ADVERTISEMENT

All B1G Offensive selections announced

Only one PSU Oline listed. Bates 3rd team. It's the one position we all knew would take the longest to get back to a top level.

DeSean Totally disrespected.
Really? He's 2nd team according to the coaches, and 3rd team by the media.

The guys he's behind in one or the other:
Simmie Cobbs IN
D.J. Moore MD
Stanley Morgan NB
Felton Davis MSU

Those are some excellent receivers with very good numbers (and certainly gave PSU problems)
Would you honestly rank DeSean above those guys?

Simmie Cobbs IN
D.J. Moore MD
Stanley Morgan NB
Felton Davis MSU

Those are some excellent receivers with very good numbers (and certainly gave PSU problems)
He's on par with all of them

Simmie Cobbs IN
D.J. Moore MD
Stanley Morgan NB
Felton Davis MSU

Three of the four play on awful teams...so are they just the best player on a bad team which makes them look better or are they the only weapon on their particular team (again making them look better)?

I would take DaeSean overf Moore and Morgan. No idea on the stats but the eye test tells me DaeSean is better since PSU played both MD and NE.

Gesicki/Fumagalli could go either way. Fumagalli is an amazing blocker IMO if that was factor in
Barrett-McSorley-Thorson are definitely 1-3...nice to see Thorson get the props he deserves (Justin Jackson too) despite a bad receiving core and an OL that might be worse than our's.

DeSean was second team/third team. That's legit. He's in the discussion but Cobbs, Moore & Morgan were probably clear cut 1-3. Hamilton gets lost a little bit because of Saquon and Gesicki. Just like JJ--nice to see him get an honor mentioned nod.

I would take DaeSean overf Moore and Morgan. No idea on the stats but the eye test tells me DaeSean is better since PSU played both MD and NE.

Moore, Morgan & Cobbs were 1-2-3 in the league in receiving yards. Huge gap between Moore/Morgan and Hamilton unfortunately. More touchdowns as well. More receptions as well. Hamilton had a great year--numbers matter with receivers probably more than any position. Hamilton deserves recognition and he got it. I was worried he be left out. Tyler Johnson, Felton Davis & JD Spielman (JJ too) all probably got significant votes

Reactions: royboy
Moore, Morgan & Cobbs were 1-2-3 in the league in receiving yards. Huge gap between Moore/Morgan and Hamilton unfortunately. More touchdowns as well. More receptions as well. Hamilton had a great year--numbers matter with receivers probably more than any position. Hamilton deserves recognition and he got it. I was worried he be left out. Tyler Johnson, Felton Davis & JD Spielman (JJ too) all probably got significant votes
Of course their numbers were going to be higher, the their teams didn't be have any other weapons. Indivuals helping lead teams to success should matter as well.

I put more credence in the media picks than I do on the coaches' picks, because media guys have less of a personal interest in the outcome of the voting. Wondering what others here think.

Of course their numbers were going to be higher, the their teams didn't be have any other weapons. Indivuals helping lead teams to success should matter as well.

Yeah but Hamilton would be 4th in helping us to success. JJ isn't far behind The other guys were critical for their teams. I don't think 2nd or 3rd team is insulting personally.

I know it's just an editing error but, that made me laugh and think of that guy from the movie Idiocracy. Why come you don't have a tattoo?

JMO Cobbs was superior to the others. After that we had s lot of comparable guys so stats played a large role.

I put more credence in the media picks than I do on the coaches' picks, because media guys have less of a personal interest in the outcome of the voting. Wondering what others here think.
Naah, I'll go for the coaches as being the better judges.

1. They know football better than the writers, certainly with respect to interior line play
2. They see more football than the writers -- you know they scout opponents thoroughly, so they would certainly have a good handle on the teams in their own division and their cross-over games, but they probably also see the other teams in the opposite division while going over game footage.
3. Less of a personal interest? are the coaches allowed to vote for players on their own team? and of course some of the writers could be homers, and PSU probably has guys like Davey Jones who might pick against them.

Naah, I'll go for the coaches as being the better judges.

1. They know football better than the writers, certainly with respect to interior line play
2. They see more football than the writers -- you know they scout opponents thoroughly, so they would certainly have a good handle on the teams in their own division and their cross-over games, but they probably also see the other teams in the opposite division while going over game footage.
3. Less of a personal interest? are the coaches allowed to vote for players on their own team? and of course some of the writers could be homers, and PSU probably has guys like Davey Jones who might pick against them.
But they usually vote based on how a player did against their own team, so one bad game could hurt a deserving player.

Barrett vs. McSorley is close but statistically Barrett has the numbers
Barrett has a better QB rating, less picks (by one), slightly better comp %, 7 more passing TDs & about 240 more rushing yards.. McSorley had more yards passing. McSorley had two more rushing TDs. I don't think there's a valid complain against either. How Barrett finished the Penn State game is definitely going to stand out. Trae's best moment was probably the end of Iowa. No one has to agree with the decision but there's logic behind it.

Reactions: royboy
Barrett vs. McSorley is close but statistically Barrett has the numbers
Barrett has a better QB rating, less picks (by one), slightly better comp %, 7 more passing TDs & about 240 more rushing yards.. McSorley had more yards passing. McSorley had two more rushing TDs. I don't think there's a valid complain against either. How Barrett finished the Penn State game is definitely going to stand out. Trae's best moment was probably the end of Iowa. No one has to agree with the decision but there's logic behind it.
But no logic behind Barrett beating out Trace last year. Basically comes down to Barrett plays for OSU...that explains both years.

Reactions: cavic
But no logic behind Barrett beating out Trace last year. Basically comes down to Barrett plays for OSU...that explains both years.

The numbers explain this year...let's be real
You have a much better argument for 2016 but when you say "it explains both years" you lose credibility

The numbers explain this year...let's be real
You have a much better argument for 2016 but when you say "it explains both years" you lose credibility
And you can't say he got it this year because of the numbers, but last year...um, um, um. Barrett was going to be first team this year pretty much no matter what because of last year. Trace had much better numbers last year and Barret was first team. Barrett had slightly better numbers this year and was first team. So obviously the numbers don't matter....so it comes down to something (he plays for OSU).

And you can't say he got it this year because of the numbers, but last year...um, um, um. Barrett was going to be first team this year pretty much no matter what because of last year. Trace had much better numbers last year and Barret was first team. Barrett had slightly better numbers this year and was first team. So obviously the numbers don't matter....so it comes down to something (he plays for OSU).

lol--okay

Okay, I'll play along. Against Nebraska, DaeSean had 4 catches for 42 yards; Nebraska's Stanley Morgan, Jr. had 7 catches for 185 yards.

What told you DaeSean was the better player?

Okay, I'll play along. Against Nebraska, DaeSean had 4 catches for 42 yards; Nebraska's Stanley Morgan, Jr. had 7 catches for 185 yards.

What told you DaeSean was the better player?

The uniform he was wearing? Morgan and DaeSean are closer than that game indicates but this belief that Hamilton is definitely the better player to the point he was disrespected desptie the numbers is...confusing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT