tOSU- NW is a Friday night game
The 2(known)noon games are:
Wisc at Illinois
Purdue at Iowa

The remainder of the 3 games are:
IU at MD
Minn at Rutgers
PSU Vs UM

Looking at that slate, I see IU game and Rutgers game both being noon kicks. The 4 noon conference games will be split between ESPN/ESPN2/ABC/BTN/FS1, MAYBE one of them will be a 3:30 kickoff

Looking at the Big 12 schedule, there are really no games of note EXCEPT WVU at Oklahoma.

I think that game will be The noon game on main Fox.

This will put PSU at either the 3:30 OR 7:00/7:30/8:00 slot on ABC/NBANetwork(ESPN).

Supposed to be revealed next Monday. If Michigan takes care of business against Iowa you can bank on it being a night game. Even if PSU loses to Iowa next week, the game time will already be announced by then.

Here's what I think based on absolutely zero expertise on network TV decisions. I'll just try to use some common sense.

Penn State white out games at night are now known around the country as a seminal college football experience. A bucket list kind of thing to attend. It's also known that the night game atmosphere very much adds to it. Ask Herbie if you doubt me on this. And I'm sure the networks realize it too. Seems to me that whether it be FOX, ABC, or whoever is broadcasting the game, they would want it at night and not want to ruin the white out. Prolly best for their ratings as well, and that's the bottom line.

Reactions: 81b&w and RTRMR
If FOX has it, it couldn't be a night game unless they bumped MLB playoffs to FS1 (which they are allowed to do in this case, but it'll never happen)

I'd venture to say if we lose 2 out of the next 3 and Michigan loses 2 out of the next 4 it will be a noon game. And both are possible looking at our schedules. It's funny that the ESPN app has us with a 67% chance of winning the game though.
Ummmmm.......we only have 2 games before UM

This game will decide the B1G East title - mark my words. I have to give a slight edge to Jim and UM with the more experienced QB. Your Clifford is looking good though.

This game will decide the B1G East title - mark my words. I have to give a slight edge to Jim and UM with the more experienced QB. Your Clifford is looking good though.

It’s really a good thing that I’m not eating when I read yours posts. I’d get tired of cleaning the walls from spitting food in laughter.
I know you’re playing us, but still funny to read your comments.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Well.... that certainly doesn’t make me feel very optimistic about it being a night game. I really can’t believe he made that statement
Same here. Would have to think a night game against Michigan would be a huge boost for recruiting. It’s certainly worked well in the past.

Well.... that certainly doesn’t make me feel very optimistic about it being a night game. I really can’t believe he made that statement

Why can't you believe it? Franklin as well as other coaches have said that players sitting around all day for a night game is not always the best thing for them because in some cases it backfires, they get too hyped, etc.

Do we know if Fox is carrying the game? They've been touting their "big noon Saturday" game every week which has included some big matchups. If Fox gets it, I highly suspect it will be at noon.

Why can't you believe it? Franklin as well as other coaches have said that players sitting around all day for a night game is not always the best thing for them because in some cases it backfires, they get too hyped, etc.

I can understand that he believes that from a player preparation aspect. I just can’t believe he said it.... especially in regards to his programs (and maybe all of college football) signature event, that is exponentially better at night. He’s the ultimate salesman (I mean that in a good way)... so it’s odd that he wouldn’t be selling this event

leads me to believe it’s coming from above ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranger Dan
FWIW.....
The MLB website says game 7 of NLCS is on 10/19 on Fox OR FS1.

Seemed to work ok last Friday?!

I can understand that he believes that from a player preparation aspect. I just can’t believe he said it.... especially in regards to his programs (and maybe all of college football) signature event, that is exponentially better at night. He’s the ultimate salesman (I mean that in a good way)... so it’s odd that he wouldn’t be selling this event

leads me to believe it’s coming from above ...
Or maybe he is trying to be positive about something he has no control over.

Franklin's comments about what time he'd like the Whiteout to be strongly indicate to me that it will be a noon game. "We can't announce anything now..." indicating that he knows something, and then spends the next minute talking up the benefits of a noon start.

Franklin's comments about what time he'd like the Whiteout to be strongly indicate to me that it will be a noon game. "We can't announce anything now..." indicating that he knows something, and then spends the next minute talking up the benefits of a noon start.

I agree his comments lead me to believe it will be a noon start, and that blows.

He also talked about people enjoying the breakfast tailgates. I'm thinking I'll have an Egg Mcmuffin to go with my Miller Lite while sitting in traffic. ;)

He also talked about people enjoying the breakfast tailgates. I'm thinking I'll have an Egg Mcmuffin to go with my Miller Lite while sitting in traffic. ;)

Fans are going to have to really commit to leaving their homes early early early to get in the lots on time and have that stadium full and rocking by kickoff.

I was just notified that a Penn State event originally scheduled for the afternoon has been cancelled due to the possibility that the game would be scheduled for noon. That sucks. A noon white out?

Fans are going to have to really commit to leaving their homes early early early to get in the lots on time and have that stadium full and rocking by kickoff.
That would also be true of a night game. I sat in traffic for 3 hours for the OSU game last year and we left the house 30 minutes before the lots opened.

Franklin only said he likes noon games so that the BIG will spite him and insist our Michigan game is an 8 pm start.....pretty sly of him I guess.
Michigan must be accommodated at PSU’s expense. Notice it was no problem for Iowa to get the night game they need again us next week. Sandy - here someone to push back!

As previously stated, if Fox chooses the game, it will be at noon based on them trying to win the game day and noon spot from espn. Awful, but likely.

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT