ADVERTISEMENT

2023 US Open

Carter looks super compromised. He has no movement from neutral. Sucks. Hope his knee isnt injured too bad but it didn’t look good
Well he finished the match so let's put a temporary halt to the declaration of his career being over.

Wow, what a reshot by Brooks! He was dead to rights when Marky came out the back, but Aaron is so slick!

Cox is without a doubt my favorite non-PSU guy of all time
He's my avatar, in a picture with my son. He truly is as nice a guy as they portray him to be!

In fact, my daughter calls him "my best friend, J'Den" because he spent 30 mins before a clinic doing gymnastics/dance with her. Got to have breakfast with him the next morning and the man is genuine!

So people are now saying the Bartlett Lee score was wrong?
It was 10-10 but both had 4 point moves and Lee scored last. He should have won on criteria. Pretty sure they just got it wrong on the mat. Flo shows Lee moving on to the finals

It was 10-10 but both had 4 point moves and Lee scored last. He should have won on criteria. Pretty sure they just got it wrong on the mat. Flo shows Lee moving on to the finals
This is correct.

Carter looks super compromised. He has no movement from neutral. Sucks. Hope his knee isnt injured too bad but it didn’t look good
It looked to me that he came into the tournament with the injury. He looked gimpy in earlier matches. Definitely not at 100%.

You know, when I was watching it, and it ended 10-10 and thought Lee won. When they (at the time) declared Beau the winner, my first reaction was that I still do not understand freestyle.
I thought Lee won too but in freestyle you never know. Look at the Joseph v Shields match, I still don't get why Cenzo was on the clock and that late two for Shields made zero sense to me.

Odd stuff from Steveson at the end, not sure it was warranted. I guess he's carrying over his WWE persona to the mat.

I somehow missed the extra C1 for Lee. Nothing against Nick but that’s horrible. Ref inserting himself in a match and making the decision.
I thought the whole match was officiated really poorly. I think if it wasn’t PSU on PSU bricks would’ve been thrown multiple times. Tough loss for Beau but he showed he belongs. Hopefully Nick can be less sloppy tomorrow and beat McKenna

Reactions: udt012
One thing I noticed is that the college guys seem to be in much better shape. Coming off a long season they seem battle tested and in great shape. The senior guys only compete sporadically and it seems like they aren’t in the same kind of shape. 2 examples are Nolf and Nick Lee. Both of those guys use pace as a weapon but Beau and O’Toole both seemed to be in better shape and pushed hard in the second period

Carter looked hurt and his leg was wrapped where it hadn’t been during the season. He moves and fakes so much from neutral and against Ringer he couldn’t do it. No power penetrating off that leg either. I hope it’s nothing serious. Wonder how this result affects his decision for next season

It was 10-8 beau. Nick walked him out and Beau let him. 1pt step out 1pt caution. That tied the score and on criteria, it went to the fact that Beau had a caution and he lost. horrible way to lose. The mat scorekeeper charged the caution to Nick, so it appeared that Beau won - incorrectly.

One thing I noticed is that the college guys seem to be in much better shape. Coming off a long season they seem battle tested and in great shape. The senior guys only compete sporadically and it seems like they aren’t in the same kind of shape. 2 examples are Nolf and Nick Lee. Both of those guys use pace as a weapon but Beau and O’Toole both seemed to be in better shape and pushed hard in the second period

Carter looked hurt and his leg was wrapped where it hadn’t been during the season. He moves and fakes so much from neutral and against Ringer he couldn’t do it. No power penetrating off that leg either. I hope it’s nothing serious. Wonder how this result affects his decision for next season
He will be fine

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT