ADVERTISEMENT

Annual College Decision Day Thread for 2020

3_Degrees, I hope your mom’s still doing well. Good luck to your son next year. Hopefully campus will be open so he can have the full college experience as we start to get back to normal.

psu00, thanks! My mom is doing great. She's past 2 weeks after testing positive for COVID-19 and is asymptomatic. At 79 years old and living in nursing home it's the best we could hope for.

We're hoping our son is on campus in the fall. So far everything we've heard, it looks like University Park will have in person classes. His New Student Orientation in July is virtual.

Reactions: psu00
I have no kids or know of anyone entering college, but I will use this opportunity to gloat about a niece (cousin's daughter) who graduates from NYU. She has a 3.96 GPA and attended on a variety of scholarships. She plans on law school. Her parents (my cousin and her now ex) split when she was in high school and she got scholarships and took care of her own expenses.

Extremely proud of that girl.

Last edited:
Pfft. Didn't get into Oxford or the Sorbonne? ;)

Seriously though - congrats to him and all others making these life changing decisions. Feel great for all the proud parents too.

giphy.gif

Thanks, Midnighter. My son had a great college experience at PSU, both academically and socially. My wife and I are both alums and enjoyed visiting him in state college. Probably will not be visiting quite as often now.

My oldest daughter is at Pitt and we have a younger daughter still in high school. There is still hope for her.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT