ADVERTISEMENT

Adam Breneman

Delco Lion

Feb 16, 2017
Chadds Ford, PA
Left the game on Saturday in the third qtr with a leg injury after having his legs taken out. Came back for one play and left the game. Hopefully its not a season ender. Had 9 catches for 125+ yds. No updates yet.

Left the game on Saturday in the third qtr with a leg injury after having his legs taken out. Came back for one play and left the game. Hopefully its not a season ender. Had 9 catches for 125+ yds. No updates yet.[/QUOTE

Hope he is ok ....been a long row to hoe for him.

Left the game on Saturday in the third qtr with a leg injury after having his legs taken out. Came back for one play and left the game. Hopefully its not a season ender. Had 9 catches for 125+ yds. No updates yet.

I just read his wiki, it claims he is widely regarded as one of the best tight ends in the country and that he was going to declare for the draft last year but decided to come back. It seems like a friend might have wrote his entry. Is there a contingent that thinks he is going pro?

I just read his wiki, it claims he is widely regarded as one of the best tight ends in the country and that he was going to declare for the draft last year but decided to come back. It seems like a friend might have wrote his entry. Is there a contingent that thinks he is going pro?
No inside info, but I certainly think so. The NFL is definitely interested in guys his size who are good receivers.

Let's hope he is not seriously hurt. His injury history could be a factor for both Adam and a team interested in drafting him.

Reactions: Ranger Dan

He is largely considered one of the best tight ends in the country and is a surefire NFL player. I have mostly seen him as the #2 NFL prospective TE behind our guy.

He is largely considered one of the best tight ends in the country and is a surefire NFL player. I have mostly seen him as the #2 NFL prospective TE behind our guy.

Fumagalli and Andrews have to be up there as well. I'm still baffled as to how he had "career ending" injuries at PSU and then transfers to play with his friend and ends up being fine (up until Sat). I thought he was trying to relive the glory days with his high school buddy when he transferred, not set up an nfl run. Crazy.

Reactions: dwiz
UMass coach and QB were unequivocal in their statements concerning his impact for their team. Sure hope he's ok.

UMass coach Mark Whipple wasn’t sure of the severity of the injury.

“I haven’t talked to the doctor,” Whipple said. “He’s the best player on the field. You lose the best player on the field and somebody has to step up. We’re not the same team without him.”

Quarterback Andrew Ford agreed.

“It changes our offense a lot. He’s obviously our best player,” Ford said. “Tonight shows everyone is one play away from being the guy.”

Reactions: denniskembala
He's got bad knees, hopefully this leg injury isn't in that area. Good kid, like to see him succeed.

Awesome News!!

Seriously tho I thought AB graduated 2 years ago.. Seems like he has been playing college ball for like 8 years now.

Was it ever announced what exactly his injury was at PSU?

PSU is pretty guarded in their injury reports. If the player announces the extent of their injury, then the press will run with it. If not, it's pretty are for PSU to get into specifics.

I'm still baffled as to how he had "career ending" injuries at PSU and then transfers to play with his friend and ends up being fine (up until Sat)

It was baffling to Adam, to his doctors, and to PSU. He did everything that was asked of him in his rehab. He'd have days in practice where he looked and felt 100%. Some weeks, he'd have a full week of such practices. Then, either on game day, or in the last practice before a game, he'd be in serious pain, and could not play. Other weeks, he'd be out of practice all but 1 day. And then there were weeks where he'd be good 1 day, bad the next, good the next, etc.

In the end, it became impossible for the team, or for Adam, to have any idea if he'd be able to practice, or to play. The flare-ups were so random that about the only thing that could be predicted was that they would reoccur. It was frustrating for all parties.

Who's Adam Breneman?
Penn State grad. Came here when there were plenty of other "easier" options for him. Gave his all to the PSU football program, and is now one of the top TE's in the country playing for UMass.

We used to see Adam and his family out having dinner after home games. They were all nice people, very nice. His Dad told me what the issue was, but I had had a couple drinks and can't remember exactly what it was. Take a look at Plica Syndrome and see what you
think.

Reactions: Ceasar
PSU is pretty guarded in their injury reports. If the player announces the extent of their injury, then the press will run with it. If not, it's pretty are for PSU to get into specifics.

It was baffling to Adam, to his doctors, and to PSU. He did everything that was asked of him in his rehab. He'd have days in practice where he looked and felt 100%. Some weeks, he'd have a full week of such practices. Then, either on game day, or in the last practice before a game, he'd be in serious pain, and could not play. Other weeks, he'd be out of practice all but 1 day. And then there were weeks where he'd be good 1 day, bad the next, good the next, etc.

In the end, it became impossible for the team, or for Adam, to have any idea if he'd be able to practice, or to play. The flare-ups were so random that about the only thing that could be predicted was that they would reoccur. It was frustrating for all parties.

is there something in our rehab system or medical treatment that is not as good as where he went? if not mistaken, when he left it appeared football was no longer in his future. i thought he graduated in December 2015, and got a job somewhere - and was able to rehabilitate successfully. that gave him the interest to try FB again and go somewhere for fall 2016. my only point is whatever he wound up doing on his own to rehab worked better than any treatment we were able to give at PSU. i would normally expect PSU to be world class treatment and recovery compared to what an individual is going to get.

is there something in our rehab system or medical treatment that is not as good as where he went? if not mistaken, when he left it appeared football was no longer in his future. i thought he graduated in December 2015, and got a job somewhere - and was able to rehabilitate successfully. that gave him the interest to try FB again and go somewhere for fall 2016. my only point is whatever he wound up doing on his own to rehab worked better than any treatment we were able to give at PSU. i would normally expect PSU to be world class treatment and recovery compared to what an individual is going to get.

you're reaching.

sometimes, the body does best when you stop trying to rehab it.

Adam stopped rehabbing, and worked on a political campaign. He then started working out in a gym, not to rehab, but to just get back into shape. After a few weeks, he realized that he wasn't experiencing the ups and downs that he had suffered through while at PSU. Nobody can explain why his body finally stopped failing Adam -- it just happened.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I don't know the specifics of AB's injuries, but I closely watched him play in UMAss' opening game. As he strolled from the sidelines to the huddle, he seemed to walk with a "gimp" in one leg.

I then noticed that he doesn't really engage and forcefully block any opposing DL. UMass generally sends him out on non- blocking pass routes, which is understandable.

Adam apparently has "knee issues" that allow him to run forward and cut laterally, but there are other issues that seem to preclude him from engaging in "high-stress" contact.

I don't know how any PSU'er can question AB and his decision vis-a-vis PSU. I suspect he's healthy enough to play UMass football, but doubt he'll try to make an NFL roster. It appears that he has knee issues that will remain with him for life.

I suspect he's healthy enough to play UMass football, but doubt he'll try to make an NFL roster. It appears that he has knee issues that will remain with him for life.

He's projected as high as the #2 TE entering the draft this year. I imagine teams will test the knee hard before putting him on the board, but to suggest he won't even try for the nfl while being a top 10 TE prospect is ludicrous.

Who's Adam Breneman?
He is the 5 star recruit who signed with Penn State in the beginning of sanctions . If we did not have him sign and give at least the perception we were coming back we would be screwed . I hope your only joking or just very uneducated

Reactions: Peetz Pool Boy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT