ADVERTISEMENT

Even I think this is ridiculous...

I don't hate the portal as much as most but...7 years/4 schools. Come on.

Nothing was ever more ridiculous than Weinke winning the Heisman at 28.

Ever.

Reactions: LandoComando
Nothing was ever more ridiculous than Weinke winning the Heisman at 28.

Ever.
you think? He took 6 years off from Football to play baseball. After a 6yr layoff, he quickly established himself as the starter if IIRC. Sure he was older, but to take 6 years off and then come back and become the best player in CFB is pretty impressive and pretty darn unlikely.

Reactions: mhlarch and jimarnp
you think? He took 6 years off from Football to play baseball. After a 6yr layoff, he quickly established himself as the starter if IIRC. Sure he was older, but to take 6 years off and then come back and become the best player in CFB is pretty impressive and pretty darn unlikely.

First, he was playing baseball and still training at football.

Second he was a grown man playing a sport wirh kids.

Same recruiting class as Rising who will also be back for year 7 next year. Going to become really common when guys who aren't NFL prospects can make more off NIL hanging around and extra season or 2 versus entry level salaries out in the real world. Don't blame them.

First, he was playing baseball and still training at football.

Second he was a grown man playing a sport wirh kids.
He was a full time pro baseball player trying to make it to MLB and he was still training at FB?

Look at all those 25-28 year old Australian punters that seem to be on every other football team these days

Did any of you express the same outrage when Penn State trotted out a 24 year old QB for his 6th year?

I don’t believe the number of schools or years of play is relevant. It certainly has not negatively impacted the game. In today’s game, more and more coaches are asking some players to stay in college longer which benefits the player and the football program.

Did any of you express the same outrage when Penn State trotted out a 24 year old QB for his 6th year?

I don’t believe the number of schools or years of play is relevant. It certainly has not negatively impacted the game. In today’s game, more and more coaches are asking some players to stay in college longer which benefits the player and the football program.
I think a lot of us didn't like Clifford coming back for a 6th year

Actually many were complaining. Would you have defended a 7th year?

Actually many were complaining. Would you have defended a 7th year?

I never had a problem with Clifford being on the team for 6 years and a 7th year would not have bothered me.

Now, in terms of Clifford starting as the QB, that is a different question and I was never a fan of Clifford as a starting QB.

Actually Clifford coming back for a 6th year was a home run for both him and PSU. We went 11-2 with a Rose Bowl win and Cliff got drafted and is now the backup in Green Bay. Not sure how having Allar out there as a true freshman would’ve been better for us.

Look at all those 25-28 year old Australian punters that seem to be on every other football team these days
There is no telling the accurate age of some of these players who migrate to the US from countries without accurate birth certificate practices. It’s anyone’s guess as to the age of these people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT