ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session IV -- National Semis!

**** did RBY have my heart beating. Why did he go under in the 3rd? Wasted a minute of time. Ended up not mattering but it seemed odd. I can’t think of a crazier start to a round than this one

Not really, that's absurd. Why would I not feel great for Ramos beating a prior multi-year Champ - he seems like a great kid????
After watching your posts the last few days I get it that you struggle with complex thought but a person can be happy for one wrestler and at the same time feel bad for the other. They are not mutually exclusive.

Why would RBY take down when riding time was going to go over a minute negating an escape? He threw away almost a minute of time. I swear coaches need some kind of decision card for choosing top, neutral or bottom like NFL coaches use for deciding whether to go for 2 or not.
Agree, that was not a good choice. Why waste time trying to get out when you were most likely giving up the riding time anyway. Thankfully it didn't cost him the match.

That is Alirez best takedown. He hits that all the time. It’s why he’s so good in freestyle because it leads straight to a lace

Flashbacks to PIAA finals when Disanto beat Lee in his last HS match… does he even go out there tomorrow morning? I hope he goes out and put his shoes on the center of the mat….
Honestly, that would be a shame. I hope he's able to get his knees well, get healthy, and see what he can do on the world stage. If he gets the spot, I can't wait to root for him!

Stay classy Penn State. Parents are proud and live it through their kids. We never like to see our kids not reach their goals.

Yep. I'm not a huge fan of Lee and I don't feel badly for him at all, but I'm not going to beat up on his mother for being totally dejected after that loss.

**** did RBY have my heart beating. Why did he go under in the 3rd? Wasted a minute of time. Ended up not mattering but it seemed odd. I can’t think of a crazier start to a round than this one
I didn’t understand taking bottom instead of neutral there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT