ADVERTISEMENT

anyone know the actual rule on traveling?

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
watching these games so many players look like they could be playing RB on their FB team. I thought it was one pivot foot only and 1.5 steps after dribble stops. no ball carries on body. no hops off 2 feet, etc

anyone know the actual rules?

Reactions: step.eng69
Everything has changed to make the game easier to play, especially ballhandling. Now it is pivot feet. They also changed the rebounding spacing for free throws, moving the inside line further away from the basket so that blocking out is now a formality. Much more but ... Headaches. I get headaches.

watching these games so many players look like they could be playing RB on their FB team. I thought it was one pivot foot only and 1.5 steps after dribble stops. no ball carries on body. no hops off 2 feet, etc

Rule is that if the team you bet on needs a call, you call some oddball walk or palming when needed. It has become a farce, a TOTAL FARCE for the game.

There are rules against traveling? Who knew!!!

In the NBA, you're allowed to start your drive to the basket at mid-court without having to dribble

In the Big Ten, it's not a foul when you get hit and fall--you are traveling.... (and this has been the case long before PSU joined the conference).

What is this traveling of which you speak?
ZFyURa.gif

Rules? All you need to remember is that basketball is not a contact sport.

No liquids, gels or aerosols over 4 oz. Your carryon bag must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you, but unless you have airline status your chances of getting on the plane early enough to get overhead space are somewhere between zero and fugghetaboutit.
Oh, and you can't even go to Canada anymore without any passport.

I believe there is also a rule regarding "intentional fouls". At the end of most games, there are non-stop "intentional fouls". I have never seen it called. We have rules ... and then we have the game ....

Drive right, pass left.

I believe there is also a rule regarding "intentional fouls". At the end of most games, there are non-stop "intentional fouls". I have never seen it called. We have rules ... and then we have the game ....

Unless it's an offensive intentional foul when you are leading Indiana late....

Traveling is never allowed to be called against a Duke player. It would be against the rules.

Coach K would just curl up in the fetal position again until he get's his way.

Now 'flopping' on the other hand, is encouraged by all Duke players.

They are masters of their craft!

:):):p:p:D:D:p:p:):)

Everything has changed to make the game easier to play, especially ballhandling. Now it is pivot feet. They also changed the rebounding spacing for free throws, moving the inside line further away from the basket so that blocking out is now a formality. Much more but ...[/QUOTE

I wish they'd call traveling.....but I REALLY wish they'd call

He covered more of the floor than some of the Dancing With The Stars performers!

Reactions: TheGLOV
You need to stfu when it comes to refs. UNC and Duke enjoy the same favorable bias, not to mention that they typically get to spend the first two rounds of the tourney, almost every year, in the sweet confines of Charlotte, Raleigh and Greensboro. And do not get me started on the bullshit traveling call on Villanova that sent UNC forward in 2005. When it comes to refs, UNC people need to stfu. You get the calls. You know the favorable calls that go to OSU and UM in football, the ones you complain about? They are UNC and Duke in basketball.

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
Ask Bushwood. He's pretty good at figuring that type of thing out.
Too bad he's gone. I wonder if he'll ever come back under a new handle. Some guy with the handle Franklin_Restores_TheTradition has been posting a lot on the Wrestling Forum lately. He sounds more than just a little like Bushwood CC. Here is an example of him ripping off the legend - all in the same thread. It's outrageous.

Pretty laughable considering that PSU has finalists in half of the finals, leads the team race by over 30 points, etc... ESPN are such @ssholes about PSU, they've done everything they can to low-ball how badly PSU and Pennsylvania wrestlers are dominating this Tournament and tonight's session. ESPN is run by lowlife douchebag's -many of them jealous dicks from SorryExcuse and other "little brother" former Eastern Independent Majors in the Northeast. Didn't show a single PSU finalist in their closing shots despite PSU having 5 finalists??????

"Not talking about the wrestlers, I'm talking about ESPN's intentional bull$hit coverage to miscast how badly PSU and Pennsylvania wrestlers are dominating this tournament. ESPN's coverage is so slanted and tilted, you would never know that PSU is blowing away every other team by a huge margin or that PSU has far-and-away accumulated the most "bonus points" and clearly been the most offensive-minded and "dominating" team in a wrestling sense.....or that PSU wrestlers dominate the finals - half our freaking team is wrestling in the finals! We have a 6th All American still alive for the Consi Final !!! ESPN showed practically every other finalist in their closing shots except for a single PSU finalist -- showed ZERO PSU wrestlers in their closing shots despite half of PSU's team being in the finals?!?! But you have Bozo Baldwin (he's from Long Island and went to Cornell) telling us about how great NY Wrestling is Dake, Gwiz, Cornell.....blah, blah, blah never mind the fact that PSU is going to have won 5 of the last 6 Titles.....Pennsy has twice the number of wrestlers (and ultimately All-Americans) in the Championships then the next closest State.....half of PSU's team is wrestling in the finals 4 of PSU's 6 All-Americans are from Pennsylvania....but no New York wrestling clearly dominates the world....blah, blah, blah"

ESPN is filled with jealous, petty jock-sniffing pussies, pricks and douche bags who intentionally have given PSU and Pennsylvania zero credit or coverage, let alone the overwhelming majority of the coverage they deserve for absolutely DOMINATING not only this tournament, but the entire wrestling scene for quite some time. ESPN doesn't "like it" so they do everything they can to slant reality the best they can..... Their coverage of how this Tournament has gone through 4 Sessions has been so patently intentional to give PSU as little headline time as possible, it isn't even funny. In this morning's coverage, the 197 lb televised coverage on ESPNU was the only weight where they showed the #4 Seed Burak's match instead of the #1 Seeds Match (MacIntosh). Again, THE ONLY WEIGHT CLASS they didn't show the #1 Seed as the "feature match" at the weight (the only one they televised on ESPNU) - instead they showed the #4 Seed.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Too bad he's gone. I wonder if he'll ever come back under a new handle. Some guy with the handle Franklin_Restores_TheTradition has been posting a lot on the Wrestling Forum lately. He sounds more than just a little like Bushwood CC. Here is an example of him ripping off the legend - all in the same thread. It's outrageous.

Pretty laughable considering that PSU has finalists in half of the finals, leads the team race by over 30 points, etc... ESPN are such @ssholes about PSU, they've done everything they can to low-ball how badly PSU and Pennsylvania wrestlers are dominating this Tournament and tonight's session. ESPN is run by lowlife douchebag's -many of them jealous dicks from SorryExcuse and other "little brother" former Eastern Independent Majors in the Northeast. Didn't show a single PSU finalist in their closing shots despite PSU having 5 finalists??????

"Not talking about the wrestlers, I'm talking about ESPN's intentional bull$hit coverage to miscast how badly PSU and Pennsylvania wrestlers are dominating this tournament. ESPN's coverage is so slanted and tilted, you would never know that PSU is blowing away every other team by a huge margin or that PSU has far-and-away accumulated the most "bonus points" and clearly been the most offensive-minded and "dominating" team in a wrestling sense.....or that PSU wrestlers dominate the finals - half our freaking team is wrestling in the finals! We have a 6th All American still alive for the Consi Final !!! ESPN showed practically every other finalist in their closing shots except for a single PSU finalist -- showed ZERO PSU wrestlers in their closing shots despite half of PSU's team being in the finals?!?! But you have Bozo Baldwin (he's from Long Island and went to Cornell) telling us about how great NY Wrestling is Dake, Gwiz, Cornell.....blah, blah, blah never mind the fact that PSU is going to have won 5 of the last 6 Titles.....Pennsy has twice the number of wrestlers (and ultimately All-Americans) in the Championships then the next closest State.....half of PSU's team is wrestling in the finals 4 of PSU's 6 All-Americans are from Pennsylvania....but no New York wrestling clearly dominates the world....blah, blah, blah"

ESPN is filled with jealous, petty jock-sniffing pussies, pricks and douche bags who intentionally have given PSU and Pennsylvania zero credit or coverage, let alone the overwhelming majority of the coverage they deserve for absolutely DOMINATING not only this tournament, but the entire wrestling scene for quite some time. ESPN doesn't "like it" so they do everything they can to slant reality the best they can..... Their coverage of how this Tournament has gone through 4 Sessions has been so patently intentional to give PSU as little headline time as possible, it isn't even funny. In this morning's coverage, the 197 lb televised coverage on ESPNU was the only weight where they showed the #4 Seed Burak's match instead of the #1 Seeds Match (MacIntosh). Again, THE ONLY WEIGHT CLASS they didn't show the #1 Seed as the "feature match" at the weight (the only one they televised on ESPNU) - instead they showed the #4 Seed.

Wow, you are right.

But, the guy you're quoting is new to the forum. He even made an introductory post saying how he loved Franklin.

He does seem to hate BOB though.

Maybe this Franklin_Restores fellow knows Bushwood or something.

Wow, you are right.

But, the guy you're quoting is new to the forum. He even made an introductory post saying how he loved Franklin.

He does seem to hate BOB though.

Maybe this Franklin_Restores fellow knows Bushwood or something.
If I remember correctly, he had an auspicious debut. Quite a few likes for a new poster. Fearless too.

You need to stfu when it comes to refs. UNC and Duke enjoy the same favorable bias, not to mention that they typically get to spend the first two rounds of the tourney, almost every year, in the sweet confines of Charlotte, Raleigh and Greensboro. And do not get me started on the bullshit traveling call on Villanova that sent UNC forward in 2005. When it comes to refs, UNC people need to stfu. You get the calls. You know the favorable calls that go to OSU and UM in football, the ones you complain about? They are UNC and Duke in basketball.

Did I strike a nerve on a junior putz?

How's this: Blow it out your ass man!

No you need to STFU NOW. Douche'-bag!

Corruption has ruined basketball and it is ruining football. Corruption has ruined Olympic figure-skating. What do they have in common? -- human judgement and corrupt individuals allowed to serve as officials. The rules in basketball and football are now almost impossible to recognize.

I watch professional golf. It's one of the few sports that has little to no human subjectivity involved. Golf officials are almost exclusively involved in helping to execute the rules rather than interpreting the rules. In most other sports, particularly basketball and football, the rules have undergone a gradual mutation such that each is not the same game anymore, and each can easily be manipulated by officiating calls to force an outcome (winner). These are sports hardly worth getting excited about anymore.

Wish I could get excited about bowling.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT