ADVERTISEMENT

2023 US Open

And that’s the last match Kirk Ferentz is letting him wrestle
Funny but true. If I was Ferentz I wouldn’t want him wrestling. Especially now when it’s spring practice for football. That’s an important time for an incoming freshman but I’m guessing that he didn’t enroll early so can’t be practicing with the team?

Reactions: hlstone
Chamizo is ranked ahead of Nolf as well.

Narrator:
[Admits he didn't read the rankings & would rather insist on blind homerism]
Jason has had so few international matches, But I think he’s jumped levels, and is right there with most of the best guys including Chamizo. it’s definitely homer spun by nature, put my hunches are often (sometimes?), right.

Jason has had so few international matches, But I think he’s jumped levels, and is right there with most of the best guys including Chamizo. it’s definitely homer spun by nature, put my hunches are often (sometimes?), right.
No harm in having an opinion.
I feel Nolf jumped levels as well.
I hope Nolf beats Dake.

But you can't claim he's "Top 3" in the world by ignoring 8 of the 9 guys ranked ahead of him and trusting a hunch. That's not analysis, that's being a homer.

Anyway, carry on.... LOL

I hope Nolf beats Dake.

But you can't claim he's "Top 3" in the world by ignoring 8 of the 9 guys ranked ahead of him and trusting a hunch. That's not analysis, that's being a homer.

Anyway, carry on.... LOL
Yeah. I see the claim a lot like claiming you have a world record in power lifting (... 3 ... 2 ... 1).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hlstone
I hope Nolf beats Dake.

Anyway, carry on.... LOL
I have become comfortable doing my analysis as a homer. Cael's guys somehow make me right more often than wrong.

Anyone willing to post a summary of what places at the Open qualify wrestlers for which next steps?

Not many big upsets. Just Beau's win and Pants' loss.

Did you think eddy was referring to his own pants?

lego-pants.gif

Wow I had 3 devices going. Trying to figure who is wrestling and what mat. I got to see all our guys but couldn't post scores.

Question: Will they wrestle semis all the same weight before moving to next weight? I need a device to watch NFL Draft too.

Wow I had 3 devices going. Trying to figure who is wrestling and what mat. I got to see all our guys but couldn't post scores.

Question: Will they wrestle semis all the same weight before moving to next weight? I need a device to watch NFL Draft too.
Go into floarena and set notifications for the guys you care about. They will text you a notification as soon as mat assignment is made.

Anyone willing to post a summary of what places at the Open qualify wrestlers for which next steps?
I can't remember of its US Open or WTTs.
But Top 3 gets you on Team USA / the world team.

Whichever weights a Team USA medalist returns,
the US Open winner goes to Final X to face them in Best of 3.
(Gillman, Yianni, ZainTrain, Dake, JB, DT, Snyder)

Other 3 weights (61, 92 & 125)
Winner of US Open gets a berth in Final X vs WTT winner.

Reactions: zzs006 and mcpat
I can't remember of its US Open or WTTs.
But Top 3 gets you on Team USA / the world team.

Whichever weights a Team USA medalist returns,
the US Open winner goes to Final X to face them in Best of 3.
(Gillman, Yianni, ZainTrain, Dake, JB, DT, Snyder)

Other 3 weights (61, 92 & 125)
Winner of US Open gets a berth in Final X vs WTT winner.

Pantaleo losing is huge. I thought he would win the weight fairly easily and face Zain for the world team spot. Zain making the team again just got a bit easier

Reactions: diggerpup
Who else has trouble routing for Nick Suriano? But Im pretty sure Spencer is going to beat him unless Spencer also had one of his lungs removed when they repaired that ACL.

Reactions: dbldoofus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT