ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else smell a rat with this whole Cade McNamara demotion?

Michigan apologists are correct in pointing to the performance this year against cupcakes. Will that bear out against real teams? Who knows?

But the way this was done was absolutely disgusting and appears to be dishonest. Harbaugh appears to have intentionally harmed one of Michigan's captains and hurt the kid's NFL opportunity by not being honest with him.

Every player on that team and recruit can see it. I doubt it is something they'll just dismiss. You don't elect a guy captain one week and then turn your back on him when he is clearly screwed over a couple of weeks later. This is like telling everyone who ever thought of wearing a Michigan uniform that you are expendable even if you are a captain, they don't really care about you as a person.

We'll have to wait and see if that divides the lockeroom or turns off recruits, but it is a terrible way to treat people. In the end, it's hard to support not being upfront with people.

LMFAO, you're quite the apologist and excuse-maker.... Yea, the entire crowd audibly being heard to boo McNamara (which apparently he deserved because he had the nerve to publicly state that he was not pleased with being misled, and gamed, by Harbaugh to his own personal detriment) was just a couple jerks... lol. Yea, and it was clearly directed at the coaching staff, not McNamara - that's why the crowd only started booing after McNamara's first series in the game after the starter, McCarthy, was pulled in a complete blowout (the score was 42-0 after first half and McNamara was inserted first series of 2nd half and the crowd immediately started booing him)... but yea, it was just a couple jerks booing the coaching staff.... yeah, that's it - that's the ticket!!!

"That's the ticket!"? Your mic drop is a tired, 35 year old, Saturday Night Live catch phrase?

Cade was given EVERY opportunity to hold onto his starting position. He got beat out. It was as simple as that. You simpleton.

I can sense that you are the type of compulsive who thinks getting the last word in a thread means you "won". No matter how crazy your argument.

Looking forward to playing you this year.

Last edited:
Michigan apologists are correct in pointing to the performance this year against cupcakes. Will that bear out against real teams? Who knows?

But the way this was done was absolutely disgusting and appears to be dishonest. Harbaugh appears to have intentionally harmed one of Michigan's captains and hurt the kid's NFL opportunity by not being honest with him.

Every player on that team and recruit can see it. I doubt it is something they'll just dismiss. You don't elect a guy captain one week and then turn your back on him when he is clearly screwed over a couple of weeks later. This is like telling everyone who ever thought of wearing a Michigan uniform that you are expendable even if you are a captain, they don't really care about you as a person.

We'll have to wait and see if that divides the lockeroom or turns off recruits, but it is a terrible way to treat people. In the end, it's hard to support not being upfront with people.

lol, McNamara is not playing in the NFL. You really haven't watched Michigan this year, have you?

"That's the ticket!"? Your mic drop is a tired, 35 year old, Saturday Night Live catch phrase?

I can sense that you are the type of compulsive who thinks getting the last word in a thread means you "won". No matter how crazy your argument.

Looking forward to playing you this year.

Yea, that's it.... that's the ticket! LMAO. Yea, I'm the one making crazy arguments, excuses and rationalizations in defense of Har-douche.... hilarious.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
The booing was bad, but when you have over 100K, there are bound to be a few jerks. And those booing would probably claim they were booing the coaches.

Michigan may lose a game or two due to McCarthy miscues, but it won't lead to any QB controversy. Most of the fans (2/3rds?) wanted JJ before this year started. After watching Cade for two games, what was once a controversy is now a landslide in favor of JJ.

Yes, we won't face a real defense until we go to Iowa in half a month. We will just have to see if the offense is ready.

Fortunately for you guys, you won't face a real offense at Iowa. 10 points may be all you need to win that game.

You're a lot more clued in when it comes to Michigan than I, but the fact is that Cade QB'd the team to a win against Ohio State, a conference championship, and a playoff berth last year.

Michigan came into this year with a top-10 ranking and realistic hopes of repeating last year's performance. If that goes off track with JJ leading the offense, there will be a controversy...and it likely won't wait until the end of the season.

But hey, this is what coaches get the big bucks for.

Fortunately for you guys, you won't face a real offense at Iowa. 10 points may be all you need to win that game.

You're a lot more clued in when it comes to Michigan than I, but the fact is that Cade QB'd the team to a win against Ohio State, a conference championship, and a playoff berth last year.

Michigan came into this year with a top-10 ranking and realistic hopes of repeating last year's performance. If that goes off track with JJ leading the offense, there will be a controversy...and it likely won't wait until the end of the season.

But hey, this is what coaches get the big bucks for.

A coach's top priority has to be The Team. I agree it sucks to get beat out after being a starter for an entire year. If later this season Franklin thinks Allar gives your team the better chance to win, then Allar will play over Clifford.

Most of the team doesn't get to start, and sports should be a meritocracy.

A coach's top priority has to be The Team. I agree it sucks to get beat out after being a starter for an entire year. If later this season Franklin thinks Allar gives your team the better chance to win, then Allar will play over Clifford.

Most of the team doesn't get to start, and sports should be a meritocracy.

First of all, McNamara was a starter for more than just last year - he made his first start in late 2021 and started every game since through this year's Season Opener.

Secondly, nobody said that Harbaugh shouldn't make JJ the starter if he believes that is his best QB - you're tilting at windmills with your continued bloviating on this topic. What myself, and others, have been critical of is the way he made McCarthy the starter - i.e., by being dishonest, misleading, disgraceful and harmful to McNamara in the way he notified him that he was actually QB2, not QB1, coming into the season when McCarthy was healthy again.

First of all, McNamara was a starter for more than just last year - he made his first start in late 2021 and started every game since through this year's Season Opener.

Secondly, nobody said that Harbaugh shouldn't make JJ the starter if he believes that is his best QB - you're tilting at windmills with your continued bloviating on this topic. What myself, and others, have been critical of is the way he made McCarthy the starter - i.e., by being dishonest, misleading, disgraceful and harmful to McNamara in the way he notified him that he was actually QB2, not QB1, coming into the season when McCarthy was healthy again.
Agreed. Better players should play even if younger but don't string a guy along and waste a year of his eligibility if he isn't your guy anymore. Be upfront and honest. If he wants to transfer, let him do it without burning a year for him.

It also sends the wrong message to the whole program. You might be their guy for now but they'll screw you in a heartbeat to keep a good backup plan. Seriously, how do you trust someone who did that to a team captain?

Agreed. Better players should play even if younger but don't string a guy along and waste a year of his eligibility if he isn't your guy anymore. Be upfront and honest. If he wants to transfer, let him do it without burning a year for him.

It also sends the wrong message to the whole program. You might be their guy for now but they'll screw you in a heartbeat to keep a good backup plan. Seriously, how do you trust someone who did that to a team captain?

Yeah, no kidding! How about the self-serving charade he announced on Aug 27 in the Season Opener PC to take heat off himself and fabricate justification for a decision he clearly made long before Aug 27th (i.e., using McNamara as an insurance policy that McCarthy was healthy going into 2022 Season and stays healthy). McNamara should not have found out that he was being played when he was told he was QB1 and a Team Captain, but was actually QB2, via the PC for the Season Opener (i.e., the way the general public found out). It is patently absurd for Harbaugh to tell McNamara he is QB1 going into 2022 Season and during preparations for the season, and then out of nowhere tell him he is being benched before the first game is even played! The notion that Harbaugh only made these decisions on Aug 27th and that is why he was telling McNamara something completely different than that coming out of Spring Practice and during 2022 Season Preparations is just not even remotely believable.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Westcoast24
The way this has played out sure looks like Harbaugh has screwed this kid over by not being straight with him prior to the season - and screwed him over out of blatant self-interest.

There's no way Harbaugh came into the season with McNamara #1 and then just suddenly out of nowhere, just decided to make McCarthy #1 after annihilating Colorado State in week 1. This reeks of Harbaugh not being straight with McNamara such to keep him from transferring (if Harbaugh had told McNamara that he was #2 coming out of Spring Practice, McNamara almost certainly would have transferred). Given the way things work these days, Harbaugh has really screwed this kid over by lying to him and not being straight with him. Pretty clear imho, that Harbaugh did not want to lose McNamara as you can never have enough experienced depth at QB - knew he would transfer if he demoted him prior to the season, so declared him the starter knowing full well that he was going to make the switch after one-half of play in a season opening blowout win.

It really is disgraceful how Harbaugh has treated, lied to and misled this kid. Then when the kid complained about it to the press, Harbaugh has cutoff the press's access to McNamara (i.e., muted him). It really is disgraceful that none of b1g slime media has called Harbaugh out on this disgraceful behavior.
You’re trying way to hard with this one bushwood. Way to hard. Other than that it’s been great to read your stuff now that football has started.

McCarthy was named the starter for the Hawaii game - McNamara was not replaced after 2 games, he was replaced after the first game (Colorado State) and he didn't struggle - McNamara started and only played the first half I believe in a complete blowout (scUM beat CSU 51-7). Then out of nowhere, Harbaugh announced that McCarthy would start against Hawaii in his game-week Press Conference which completely surprised McNamara.
It was announced before the first game was played that Cade was starting week one and JJ was starting week two.

It really is comical to hear the scUM fans rationalize Harbaugh's behavior - yeah, he just woke up Aug 27th and decided he was going to have this QB Competition charade in scUM's first two games (against two of the absolute worst teams in D1A where he would learn absolutely nothing in blowouts) - that's why Jimmy never bothered to tell McNamara he really wasn't QB1 (the place he was on the Depth Chart at the end of both the 2020 and 2021 Seasons) and let him find out about it the same way the general public did??? Anyone who can't see that Harbaugh had made up his mind that he was playing McCarthy as the starter this year and was stringing McNamara along as an insurance policy is deep in delusion.

Last edited:
  • Love
How was it not smart or strategic? You can claim something is inappropriate or wrong while acknowledging the strategy in it. Harbaugh and Michigan are better with both QBs on the roster. It's not even debatable.

You also can't prove he lied to them. Which QB played better in their first two games? Or did you not watch and have no clue?
The point is he comes off as a weasel. Do you want to be considered a weasel who does things smart and strategic?

• Love
The point is he comes off as a weasel. Do you want to be considered a weasel who does things smart and strategic?

Yes, the Karens of the world might think he is a weasel. But you can't live your life worrying about Karens.

giphy.gif

but he could probably go to 10 different programs and start next year if that's how things break.

Kentucky is salivating at this prospective turn of events. CM could replace WL without a hitch in their offense.

Kentucky is salivating at this prospective turn of events. CM could replace WL without a hitch in their offense.

Agreed, and in addition to that, he could probably start next year at, like, 3 or 4 Big-10 West schools.

Didn't think much of McNamara, they did not win because of him, they won because of their fantastic D and their running game, but everything had to break right for them to make the playoffs and it did....Doubt it happens twice in a row. Making the move to JJ is UM's only hope. However, before JH was willing to commit to it, he needed to make sure that JJ improved over the off season.
Not a doubt in my mind that this is exactly how JH planned it to play out.

Agreed, and in addition to that, he could probably start next year at, like, 3 or 4 Big-10 West schools.

Iowa probably. (I might be able to start at Iowa.) Wisconsin... maybe.

Cade has not played well so far this season.

Cade has not played well this season..... Good grief you're such an idiot - McNamara stopped taking snaps in the Colorado State Game when scUM was leading 30-0 (did not take a snap in 2nd Half) and didn't enter the Hawaii game until the 2nd Half and scUM was already leading 42-0. CSU and Hawaii are two of the absolute worst teams in D1A - it's laughable to claim that these blowout wins created this great evaluation for Har-douche, just utterly laughable tripe.

Didn't think much of McNamara, they did not win because of him, they won because of their fantastic D and their running game, but everything had to break right for them to make the playoffs and it did....Doubt it happens twice in a row. Making the move to JJ is UM's only hope. However, before JH was willing to commit to it, he needed to make sure that JJ improved over the off season.
Not a doubt in my mind that this is exactly how JH planned it to play out.

McCarthy didn't participate in Spring Practice as he was banged up. Harbaugh wasn't looking for improvement - he was merely stringing McNamara along to make sure McCarthy was ready to go and an insurance policy for the season, but he did this totally at McNamara's detriment and expense. Pretty gauche when you think about how much money Har-douche is making off these kids' backs.

Cade has not played well this season..... Good grief you're such an idiot - McNamara stopped taking snaps in the Colorado State Game when scUM was leading 30-0 (did not take a snap in 2nd Half) and didn't enter the Hawaii game until the 2nd Half and scUM was already leading 42-0. CSU and Hawaii are two of the absolute worst teams in D1A - it's laughable to claim that these blowout wins created this great evaluation for Har-douche, just utterly laughable tripe.

Eat me. I have watched every Michigan snap this season multiple times. I know you are just interested in being a troll, but you don't know wtf you are talking about.

Maybe Purdue and Minnesota too. I think both those teams will be losing their starting QBs and in the market for a replacement next year.

lol. McCarthy was injured and didn't participate in Spring ball.

And through the first two games, JJ (15/16 259 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Interceptions, 4 runs for 66 yards) has easily outplayed Cade (13/24, 162 yards, 1 TD 1 interception, 3 runs for -25 yards).

To keep a divided locker room from forming, Harbaugh allowed the competition to be as open as possible. McCarthy has won and football is a meritocracy. If the production numbers were reversed, then JJ would be the backup. Cade McNamara is free to transfer next season if he so wishes. He would have two full seasons to play elsewhere, so he has plenty of time to start at a less competitive program.

And your attempts to stir up shit are pathetic.
He literally talks about things he has no idea about all the time. Hate Harbaugh if he wants but good God...

I wouldn't care if I'm winning honestly. Harbaugh's not worried about how he's perceived as a human. He wants kids to believe he can get them to the NFL. That's it. Oh and he'll adopt their kid if they make a "mistake"

The booing was bad, but when you have over 100K, there are bound to be a few jerks. And those booing would probably claim they were booing the coaches.

Michigan may lose a game or two due to McCarthy miscues, but it won't lead to any QB controversy. Most of the fans (2/3rds?) wanted JJ before this year started. After watching Cade for two games, what was once a controversy is now a landslide in favor of JJ.

Yes, we won't face a real defense until we go to Iowa in half a month. We will just have to see if the offense is ready.

Gee, these writers would seem to disagree with you- and not just a little bit, but in a diametric opposite fashion, LMAO. Here's the LINK .

Here's a quote from the article by a scUM sportswriter no less:

Adam Biggers

@AdamBiggers81

·
Follow
Harbaugh's response to fans booing Cade was piss-poor. Stand up for the guy, Jim. Saying it's an advantage to have two really QBs is a dodging act. Address the bullshit and scold the bad fans.
1:10 PM · Sep 12, 2022

Gee, these writers would seem to disagree with you- and not just a little bit, but in a diametric opposite fashion, LMAO. Here's the LINK .

Here's a quote from the article by a scUM sportswriter no less:

Adam Biggers
@AdamBiggers81

·
Follow
Harbaugh's response to fans booing Cade was piss-poor. Stand up for the guy, Jim. Saying it's an advantage to have two really QBs is a dodging act. Address the bullshit and scold the bad fans.
1:10 PM · Sep 12, 2022
We all know the media, including Michigan reporters, are never biased against Harbaugh
Calling the scUM costs you any credibility. Not that you had any to begin with but talk about bias

Here's a good article on the topic: LINK . According to Harbaugh himself when asked what led him to his Aug 27th decision and announcemet: "It's Biblical" and some utter tripe and bullshit about Solomon from the Old Testament. How would you like to be Cade McNamara and here this bullshit nonsense from this douchebag?

• Love
Meh, there’s no loyalty in college football in 2022. Coaches and players can and will leave as soon as they have a better opportunity. Kinda shitty if Jimbo didn’t keep his word, but this is big time college football, the best play.

Here's a good article on the topic: LINK . According to Harbaugh himself when asked what led him to his Aug 27th decision and announcemet: "It's Biblical" and some utter tripe and bullshit about Solomon from the Old Testament. How would you like to be Cade McNamara and here this bullshit nonsense from this douchebag?
Good stuff bushwood. Good stuff. It’s football season now.

Meh, there’s no loyalty in college football in 2022. Coaches and players can and will leave as soon as they have a better opportunity. Kinda shitty if Jimbo didn’t keep his word, but this is big time college football, the best play.
Except McNamara CANNOT leave until next year, so Harbaugh has mislead McNamara into burning a year of his eligibility out of pure self-interest.

• Love
Maybe Purdue and Minnesota too. I think both those teams will be losing their starting QBs and in the market for a replacement next year.

Oh I thought you meant this year. I don't know anything about the backup QBs in the West division.

Except McNamara CANNOT leave until next year, so Harbaugh has mislead McNamara into burning a year of his eligibility out of pure self-interest.
Prove it. You keep stating it as a fact but you don't know that. You simply believe it to be true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT