ADVERTISEMENT

9/26: College Football games

Epic choke job.

The muffed onside kick recovery, for one. But the defensive philosophy to keep everything in front just gave Ehlinger -- who sucked all day -- plenty of time to find wide open dudes and just march up and down the field.

Gutless defensive play calling late for TT.

Reactions: AWS1022
Meanwhile, turning eastward to another clown conference........Miami looks pretty solid this year. Lots of talent -- they've always had it. Now with the dynamic transfer QB, they might making some noise in a shit ACC. They head to Clemson next, though.

In my ~30 years of watching college football, I saw something I'd never seen before just now in the Texas A&M vs. Vanderbilt game: a safety on a punt return.

Vandy punted -- the ball sailed into the end zone. Texas A&M's punt returner inexplicably fielded the punt at the back of the end zone and decided to return it. Instead of running north-south, he decided to run east-west to get outside the punt coverage. In doing so, one of his blockers blocked a Vandy gunner in the back. As such, because the foul occurred in the end zone, Vandy was awarded a safety.

Meanwhile, turning eastward to another clown conference........Miami looks pretty solid this year. Lots of talent -- they've always had it. Now with the dynamic transfer QB, they might making some noise in a shit ACC. They head to Clemson next, though.
Miami looks good and on the other hand, FSU is BAD.

So he has Texas in his top 10 and Texas A&M almost in his top 10. I mean, they were dominant in their 17-12 win at home against Vanderbilt.

I'd love to see a Red River tournament featuring Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. Just get the most overrated teams in the nation in one tournament and watch them underwhelm each other.

All that talent down there, and the two Texas teams still look like crap.

A&M will end up with at least four losses this season. They’re on par with Michigan and VaTech in their annual overrated ranking to begin the year.

The refs did all they could to make sure Texas won that game yesterday. The Big XII wanted to make sure they have someone in the playoff conversation before it turns October. I mean, can we just officially change the terminologyto the Power Four and the Group of Six? The Big XII should no longer be considered a Power five conference with what they’ve put out on the field.

A&M will end up with at least four losses this season. They’re on par with Michigan and VaTech in their annual overrated ranking to begin the year.

The refs did all they could to make sure Texas won that game yesterday. The Big XII wanted to make sure they have someone in the playoff conversation before it turns October. I mean, can we just officially change the terminologyto the Power Four and the Group of Six? The Big XII should no longer be considered a Power five conference with what they’ve put out on the field.

Now that Oregon is putting emphasis on defense and balance in offense -- and the way Cristobal is recruiting -- they'll be a legit contender. Clemson will continue to be a a contender. Miami is even showing glimpses of possibly getting back into the conversation.

But aside from them........the championship landscape is the SEC and the Big Ten.

I don’t know what to make of Klatt. Sometimes he’s very reasonable in his analysis. Then other times he says stuff like this.

Texas A&M barely survived, (at home), against powerhouse Vanderbilt 17-12.

Texas was gifted a 63-56 overtime win against a bad Texas Tech team. Tech gave up 2 TDs and a 2 point conversion in the last 3 minutes of the game to send it to OT where they then immediately gave up another quick TD for the loss. Texas gave up 56 points. They shouldn’t be anywhere near the top 10.

Auburn also struggled with Kentucky.....finally got to see that call of no touchdown for UK and it was just as bad as the Friermuth overturn last year

Auburn also struggled with Kentucky.....finally got to see that call of no touchdown for UK and it was just as bad as the Friermuth overturn last year

Yep. Instead of going into half up 14-8, UK goes into half down 8-7. And to get picked off at the end was a definite momentum swinger.

Auburn will be a load next year......particular if their big WR (Seth Williams) returns for his senior year. UK couldn't cover him at all. Nix makes some great throws and is very mobile, and that defense is very athletic. But Gus Malzahn seemingly finds a way to lose games he shouldn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT