ADVERTISEMENT

I honestly just don't understand the recruiting of Rogotzke - unless they saw something in Geog they don't like. Rogotzke is definitely the higher ranked recruit, so holding him off will probably be pretty hard.

after Hoffman, i got Shumate 184, geog 197. After Rogotzke redshirts - I think Geog transfers.
They recruited him because he's really good and the future is unknown. Why did PSU recruit Haines, Facundo, Barr, Sealey, Ryder, Fricchione, AND the Mirasola twins, all projected for 165-197? Our log jam is going to be even worse than theirs if everyone stays healthy and lives up to their recruiting.

Reactions: vhsalum
Am I allowed to admit I’m *slightly* worried about 2023? We win NCAAs by dominating in national champions and I’m not sure any of our guys are stone cold locks like I’ve thought in years past. RBY is close but beating Fix in three straight finals almost seems unfathomable. Starocci wrestles a lot of close matches. Brooks took an L this year. Dean has taken two L’s. Kerk could win or could lose to Parris/Cassioppi.

Meanwhile, I think Iowa wins at 125 and 141 and shows good AA depth otherwise.

On top of that, our guys aren’t scoring a lot of bonus points this year. But Spencer alone could score 10 bonus points.

I think we win, but I’m not sure it’s the lock that everyone else sees.

Do I need to delete this post?
I saw the orginal post on HR. Only correction is our friends on HR said Dean has 3 or 4 losses this year. We are in big trouble next month. I learned that PSU is struggling this year while Iowa is in great position to win nationals since they will have multiple NCs and everyone will AA. I'd say PSU is the "hunter" in March 😁

Last edited:
I saw the orginal post on HR. Only correction is our friends on HR said Dean has 3 our 4 losses this year. We are in big trouble next month. I learned that PSU is struggling this year while Iowa is in great position to win nationals since they will have multiple NCs and everyone will AA. I'd say PSU is the "hunter" in March 😁
We're doomed.

How do you see 184/197 shaking out once Hoffman is gone? You will have Rogotze, Geog, Shumate, and Bell off the top of my head. That’s a group of really tough kids all looking to man 2 spots. Who do you think wins out?
i see someone transferring in that group. Maybe 2?

🦡🦡🦡
screaming-groundhog.gif

125 Davis
133 Bartlett
141 Evans
149 Van Ness
157 Barraclaugh
165 Haines
174 Starocci
184 Barr/Ball
197 Brooks
Hwt Kerkvliet
Redshirt Facundo
I think a transfer is going at 125 or 133, didn't facundo red shirt already? Bartlett is not going down to 133. An don't give up on robbie Howard. Also can they get another year at Haines at 157?

I think a transfer is going at 125 or 133, didn't facundo red shirt already? Bartlett is not going down to 133. An don't give up on robbie Howard. Also can they get another year at Haines at 157?
Yeah, you can swap Haines for Facundo redshirting if they are both 165 next year since Facundo used his already. For the lightweights, it should be some combination of Howard, Davis, and any potential portal transfers (I do NOTO know who that might possibly be...).

I saw the orginal post on HR. Only correction is our friends on HR said Dean has 3 or 4 losses this year. We are in big trouble next month. I learned that PSU is struggling this year while Iowa is in great position to win nationals since they will have multiple NCs and everyone will AA. I'd say PSU is the "hunter" in March 😁
iowa haS some real idiot fans but those 2 on initiate contact take the cake,they said teske was right there with RBY and could have won and murin and assad will be winnning titles this yr!!LOL WTF

not sure I don't pay for it sometimes I can get it!I see the site at times on wrestle stat
by the way the F word well they use it often and I think the one guy sounds like he is hammered always says he likes to drink!LOL you would think he could wait till after the show!

125 Davis
133 Bartlett
141 Evans
149 Van Ness
157 Barraclaugh
165 Haines
174 Starocci
184 Barr/Ball
197 Brooks
Hwt Kerkvliet
Redshirt Facundo
Facundo has already used his redshirt, with that being said here is my prediction:

Davis
Howard
Bartlett (141 is clearing out a bit, he could be ranked #1 to start next season)
SVN
Haines
Facundo
Super-Starocci
Barr
Brooks
Kerk

This might actually be a better team than what they have this year.

Facundo has already used his redshirt, with that being said here is my prediction:

Davis
Howard
Bartlett (141 is clearing out a bit, he could be ranked #1 to start next season)
SVN
Haines
Facundo
Super-Starocci
Barr
Brooks
Kerk

I think we redshirt Barr and go Donovan Ball next year at 84.

Except that Donovan Ball came out with the seniors on senior night so I doubt he is back with the team next season.
I was about to mention that too--but RBY was also recognized on Senior Day last year . . .

Davis
Howard
SVN
Haines
Facundo
Super-Starocci
Barr
Brooks
Kerk

Does Real Woods have another year? If so, do you think Beau will finish better than Real this year giving him that #1 ranking going in to next year? I hope so, I bet Nashville Hawkeye that he will. Lol

Also I think you are the first I’ve seen project Davis at 125 and Howard 133. I never thought that but now that you predicted it I like it a lot.

Does Real Woods have another year? If so, do you think Beau will finish better than Real this year giving him that #1 ranking going in to next year? I hope so, I bet Nashville Hawkeye that he will. Lol

Also I think you are the first I’ve seen project Davis at 125 and Howard 133. I never thought that but now that you predicted it I like it a lot.
Woods is coming back, I need to remember to look up eligibility instead of making assumptions anymore. I also saw that Austin Gomez has another year.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I think we redshirt Barr and go Donovan Ball next year at 84.
They have so many upper weights coming in so I'm assuming they're going to use him like they did Haines this year. He'll dominate a couple open tournaments and then beat somebody good in a dual so he'll go.

Reactions: Ja1339
I'm just hoping PSU can qualify more than their returning champs.

Davis
Howard
SVN
Haines
Facundo
Super-Starocci
Barr
Brooks
Kerk

Expect transfers at 125/33 and 197. Hoping Howard fits in at 125 or 33. Davis is a RS as are the other incoming FR. Nobody will bump up. Star, Brooks, and Kerk will produce and the three freshmen will be even better next year as will Bartlett.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT