ADVERTISEMENT

And WE have a culture problem?

N&B4PSU

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Anyone watching the lunacy that just ensued between Miss St and Ole Miss knows they just saw something truly special. If this is the SEC and if this is the future of CFB... wow.

After all that, they take the TD away because the quarter was over.

Well i'm sure that'll just make everyone wanna holds hands and sing kumbaya together. lol. Welcome to the SEC, Joe Moorhead. Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving... this was a very special turkey they just bbq'd on the field.

For those that didn’t watch, what happened?
Ole Miss scores TD on final play of third quarter.
In the end zone on the ground is ball carrier and defender. Defender won’t leave go of ball.
Finally, both separate and and they compliment each other on the orher’s play.
Punch here and there, then Q for Ole Miss and MS player grab each other’s face mask and start yanking. Helmet comes off Ole Miss Q.
More pushing shoving and some more punches.
Four players ejected.
Review the play and realize game clock was at 0:00 before snap.
Touchdown doesn’t count, but the PF’s do.
Sorry this wasn’t Reader’s Digest version.

OL

In the end zone on the ground is ball carrier and defender. Defender won’t leave go of ball.
Punch here and there, then Q for Ole Miss and MS player grab each other’s face mask and start yanking. Helmet comes off Ole Miss Q.
Four players ejected.

OL
Thanks... I was about to cue up the tape but you died just fine. Here ya go..

https://uproxx.com/sports/mississippi-state-ole-miss-egg-bowl-brawl-penalties-video/2/

Last edited:
Reactions: PSU95alum
Can't wait for the end of game headbutt. i mean handshake...

Well the MSU players are now gathered on the Ole Miss logo at midfield with a huge MSU flag. A bunch of Ole Miss players are facing off with them on the logo- a stare down for now and ESPN goes to sports center......:rolleyes:

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Four players ejected.

OL
Lol. NP. Thx for the explanation.

Well the MSU players are now gathered on the Ole Miss logo at midfield with a huge MSU flag. A bunch of Ole Miss players are facing off with them on the logo- a stare down for now and ESPN goes to sports center......:rolleyes:

th

And the MSU starting QB still throwing up by more than 4 TDs with 2 minutes left in the game. Ran a play as time ran out instead of taking a knee.

'personal foul, all players- both teams'. Lol. Classic ref call.

I do have to say I saw a ball spot at around 2:30 left in the first half that was the worst I've ever seen. How bad we're the refs? A kid got tackled and the ball comes down right on the yellow line about two years from the side judge. Just a matter of if his knee hit before the ball crossed the line right? Nope, ref gives him at least a full yard beyond the yellow line.

I’ve always been amused at the basis of the Egg Bowl. Mississippi isn’t even in the top ten egg producing states. You really can’t say it’s filled with intellectual egg heads. It makes as much sense as a PITT PSU game being called the Walnut Bowl.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT