ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session IV -- National Semis!

It's tournament time, so there are no moral victories. That said, it's hard not to feel pretty good about how Van Ness handled that match. He was so very close to winning it. Just would have really loved to see him sidetrack Yianni's attempt to to win four titles too.

You're telling the wrong people to "stay classy".We expect the wrestlers not to throw their headgear; she could've hurt somebody if her tantrum resulted in shattered stuff flying.
I'd actually be shocked if her hands weren't cut in that tirade. I have a God awful temperament and even I cringed at that. She has to know the lights are on them.

Obviously, you'd love to see Penn State lock up the team title tonight and I obviously want to see the Penn State wrestlers win their individual matches. That said, after seeing Lee get decked tonight, I feel like I'm going to be pretty happy when I go to bed no matter what happens the rest of the night.

Levi is really, really good. I’m sorry I ever doubted him. My KYPSW entry for B1Gs had him 5th.

Reactions: diggerpup
Shane got beat by something he does way too often in Neutral - he gets too vertical at times. Stands nearly straight up and down trying to fight off some of those Russian Ties, clenches & collar ties - he let's his opponents get way to close to him. He did it repeatedly in the match and got away with it until the second half of the 3rd but really paid for it as that was what allowed YD to body-lock him and take him to his back for the 6-point move.

• Haha
Reactions: PAwrestling
Humphreys is beating O’Connor?!?! Scoreboard shows 4-3 Humphreys but the announcers thought O’Connow won. Not sure what happened but O’Connor did win

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT