ADVERTISEMENT

Allar SUCKS

What strikes me is how many passes Allar has batted down near the line of scrimmage. Too many in my opinion... that kinda detracts a little from his supposed great pocket presence. He also seems to get rattled under pressure and then throws off target. Even the greatest of receivers could not have caught very many of his errant passes today. Franklin is too stubborn to even attempt a change of pace by giving Pribula a chance even though it seemed our running game was having more success today. MAYBE next year... maybe???

1st sentence, idiotic. 2nd sentence, I concur.
It’s reminiscent of Hackenburg under Franklin. This “CEO” does not understand how to develop QB’s. This “CEO” prefers backyard running style QB’s. It’s a disservice to any passing QB for this “CEO” to recruit them. He will not develop them. It’s not his “CEO” philosophy.

Allar is not that good , Yet
Yes he is -0 - he's very good. Maybe, just maybe that OSU defense had something to do with it. OSU was battle tested coming into this game. PSU was not - they're schedule was extremely weak coming into this game. OSU has taken care of ND (on the road) and breatdown PSU. and they were basically missing 3 of their top players - Henderson, Egbuka and that Dentsal (DB),

Last edited:
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Lets hope he proves me wrong
He doesn’t suck. He’s good and should get better, but he was clearly rattled today. Even the receivers were looking at him after he missed them. To be fair, the receivers had their share of miss-reads. —Allar has a very bad habit of throwing while falling/moving backwards ( even when he doesn’t have to). He almost never steps into the throw. He has a strong arm, but can’t depend on that kind of throwing motion against elite defenses. He’ll get better

He doesn’t suck. He’s good and should get better, but he was clearly rattled today. Even the receivers were looking at him after he missed them. To be fair, the receivers had their share of miss-reads. —Allar has a very bad habit of throwing while falling/moving backwards ( even when he doesn’t have to). He almost never steps into the throw. He has a strong arm, but can’t depend on that kind of throwing motion against elite defenses. He’ll get better
One more time - maybe that OSU defense had something to do with it

a friend said it looks like he is tripping when he throws....that said he isnt good right now....you made the point that he isnt good....and I hope he gets better because if he gets worse we are in big trouble.

Reactions: 91Joe95
a friend said it looks like he is tripping when he throws....that said he isnt good right now....you made the point that he isnt good....and I hope he gets better because if he gets worse we are in big trouble.
He looked scared in the warmups and at the beginning of the game. He seems to get lazy and throw off his back foot a lot.

Reactions: 91Joe95
His inability to make plays with his feet hurts us against strong defenses. Combine that with the delayed handoff crap and avg receivers, it's tough to beat good defenses.
Running the read option or whatever that garbage is when he isn't a running QB doesn't help.

Stevie Wonder could throw more accurately than Allar did today.

He looked scared in the warmups and at the beginning of the game. He seems to get lazy and throw off his back foot a lot.
Yet he still holds the all time college football record for most attempts at the start of a career without an INT….that’s saying something.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and PSUfiji
One more time - maybe that OSU defense had something to do with it
it affected several, but there were more where he fell back when he had the ability to step up…. He just didn’t. He’ll get better

Last edited:
Some day he may be good...right now he is not
May be true, but far too early to make a definitive judgment. His OC certainly didn’t help him today. He did not play well, yes. But he also as not given time by our OL on many plays, and our wrs appear to be confused on many plays too. Offensive coaches need a skull session to find out why our O is so disjointed and clunky.

No. Our receivers suck. He can’t throw to people that never get open. And half the time they seem to run the wrong routes.
That’s what “building from the portal” gets you. It stems from one of two things…either you’re missing on recruiting (due to poor historical philosophy/success) or you can’t develop players (this relates to poor coaching development). The only time we had good receivers under Franklin was a product of the Joe Moorehead offensive philosophy/success. (Joe Moorehead isn’t a great head coach and he knows it, but he’s a darn good offensive coordinator). IMO

Reactions: 91Joe95 and PSUfiji
The last few weeks the offense hasn’t looked too good at times but overpowered inferior teams. The issues got overlooked due to lopsided final scores. Some here said they were holding some of the O back for Ohio St. I think we can put that to bed. ;)

Allar had a bad day but it’s way too early to write him off. He’s actually done much better than I expected with keeping mistakes and turnovers to a minimum in his first year as starter. The issues are greater than just Allar.

Last edited:
Allar has a great arm, but he seems a half step slow on all his reads. It doesn't help that he lacks a good receiving corps.

Reactions: psu00
Does he suck against bad competition? No.
Does he suck against the good ones? He did today, but I think he’s making too many changes at the line.

I’m also concerned that we hear he’s this incredible preparer and studies a ton of video. I don’t know if “deer in the headlights” is strong enough for what we saw today. The coaches have to dumb down the playbook even more after this outing to get him some confidence back. This game was indicative of a disgusting reoccurring failure of leadership and what’s sickening is that it keeps happening year after year after year without any obvious plan for change.

I'll be honest, I hate to see us running the RPO offense when the QB isn't a threat to run. I know Franklin is in love with this offense. The mesh point, where the standing QB hands off to the standing RB with a linebacker, crashing DE or DT meeting you there is maddening!

It’s not Allar…it’s Franklin and his philosophy as a human. He epitomizes what’s wrong with this country. Someone rewarded handsomely for bowing to the powers that be regardless of results. He cannot coach. He’s a great CEO (see statement above as to what’s wrong with this country)…..all flash, all pizzazz and zero substance when it’s time to prove your might! It won’t change ever under Franklin…he’ll find his “nut” occassionally….I rest my case and I am prepared for the Franklin apologist bots to commence the attack!
Franklin shouldn't have to tell Allar to set his feet and throw the ball. Allar is never on balance. How many times do you see him step into a throw? More often than not he only uses his arm to throw.

That’s what “building from the portal” gets you. It stems from one of two things…either you’re missing on recruiting (due to poor historical philosophy/success) or you can’t develop players (this relates to poor coaching development). The only time we had good receivers under Franklin was a product of the Joe Moorehead offensive philosophy/success. (Joe Moorehead isn’t a great head coach and he knows it, but he’s a darn good offensive coordinator). IMO
The receivers were mostly recruited by B'Ob if I recall.

Reactions: hoflane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT