ADVERTISEMENT

A question for you guys from the Ohio State board….

I don't think Noto is coming to PSU if for no other reason than bad look poaching our neighbor's one truly good wrestler.
Barr get 5 competition dates. Levi got a ton of matches out of his 5 dates.
I could be wrong, but it has been 8 years since a punt and I don't believe we will see him punt ever again.
Noto already transferred once from NC St to LH. Is he even allowed to transfer again as an undergrad?

Harvard HWT Slavikouski (6 seed, finished R12) is in the portal as a 2023 graduate.
Kerk Oly???

Honestly, this is probably one that is a bit out of the coach's control.

I think Carter is the most likely to take an Oly. If that's it, we still go full bore and maybe Alex moves up, or Barr slots in. If Aaron follows suit and Olys as well then that's a bit of a game changer.

If we lose 2 3xers fit the year, then the coaches will obviously sit down an work the math. I think Ohio State will gain a lot of points next year. Even without those two we are probably still favored, and even though half the team is eligible for Olys, at this age their chances of making the team, are realistically pretty close to none. Kerk is the logical next domino to fall, and if those big 3 go out, I think a punt is actually the smart move.

Last edited:
I would bet if Carter doesn’t wrestle for the blue and white next year we have seen his last college match. But I would bet he goes for 4 next year.

Reactions: creamery freak
Kerk Oly???

Honestly, this is probably one that is a bit out of the coach's control.

I think Carter is the most likely to take an Oly. If that's it, we still go full bore and maybe Alex moves up, or Barr slots in. If Aaron follows suit and Olys as well then that's a bit of a game changer.

If we lose 2 3xers fit the year, then the coaches will obviously sit down an work the math. I think Ohio State will gain a lot of points next year. Even without those two we are probably still favored, and even though half the team is eligible for Olys, at this age their chances of making the team, are realistically pretty close to none. Kerk is the logical next domino to fall, and if those big 3 go out, I think a punt is actually the smart move.

If CStar and Brooks don’t want to spend an extra year in college or to give up a year of eligibility then perhaps one or both could do the Kyle Snyder plan and wrestle an abbreviated schedule? It isn’t like they need to worry much about seeding. I am not sure that would be optimal if either was moving up a weight, but it appears to be a good option if they are staying at their current weights.

Yeah. Not sure where that hun h is coming from but that's a stretch to say the least
I had a discussion with a very knowledgeable High School insider talking about Desmond and chances PSU landing him. He mentioned that he had heard that Noto might have interest in transferring. He's normally pretty reliable. ??? I'm not sure how a second transfer would work.

I would bet if Carter doesn’t wrestle for the blue and white next year we have seen his last college match. But I would bet he goes for 4 next year.
I think Carter making the Oly team and medaling, is the only scenario where he doesn't go for #4 in blue and white. I don't see that happening. This Oly cycle is training for when he makes the Big move 4 years from now if he so chooses.

I think both Carter and AB will be wrestling next year for their 4th NCAA title, cementing their PSU legacy. I think AB will be at 197 and as Ski said earlier both will wrestle an abbreviated schedule. I believe they both have greater aspirations toward Olympic and World Championship medals.

How fortunate are we PSU wrestling fans to have this conversation?

I had a discussion with a very knowledgeable High School insider talking about Desmond and chances PSU landing him. He mentioned that he had heard that Noto might have interest in transferring. He's normally pretty reliable. ??? I'm not sure how a second transfer would work.
By chance is it Brock?

Reactions: nitlion6
By chance is it Brock?
Not Brock, someone that has been in the know on some of District 11 stuff. He was the guy that had Crookham going to Lehigh when he was junior. Speaking of that Lehigh, Rath is in their bullseye which makes sense because his Dad went there. I think Desmond situation will be more defined after this year and what weight he goes at.

I could be wrong, but I thought rules now require an athlete to sit out a year if they transfer a second time?
Yeah, that's my question. I think I remember seeing that on here somewhere, but I am not an expert on those rules.

I could be wrong, but I thought rules now require an athlete to sit out a year if they transfer a second time?

Yeah, that's my question. I think I remember seeing that on here somewhere, but I am not an expert on those rules.
Good questions. The new rule, adopted in April of 2021 allows a "ONE-TIME" transfer between Division 1 schools without penalty.

The language in that new legislation suggests that the rest of the transfer language in the rule book is still in play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random4598375
I would like to know that answer as well. Has anyone ever done that I wonder. I can't think of anybody who transferred twice. Interesting tidbit I must say.

I would like to know that answer as well. Has anyone ever done that I wonder. I can't think of anybody who transferred twice. Interesting tidbit I must say.
Gets complicated if moving from a 4-year to a 2-year school, or changing divisions. Generally, based on what I read this morning, a second transfer to another D1 school requires sitting a year. I'm sure there are exceptions, and can play what-if, but that's what I read as the basic rule.

Thought he was a club wrestler, and not rostered. Suriano comes to mind, but his journey started before the portal.
Walk-ons are fairly free to transfer to another school as a walk-on without sitting out.

Thought he was a club wrestler, and not rostered. Suriano comes to mind, but his journey started before the portal.
Suriano's second transfer was as a grad student. The discussion I remember on here was that if you transfer twice as an undergrad, you have to sit out for a year. Noto is not a grad transfer.

Lots of folks said Spencer was transferring to PSU too. It was always happening, until it didn't.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
May happen, but I'm not booking anything you say. Saw this gem on HR less than one week after I had a conversation with young Mr. Howard. Injuries may continue to plague the young man, but while the fire still burns and the doctors don't shut him down, he's still chasing his dream. True fans know better.

Psugo823: "Braeden Davis is the 125 for PSU next year. Howard's wrestling career is over unfortunately...injury prone kid."
Dr's are shutting him down right after his next injury which will be probably his next match.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT