ADVERTISEMENT

Another PR blunder by psu

USC just did the same thing...
EZcUAooUwAQuVd8
Here is the offensive Tweet that was the basis of USC's action. Playing Devi's Advocate and recognizing that many different races were protesting, I'm not convinced that USC should have labelled the language as blatantly racist. Perhaps there were other tweets that were such.

Last edited:
I never said that - just said a response from PSU makes sense. Twitter had this kid’s name, major, and PSU email account on display in about five minutes. How long would you wait? I’m not saying they should do more without an investigation, but a comment denouncing the act is easy and worth it.

I’d wait until I was sure the video was authentic, sure I had the right person, etc. Guessing the “5 minute Twitter ID” wasn’t following any protocols, nor does it matter if they are wrong.

If Penn State has to apologize for every dumb act by one of our 50,000 + students, we would need another VP and staff dedicated to just that.

The father of the kid is the one who deserves the criticism. He will live to regret this.
And if they’re going to expel every student for saying something stupid, they’ll likely go broke.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
I'm not quite as pedantic as you. Its close enough for me.
One’s a booster raising money for the program....an adult lawyer no less who posted something on social media for the world to see. The other is a dumb college kid who said something stupid. I’d say there’s a difference.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
Just accidentally hold up a document with his home address on it on Facebook. That should take care of it.

It's funny you say that. This kid did that with his acceptance letter on twitter. That's how everyone got all his info.

I’d wait until I was sure the video was authentic, sure I had the right person, etc. Guessing the “5 minute Twitter ID” wasn’t following any protocols, nor does it matter if they are wrong.

Me too - which is why a response indicating Penn State is 'looking into the matter' is appropriate. From there, they can verify and respond as necessary. Several here said 'do nothing' - I disagree with that. I believe this response (and the subsequent one from Smeal) is satisfactory at this time.

Me too - which is why a response indicating Penn State is 'looking into the matter' is appropriate. From there, they can verify and respond as necessary. Several here said 'do nothing' - I disagree with that. I believe this response (and the subsequent one from Smeal) is satisfactory at this time.

I agree...which is why I have a hard time seeing why people would criticize the response or think that the kid should have been expelled without any investigation, simply because it would “get ahead” of the outrage.

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a F a l s e Flag
When Joe Pa shoots shots at Steve Nash, but it looks like he has on a mask, that's a F a l s e Flag.

Here is the offensive Tweet that was the basis of USC's action. Playing Devi's Advocate and recognizing that many different races were protesting, I'm not convinced that USC should have labelled the language as blatantly racist. Perhaps there were other tweets that were such.

There were a number of other tweets that are much worse. The tweet you posted was the first in a thread with other screenshots. They’re bad tweets for anyone, but for a police attorney to tweet them serves to essentially prove the protesters’ point.

America is not racist.
There are only racist people
Nothing racist happened last week.
Other countries are racist too
No one knows where kids get their racist viewpoints from.
Protestors should be shot.
We are Penn Staters -we don’t do such things.
Why should he be singled out? What about Black people?
He is expressing his right to Free Speech
His rights are being trampled.

* Have I captured all the BWI sound bites of the last 7 days?

America is not racist.

You forgot he’s a dumbass and everyone agrees that what he said was wrong. When someone posts something that defends what he said, let me know.

America is not racist.

pretty much

Did you actually read my post? It’s not just this kids comments. Or his mothers.
I know exactly what you were doing just like everyone else does. It’s pretty transparent.

not remotely close
They deserve all the misery they’re going to get....that’s pretty close. So if the misery is their son dying then they deserve it? You did say they deserve ALL the misery they’re going to get.

Death sentence for saying something stupid...that’s the way to go.
That’s not what 1300 said.

And it’s way “beyond stupid”. It’s an aggressive and vile statement said specifically to invoke a sense of superiority and denigrate a group of people.

“Something stupid” is what gets said on this board. This was an act of aggression. A calculated act of aggression.

If you can’t understand the difference then maybe you are part of the problem.

That’s not what 1300 said.

And it’s way “beyond stupid”. It’s an aggressive and vile statement said specifically to invoke a sense of superiority and denigrate a group of people.

“Something stupid” is what gets said on this board. This was an act of aggression. A calculated act of aggression.

If you can’t understand the difference then maybe you are part of the problem.
I don’t think he’s smart enough to formulate a calculated act of aggression.

here’s the kid smiling in front of the Pennsylvania slave trade sign

I don’t think he’s smart enough to formulate a calculated act of aggression.

Seems that he was smart enough to talk his talk when driving right by, would he say the same thing walking by instead? That is calculation, as in knowing they can berate from a safe distance or easy get away. Not so tough me thinks if hes standing face to face with the targeted audience.

Yet another example of people not comprehending the fact that cameras are always watching. If you’re going to be a bigoted dumba$s, do it in the privacy of your own trailer...of course, even then you’re probably not safe.

Reactions: Sproul and AWS1022
I really have no qualms as to what happens to these people. I am sure we will find out soon enough.

Perhaps their home address will be posted online somehow. And a dozen or so young black people will go to their house walk up onto their property

And take a knee. While playing the National Anthem.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT