ADVERTISEMENT

Another PR blunder by psu

Penn state student on film (with kid dad laughing) driving through the protests yesterday shouting “n-words, the klan is coming.” Penn State puts 2 little tweets out saying they don’t tolerate racism. How hard is it for them to kick out one kid and be done with this? Instead they are letting the furor fester and it’s getting out of control. It’s amazing that penn state doesn’t the wrong thing every single time.

The video is in the comments of Penn states twitter.

Edit: and his mother said on Twitter that he apologized to her and that was enough, before she backtracked and blamed it on her husband, who works at Key Bank
How so? It is more of my parents couldn’t teach not to be an a-hole. I would love to see that twink in boot camp.

Original post called this another PR blunder by PSU. That was more than 48 hours ago, an internet lifetime, and I have seen no mention of it outside this thread. Time to delete the thread and grant the original poster the Penn State Nate overreaction award of the week.

Reactions: bison13 and LionJim
Actually the service would probably be a good thing for this kid....he might learn a thing or two.
I still wake up some nights remember those first days of camp. We had to go throat before attending the academy. I was 17 when I started and after it was over I was 21.

As much as it may upset people, PSU did the right thing here. Still, I’d be surprised if he shows his face on campus again. Maybe he can practice his free speech on some guys when not speeding away in a Jeep?

I'd be shocked if the whole family doesn't move, let alone the kid not going back to PSU. not sure you can stay in a community after all that comes out.

I'd be shocked if the whole family doesn't move, let alone the kid not going back to PSU. not sure you can stay in a community after all that comes out.

Not sure they can hide from this. The dad is/was a VP for Key Bank. Cant see how he keeps his job. Google will be unforgiving to the young man. This will always come up when potential employers or people check him out.

Reactions: Sproul
From what I understand, the Student Code of Conduct can only be enforced on College property (I assume that is correct) and despite the Twitter PR hit PSU took, they may have done everything they could. Many of us (Penn State blue and haters) were quite upset, and it's useless to send email to Barron, even for President's Club donor--next time they call me for donation, they will hear about it, and I may be shuffling my causes.
Saw on Instagram, this family's life may be forever changed for this brazen display of racism and privilege, while posing as pillar of society--from death threats to Police patrolling their street for their safety, to steady stream of cars driving by, to being a marked jerk if he returns to campus, to not having any friends ---and Jr and mom trying to pin all on dad, and trying to act Woke on social media. I don't know why social media is so into death threats these days, and I don't condone it, and it's ironic Jr and dad were threatening to lynch the peaceful protesters and waving the American Flag as a symbol of racism, which it is not. Google is forever.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT