ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championships Session 4 Thread

Jeff Byer said he has had discussions about Morelli. He is getting feedback that Morelli getting a spot at the NCAAs is not out of the question. His record may allow him to get a bid.

Not saying it is likely, only that it may still be possible. Huge for PSU if he can go to the NCAAs.

We will need to wait for the Wednesday announcements.

I believe just the finals are on BTN. The other matches on Big Ten Plus.

Reactions: T J
Not a single shot by NaTo but no stall call and a questionable stall call against Mega on clear "pushout" by NaTo (only supposed to be called stalling if Mega "fleas the mat" of his own power - pushing your opponent out is not supposed to trigger the new stall rule).

125 Championship
Nico vs. NaTo

Per 1:
OOB and stall warning on Nico at 2:40. Nothing thru 1. NaTo tried to spin around behind. OOB with 1:43. Blood time for NaTo. 1:30 left, nothing. 1 min left. Nico nearly with an ankle pick, nothing. 30 sec left. End

Per 2:
Blood time again for NaTo. Nico takes down. Out in 3 sec, 1-0. Nico shoots, NaTo counters, great scramble, nothing. Blood stoppage again for NaTo. Challenge on whether there was a missed TD, so they're going to video review. Call is confirmed. 1:22 left. Nico shoots, nothing. End

Per 3:
NaTo takes down. Caution on NaTo for false start. NaTo up and out in 3 sec, 1-1. 1 min left. NaTo reaches for a high crotch, nothing. OOB with 29 sec. End

SV
Nico shoots, nothing, and NaTo gets a TD on a counter right on the edge.

Nico takes 2nd.

Poor shot by Nico at the end. Man Nato is just patient and capitalizes on any little mistake made. Very similar to their first match.

I just don't think Nico can beat Tomasello...never got close to a shot. You can stalk all day long but if you don't take a shot it's irrelevant. Tomasello on the other hand almost had multiple TDs.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Pretty OK with that as Nico will now be the 3 seed and Dance the 2 seed, which I think is Nico's best path to the finals. Maybe Gilman knocks off NATO also, as I think NATO is Nico's worst matchup, followed by Gilman. Nico can take Dance down and ride him, I like him in the rematch.

Poor shot by Nico at the end. Man Nato is just patient and capitalizes on any little mistake made. Very similar to their first match.
Watch the replay..... Thomasello grabbed Nico's si glet by the balls and drug him back in. Loss by technical violation. Trust me. LOOK AT IT

Reactions: burnsie1983
Watch the replay..... Thomasello grabbed Nico's si glet by the balls and drug him back in. Loss by technical violation. Trust me. LOOK AT IT
Thomasello got some nut grabbing going on

Weren't both Nico and Tomasello technically off the mad during that takedown attempt? I'm not suggesting that it shouldn't have been counted as a takedown, but I'm trying to understand what the rule is and how it is interpreted...
Thanks in advance.

Thats what I saw but the big 10 will never call vs osu

Agree. Much better match from JC than last time. Really close and really exciting. A lot of good exchanges.

125 Championship
Nico vs. NaTo

Per 1:
OOB and stall warning on Nico at 2:40. Nothing thru 1. NaTo tried to spin around behind. OOB with 1:43. Blood time for NaTo. 1:30 left, nothing. 1 min left. Nico nearly with an ankle pick, nothing. 30 sec left. End

Per 2:
Blood time again for NaTo. Nico takes down. Out in 3 sec, 1-0. Nico shoots, NaTo counters, great scramble, nothing. Blood stoppage again for NaTo. Challenge on whether there was a missed TD, so they're going to video review. Call is confirmed. 1:22 left. Nico shoots, nothing. End

Per 3:
NaTo takes down. Caution on NaTo for false start. NaTo up and out in 3 sec, 1-1. 1 min left. NaTo reaches for a high crotch, nothing. OOB with 29 sec. End

SV

Nico takes 2nd.

I hate the OSU Lollipop kid

Not a single shot by NaTo but no stall call and a questionable stall call against Meg
125 Championship
Nico vs. NaTo

Per 1:

Per 2:

Per 3:

SV

Nico takes 2nd.

Thought Mega got a bit over-powered there a little bit. Neither wrestler could dent each other's defense (Mega came close with an ankle pick, but couldn't get deep enough). NaTo's better power and strength ultimately wore on Mega imho and cost him at the end wearing him down a little bit (not a lot), but also causing him to get out of position several times.

141 B1G Championship
Jimmy Gulibon vs. Anthony Ashnault

Per 1:
OOB with 2:01 left. 1 min left. Neither guy close to a TD so far. Stalemate at 44 sec. End

Per 2:
Ashnault defers, and Jimmy takes down. Up to his feet quickly, but taken back down. Works up again, turns in but gets taken back down again. Ashnault throws in the boots, tilts Jimmy, and gets 4 NF. RT over 1 min. OOB with 45 sec. Caution on Ashnault. Jimmy working up, nearly out, but then gets turned and 3 NF awarded. 0-6. End. RT at 2:00

Per 3:
Ashnault takes neutral. Going to be tough for Jimmy here. Stoppage for locked fingers at 1:14. 1 min left. Jimmy in on a leg, AA sprawls, nothing. 30 sec left. AA in on a leg, and gets a TD, 0-8. With RT, it's a 0-9 victory for AA

Jimmy finishes 2nd

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT