ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

Pretty interesting development - 247 #1 overall prospect Korey Foreman (former Clemson commit) released a Top 7 that includes Howard University. Worth mentioning a 5 Star hoops prospect recently committed to Howard.

Pretty interesting development - 247 #1 overall prospect Korey Foreman (former Clemson commit) released a Top 7 that includes Howard University. Worth mentioning a 5 Star hoops prospect recently committed to Howard.

I love to see it.

There's 0.1% chance he goes to Howard, and it makes much more sense in basketball than in football. But I'm glad to see kids considering that option rather than going straight to a football or basketball factory.

I love to see it.

There's 0.1% chance he goes to Howard, and it makes much more sense in basketball than in football. But I'm glad to see kids considering that option rather than going straight to a football or basketball factory.
Unlike basketball where he would still get to showcase against top teams multiple times a year plus possiblencaa tournament, football may give him only 1 opportunity a year top play against high level talent.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Unlike basketball where he would still get to showcase against top teams multiple times a year plus possiblencaa tournament, football may give him only 1 opportunity a year top play against high level talent.

Yep. 1 stud can carry a low/mid-major to the NCAA tournament and make some noise. Not really the case in football.

Plus, as a DE, he'd be practicing each and every day against FCS-level O-linemen, and competing against opposing FCS-level O-linemen. And not even top-tier FCS linemen. Not the best idea for improving his NFL readiness.

Looks like USC leads for him. Amazing how well Helton is recruiting given that he's essentially a dead man walking. But then, it's hard not to recruit well at a place like USC.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bison13
Yep. 1 stud can carry a low/mid-major to the NCAA tournament and make some noise. Not really the case in football.

Plus, as a DE, he'd be practicing each and every day against FCS-level O-linemen, and competing against opposing FCS-level O-linemen. And not even top-tier FCS linemen. Not the best idea for improving his NFL readiness.

Looks like USC leads for him. Amazing how well Helton is recruiting given that he's essentially a dead man walking. But then, it's hard not to recruit well at a place like USC.

Helton is pitching playing for James Franklin. :eek:

He just got a Michigan CB today.

Disgusts me to say it, but Michigan is building a really strong class. Overwhelming favorite for Donovan Edwards, trending for a 4* WR, and looking good for a few other 4* kids. Not that Jimmy will do anything with it, but they're on track for a borderline top-5 class.
Except beat Franklin and PSU, but right Not that jimmy will do anything with it.

Top 100 prospect Derrick Davis breaks down his top 7 & commitment timeline

https://n.rivals.com/news/top-100-prospect-derrick-davis-breaks-down-his-top-7-commitment-timeline

One thing that stood out from that interview:

On how he will pick a school: “One thing will be about how many times I've visited the school," Davis said. "What school really has my major or what I want to major in. The third one I guess will be how much I trust them.”

We've been recruiting this kid since he was 14 and he's been on campus like a dozen? times. + having the Terry Smith relationship in place. Fingers crossed.

One thing that stood out from that interview:

On how he will pick a school: “One thing will be about how many times I've visited the school," Davis said. "What school really has my major or what I want to major in. The third one I guess will be how much I trust them.”

We've been recruiting this kid since he was 14 and he's been on campus like a dozen? times. + having the Terry Smith relationship in place. Fingers crossed.

Reading too much into it, but boy he seems effusive of OSU and he had the least to say about Penn State, i'm sure it means nothing(seriously).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT