Again, that’s approaching 9 figures.

Reactions: dswartz
Gronk was traded to the Bucs for a 4th rd pick
Do you just make up stuff? Why wouldn't everyone just retire and be a free agent to sign with any team they wanted
Thought he sat out a year and was free.

Fine, Barkley should sit out a year and demand to be traded. Giants will do so after a year. And he can use that year to be a workout fiend and be at leak performance.

Thought he sat out a year and was free.

Fine, Barkley should sit out a year and demand to be traded. Giants will do so after a year. And he can use that year to be a workout fiend and be at leak performance.
No they won't. Why would they?
You keep saying all these nonsensical things he should do when not once has he indicated at all that he even wants to leave NY

No they won't. Why would they?
You keep saying all these nonsensical things he should do when not once has he indicated at all that he even wants to leave NY
In case you haven’t figured this out…..I gave my option. Never said a single word as to his feelings, his plans, his actions.

Disagree with my opinion. Fine. Don’t care. Just as you don’t care about mine. It’s a sports chat room. It’s what people do.

In case you haven’t figured this out…..I gave my option. Never said a single word as to his feelings, his plans, his actions.

Disagree with my opinion. Fine. Don’t care. Just as you don’t care about mine. It’s a sports chat room. It’s what people do.
I just don't believe anyone thinks your scenario makes any sense

Agreed. I feel terrible that he got stuck on such an awful f’n team with no o-line at all. It’s worse than Barry Sanders Lions offenses back then.
Fully agree with you. Have you ever seen an o-line as consistently terrible as the Giants' o-line has been this year and the last few years? I don't think I have. They stink to high heaven.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT