ADVERTISEMENT

As long as Franklin is coach, this program will wallow in mediocrity!!!!

The team is probably going to wallow in mediocrity just because of where they are located and their ability to have players profit of the NIL. Last time PSU was really relevant was 1994.

These running backs are the worst in school history. But to not give Ford a chance? Has more burst than all the others. Lovett can't catch or block. Lee is in slow motion. Give him a shot.

Way to go, James. Throw another go route for 20 yards on 4th and 2, to a WR that has 2 catches all year. WTF were you thinking????
That’s right Franklin is the OC, DC and leads the band at halftime. He also is why dinosaurs are extinct too I guess. To refresh you haters memories, Yurcich is the “genius” OC who made that play call. I thought it was a stupid call too but let’s put the blame where it belongs. The game epitomizes why this team keeps losing close games. Stoudt misses FGs when they truly count and Pry’s defense plays well for 59 minutes but gives up the big play after the offense gets the lead and the game is on the line (a 40 some yard TD to a TE on a simple crossing pattern 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage— are you freaking kidding me?).

That’s right Franklin is the OC, DC and leads the band at halftime. He also is why dinosaurs are extinct too I guess. To refresh you haters memories, Yurcich is the “genius” OC who made that play call. I thought it was a stupid call too but let’s put the blame where it belongs. The game epitomizes why this team keeps losing close games. Stoudt misses FGs when they truly count and Pry’s defense plays well for 59 minutes but gives up the big play after the offense gets the lead and the game is on the line (a 40 some yard TD to a TE on a simple crossing pattern 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage— are you freaking kidding me?).
Who is ultimately responding for the staff and their shit decisions? Let's keep blaming the OC's and just let franklin fire and hire another one.... AT what point does Franklin be held responsible? I have been a Huge Franklin guy since day one.... But it is insanely obvious he is not a good coach...

He hired these people. He has the earphones on. He can call any play he wants.

it is stupid to put the blame on anyone other than the $6.5 million dollar man.

He is responsible for the OC; he fired one and hired him. The buck stops with him.

Worst game manager in the country
If I was an opposing coach, coaching against him wouldn't cause me much worry or sleepless nights. To the contrary, if I was an opposing coach, it was just as likely I would very much like to be in his situation, with his players, the stadium and fanbase, and even the facilities. I'll stop from making a statement combining the words or phrases of a door, your back side, or applications being accepted, but I'm getting darn close.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
The head coach has ultimate veto power on play calls, offensive and defensive.

It’s fourth down. Game on the line. Not gonna get the ball again. Your best player just got dinged and had to leave the game. Gotta call a timeout there and get your crap together. Make sure you have a call you feel good about. At least that is what most coaches would do that are good at game management.

It’s fourth down. Game on the line. Not gonna get the ball again. Your best player just got dinged and had to leave the game. Gotta call a timeout there and get your crap together. Make sure you have a call you feel good about. At least that is what most coaches would do that are good at game management.
And that would have given you the opportunity to get your best player back on the field.

The team is probably going to wallow in mediocrity just because of where they are located and their ability to have players profit of the NIL. Last time PSU was really relevant was 1994.
"Where they are located"?? Would you prefer Watts??

• Love
Reactions: Cosmos
The head coach has ultimate veto power on play calls, offensive and defensive.
Wow nothing gets past you huh? Too bad Franklin wasn’t on the field on that 47 yard TD pass to a TE on a simple crossing pattern thrown 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Maybe he could have kicked that critical FG Stout again missed. Criticism of Franklin for the Illinois debacle is fair, but his coaching didn’t have a damned thing to do with today’s loss. At some point players have to make plays.

The buyout is huge and the AD is about to retire, so there is almost no chance PSU will do anything. The only way he's leaving is by getting a better job on his own, and that doesn't look too likely right now.
Yeah, the program is in limbo now. You have a new Prez in June(?), and an AD who appears to be leaving soon too. They’ll likely wait to make any big changes until the new people are in place so it’s at least 1 more year for Franklin (unless he decides to leave on his own).

I'm surprised he didn't run a fake field goal on that last play...I guess throwing to one of your least used offensive players might have been the next best 'surprise'.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and Cosmos
Franklin doesn't like timeouts. Don't forget the end of the first half last week against Maryland.

• Love
Reactions: N&B4PSU and Cosmos
Wow nothing gets past you huh? Too bad Franklin wasn’t on the field on that 47 yard TD pass to a TE on a simple crossing pattern thrown 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Maybe he could have kicked that critical FG Stout again missed. Criticism of Franklin for the Illinois debacle is fair, but his coaching didn’t have a damned thing to do with today’s loss. At some point players have to make plays.

Prep the players and they'll make plays. For starters teach the OL how to run block. Golly gee, I learned to run block in Jr. High.

Reactions: psu00

Pardon the sequence. I'm working this thread backwards.

Explain then the lack of a backup QB in this day and age of player free agency. Explain then the Illinois loss. Explain then the lack of using timeouts before halftime last week. Explain then the inability to run block for how many years running. I sense a pattern here. Now who's zooming whom.

Reactions: psu00 and db90
For today’s modern game this offense is simply not putting up enough points to win games . Yurcich and the offense has to be a disappointment.

Reactions: med2659
"Where they are located"?? Would you prefer Watts??
The NIL excuse is BS. PSU has as many supporters of the program as anyone in the country. Maybe the question is , Why are the business oriented supporters will to step up and get involved in NIL SPONSORSHIP. Maybe they are already doing it and don’t want the publicity do to PSU image reasons. I find it hard to believe some PSU players don’t have NIL deals.

the whole NIL thing will be irrelevant in five years max. Companies are going to see that it doesn't make any money for them, and that it is impossible to predict which underclassmen will pan out. It is going to turn into guys getting a thousand dollars here and there to promote local restaurant and bar events
But to super crazy boosters they don’t really care if it makes money for them. They just want the team to be successful and feel a part of the success by helping some kids put some $ in their pockets for coming and playing for their favorite University. The old $100 handshake only totally legal now under NIL.

EPSN crawl tonight: "9th straight loss to an AP Top 10 team under Franklin."

Not exactly a resume builder, now is it. And should he have a subpar season next year and Sandy not fire him then we know who to fire first! For real. Sandy hedged her bet. She is losing. I know what would happen in private industry. She'd get fired. Say Sandy was procurement manager for a major airlines and bet wrong on where fuel prices were heading. She'd be gone. It's no different here nor should it be. Lest you want to become another Rutgers.

Reactions: manilion
Welcome to a team that trends towards 6-5 from now on.

The thrill of being a powerhouse program is gone.

This program is lacking in so many places- coaching, fundamentals, time management, and most importantly, leadership. Players don’t face enough of a difference whether they block poorly or miss the same throw, or arm tackle and miss. This is a sickening, pretty much unwatchable, display of second or third tier football.

It simply has to change and significantly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT