ADVERTISEMENT

Any leaks/news as to UMich kick time?

Noon kick would suck!!!
Then again, that just might be what the B1G......excuse me, BIG 2+12 wants!

Personally would like noon kick but care more about team getting the W than kick time.
I would like to see Sandy show some balls (metaphorically speaking of course) and announce... "We have decided to kick off the Penn State - Michigan game at 7:30 pm. We invite all our fans and any tv networks that wish to broadcast the game to join us in Beaver Stadium at that time. We are ... Penn State!"

(For those of you that don't understand sarcasm, yes, I know we are contractually prevented from doing so)

I remember having this same debate 2 years ago for the Mich. WHiteout game.

From working out the combinations, I think Disney has the rights to this game and it will be on ABC. Could be 3:30 or 7:30 though. I think we are likely to be a night game, but I wouldn't be shocked to see our game at 3:30 and Oregon/Washington the night game on ABC.

From working out the combinations, I think Disney has the rights to this game and it will be on ABC. Could be 3:30 or 7:30 though. I think we are likely to be a night game, but I wouldn't be shocked to see our game at 3:30 and Oregon/Washington the night game on ABC.

ABC is contractually obligated to show at least 1 Pac-12 game in Prime Time per year.

I tend to think ABC will wait until November 2 to show the Pac-12. On that day, we have Oregon @ USC and Utah @ Washington. There are really no good ACC, B1G or Big XII games that day, so I'd guess that's the day for the Pac-12.

(ABC could also go and take SMU @ Memphis for prime-time on November 2. Don't laugh, they'll both likely be undefeated. And then leave the Pac-12 for the last week of the season, Notre Dame @ Stanford. But, point being, ABC has to show a Prime-Time Pac-12 game somewhere but they have options beyond Oregon/Washington)

I originally thought it would be ABC, but sounds like Fox will be covering it.

FOX Rotates Saturday's between Big 10 and Big 12.

Last week was OU-Texas Tech, this week was Iowa-Michiga, next week is OU-Texas, then after we will be us and Michigan.

I’ve heard about PSU moving functions due to it being a noon kick.

So what you are suggesting is that even though ICA does not know (supposedly), groups like alumni association, hospitality services, etc. know and are changing function times?

Last week was OU-Texas Tech, this week was Iowa-Michiga, next week is OU-Texas, then after we will be us and Michigan.

Wrong. That’s not how it works.

Washington just lost to Stanford last night. PSU moving functions just means there is a possibility of a noon kick, not a done deal. We are looking good for prime time, will know tomorrow.

Huge, huge game that will decide the B1G East and playoff spot. Don Brown's defense is coming together at the right time - just ask Iowa and their totally confused and beat up QB Stanley. Release the Wolverine in Michigan football !!!!

Huge, huge game that will decide the B1G East and playoff spot. Don Brown's defense is coming together at the right time - just ask Iowa and their totally confused and beat up QB Stanley. Release the Wolverine in Michigan football !!!!

I'm guessing you were out last night or went to sleep early and didn't watch the OSU-MSU game. They are going to shred the great Don Brown's defense. I anticipate we will also. (and I know you're playing us).

So what you are suggesting is that even though ICA does not know (supposedly), groups like alumni association, hospitality services, etc. know and are changing function times?

It was some internal PSU academic function and the dean of that department sent out a note that it was moved because the Michigan game was at noon. FWIW.

Reactions: step.eng69
Ha, guess that Dean was wrong.

9461875.png

how does this actually work from a contract standpoint? is the contract between the ncaa and the networks as a group? is there some method to how things are allocated? so when we say that Fox has the rights the game, how do we know that? is it a week to week negotiation as to who gets what? realize the value of games change week to week, but this seems overly complex.

I believe that was the case
9f3c97bbe36b736bfc42e86f6dab926a.png

If there was ever a week for them to try a Pac 12 game at noon, this weekend would be a good one.. However, the Pac 12 has said they won't be doing a Pac 12 for breakfast game this year.

Other than that, you've got Oklahoma State & Baylor? ... Baylor will likely be ranked today, however Ok State will probably fall out. Other than that?

I could see WVU at Oklahoma being Fox's noon tilt... other than that? It's slim pickins in college football for a marquee game that Fox could get their hands on... I don't think the SEC or ACC is even an option?

Here's the potential MLB playoff schedule:
Saturday, Oct. 19: ALCS Game 6 (if necessary), Fox or FS1
Saturday, Oct. 19: NLCS Game 7 (if necessary), TBS

Fowler's tweet is most telling, IMHO... I doubt he'd tweet that if it wasn't going to be covered by his team. Unless he means gameday?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT