ADVERTISEMENT

Article on Cael's Hiring

I've told this story before but shortly after Cael was hired we had Jan Bortner from PSU 's athletic department as a guest speaker at the Wmspt Area Nittany Lion booster club. He said they brought Cael in at 2 am to tour Rec Hall, Lorenzo and the BJC. It was all hush hush so as to not tip off ISU. Pretty cool story at the time but now part of the history of wrestling being invented at PSU.

Yep deja vu click on the article and you have to pay
I have an iphone and can sometimes bypass the paywall by pressing down on the hyperlink, a menu of choices will appear. Press on “download hyperlink” and the check your downloads. You can read the article. It does not work all of the time for every story, but it does enough to keep trying.

It works for this article.

Big Takeaways from Cael's hiring:
1. Cael reached out to PSU, it was one of those "too good to be true" moments, a lot of people thought he was just using PSU for leverage
2. Cael didn't want money, he wanted the gold mine of the East Coast
3. He really wanted to win at ISU but didn't believe he could
4. Rob Koll basically had his bags packed for State College
5. Brands warned Iowa fans right (probably at some HWC party celebrating 2009 title) before the hiring that this would be a problem
6. Main thing Cael changed at first from Sunderland is doing the right things off the mat (he inherited so many good wrestlers including Molinaro, Wright, Ruth, Vallimont, etc ... he had Bubba but he never adapted)
7. Cael is a goofball, always has been, always will be.

I have an iphone and can sometimes bypass the paywall by pressing down on the hyperlink, a menu of choices will appear. Press on “download hyperlink” and the check your downloads. You can read the article. It does not work all of the time for every story, but it does enough to keep trying.

Good call. It works.

Thanks Diego.

Works on my Android phone too.

Thanks for the tip, wouldn't have thought to try otherwise.

I have an Android-based system and it worked on my phone as well. Thanks.

Thanks Badman! Your tactic worked on my 10 yo iPad. Feel like a real geek now.
Cool inside detail on Cael’s hiring.

Post of the year!
you-are-magic-special.gif

I am glad to have returned the favor to many of you. I learn a lot on this site. As opposed to the football site, most of the conversations do not devolve into politics and become counterproductive.

I use Chrome on a Windows 11 PC and I was able to do something similar to what some are doing on an Android phone. I right clicked on the link to the article in the post above and then selected "Save link as..." which then downloaded it to my PC as a file named "download.htm". I navigated to the folder where I saved download.htm and opened it from my PC in Chrome and was able to read it without restrictions.

Reactions: nittinsc
I am glad to have returned the favor to many of you. I learn a lot on this site. As opposed to the football site, most of the conversations do not devolve into politics and become counterproductive.
Funny thing , we have a test board for calling people morons. Too bad the football board doesn't stay with football.

Reactions: Diego Badman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT