ADVERTISEMENT

Another Oklahoma RB in trouble

I'm going to probably get killed for this, but her account is just a little weird. Basically she says he forced himself on her, but she did'nt really remember and has slowly been able to piece back her memory of events since the Nov. 16th incident. I don't want to be a victim shamer and I sincerely hope this did not happen to her, but its just seems difficult sometimes to convict people based on such foggy/drunken memories of the accusers. Not saying victims can't drink....are never taken advantage of, etc. This is just becoming such an issue on campuses across the country. Girl gets drunk, guy gets drunk and either misinterprets consent or forces himself shamelessly and then girl slowly begins to remember events and all of sudden remembers them clearly enough to try and convict. Just hard to know what happens in all of these situations.

I'm going to probably get killed for this, but her account is just a little weird. Basically she says he forced himself on her, but she did'nt really remember and has slowly been able to piece back her memory of events since the Nov. 16th incident. I don't want to be a victim shamer and I sincerely hope this did not happen to her, but its just seems difficult sometimes to convict people based on such foggy/drunken memories of the accusers. Not saying victims can't drink....are never taken advantage of, etc. This is just becoming such an issue on campuses across the country. Girl gets drunk, guy gets drunk and either misinterprets consent or forces himself shamelessly and then girl slowly begins to remember events and all of sudden remembers them clearly enough to try and convict. Just hard to know what happens in all of these situations.

Agreed and unfortunately the attitude is guilty until proven innocent.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I wonder what Mayfield knew and when he knew it?

but its just seems difficult sometimes to convict people based on such foggy/drunken memories of the accusers.

Maybe in OK, but here in PA you don't need a victim, evidence, or even a credible witness to get a conviction.

article doesn't indicate whether she ever went to the police or not......If she didn't go to the police first, I think that says a lot...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT