ADVERTISEMENT

Aliquippa is next.

Also the FS from Peters TWP who is going to Florida and the Kid from New Castle going to Louisville. Good year for the WPIAL this year and PSU does not have one of them. But it may be a numbers thing and I get kids wanting to go other places
Seems like we went with Bruce over the New Castle lineman. I think we'll end up with Davis at S and Khalil Dinkins at TE from the WPIAL. That's pretty much in line with what we've gotten from that area in the past. I think Nakhi Johnson's going to be really, really good, and I think Davis is a better safety prospect than McMillan - who seemed to really place a premium on going out of the area.

this is a topic I can speak very confidently about. I grew up and still live in the Ambridge Area and spend lots of time around Quip and the people. The narrative that Joe didn't want those kids (academics, character, etc) is completely false.

Quip kids don't go to PSU because of 1.) local pressure of family & friends 2.) The history of Pitt putting local kids in the NFL 3.) PSU is seen as a white boy, farm school to many of these teenagers.

The only time a local kid doesn't get criticized is if they "commit up" to a national power like O$U or Bama (ex: Foster a few years back). And he still got a some local flak.

Franklin has a real shot here. The most important reason is that he's not an old white man. That changes a ton of perception around here. Winning obviously is a required ingredient, and the trend of Clariton and Woody High kids coming on board, give some momentum to the cause. It's also very important to Beaver County recruiting that PSU guys have NFL success at visible/relatable positions in the near future (RB, WR, DB). Pitt's only advantage right now is Fitz, McCoy, Revis, & Law.

If winning is a requirement, why are these kids going to Pitt? As far as putting kids in the pros, I guess they never heard of Chris Godwin, Mike Gesicki or Saquon.

If winning is a requirement, why are these kids going to Pitt? As far as putting kids in the pros, I guess they never heard of Chris Godwin, Mike Gesicki or Saquon.
PSU is ninth in players on NFL rosters in 2019. Pitt is 36 and isn’t even the second best in PA. That would be Temple.

I didn't realize this thread was 4 years old. Was like "21 guns is back!?!?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT