ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

Last edited:
Marcus Bradley, a Top247 DT, decommitted from Maryland today. He did hashtag #Money on his decommitment. Bradley was high on Penn State before Sean Spencer left for the NFL. It seems that Ohio State may be in the drivers seat ever since Tywone Malone eliminated Ohio State from consideration. Typical Maryland in-state recruiting, get the local Maryland guys committed fairly early and then they decommit late in the process. His high school teammate, Demoiun Robinson is still committed to Maryland but I'm sure that is iffy at this point.

Last edited:
Derrick Davis will announce his college commitment this Saturday, November 7th. Most of the CBs are on Penn State right now, but I'm sure the CBs will start to move this week as his choice gets leaked to the insiders/schools/media.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Derrick Davis will announce his college commitment this Saturday, November 7th. Most of the CBs are on Penn State right now, but I'm sure the CBs will start to move this week as his choice gets leaked to the insiders/schools/media.

This was posted weeks ago.

Tell me where I said that? We are talking about UMD on a PSU board. Why would I feel the need to mention other teams? SMH

Then your post makes zero sense. Penn State hasn’t had a decommit in months, SMH again.

I noticed that suddenly, MSU got all the crystal balls for 4* DT Rayshaun Benny. He was heavily favored to go to Michigan until this weekend, apparently.

Not saying Saturday's game changed his mind. AFter all, he seemed destined for UM but delayed his decision well before this weekend's game. But interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
A lot of Michigan fans think Harbaugh is gone after this season since his contract expires at the end of this season, which may or may not have any kind of impact on current commits or potential commits.
"Harbaugh, who signed a seven-year deal back in 2014, is contracted for the rest of the 2020 season and the entire 2021 campaign. He was reportedly negotiating an extension this past spring before COVID hit, but it never came to fruition. Michigan’s brass may have wound up saving the school a lot of money with that decision.

If Michigan decides it instead wants to move on from Harbaugh, it has two options. It can either wait until after the 2021 season, or it can figure out a way to buy him out beforehand."

"Harbaugh, who signed a seven-year deal back in 2014, is contracted for the rest of the 2020 season and the entire 2021 campaign. He was reportedly negotiating an extension this past spring before COVID hit, but it never came to fruition. Michigan’s brass may have wound up saving the school a lot of money with that decision.

If Michigan decides it instead wants to move on from Harbaugh, it has two options. It can either wait until after the 2021 season, or it can figure out a way to buy him out beforehand."

Good find on that article, it will be interesting to see how Michigan proceeds. But similar to a lot of the discussions on this board about Penn State's future, is Michigan going to be better off with Harbaugh or without Harbaugh?

Then your post makes zero sense. Penn State hasn’t had a decommit in months, SMH again.

Sadly, just wait and then sadly just wait until our awesome class of 22 starts to dwindle. CJF do a great job of identifying top notch kids early only to have them waiver.
So go stick your SMH up your ass.

Currently, Harbaugh is the only FBS coach with less than three years on his contract. Take it FWIW.
It’s pretty obvious that something is awry at Michigan. My pure guess? Michigan brass doesn’t think there’s any value in extending Harbs using the current deal as a baseline. If he was going to get canned, they’d do it already.

Harbs may be trying to play chicken in the hope of putting up a really strong season as negotiating leverage.

Starting to get a pretty bad feeling about this, but that may be because nothing has gone right this year.
One to watch...lose this one (Terry Smith walks on water at Gateway)...and it says a lot...and of course, who knows what the “love” LSU showed consisted of?...O$U won’t lose any sleep over his loss (other than they view 2x of their addition and our subtraction as a bonus).

Last edited:
In regards to Derrick Davis, Penn State has everything Ohio State has, except for being an elite team and having a coaching staff that has put DBs in the league. At Penn State, Davis could get early playing time versus standing in line at Ohio State. The previous poster was right in that Ohio State will not care if Davis spurns them for another team. Penn State needs Davis a lot more than Ohio State does. Is that enough for Davis to commit to Penn State?

In regards to Derrick Davis, Penn State has everything Ohio State has, except for being an elite team and having a coaching staff that has put DBs in the league. At Penn State, Davis could get early playing time versus standing in line at Ohio State. The previous poster was right in that Ohio State will not care if Davis spurns them for another team. Penn State needs Davis a lot more than Ohio State does. Is that enough for Davis to commit to Penn State?
Penn State has plenty of DBs in the league.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Penn State has plenty of DBs in the league.

When's the last time Penn State had a DB drafted in the first round?

Answer: Never

How many Penn State DBs have been drafted in the second round?

Answer: 2 (Bryan Scott 2003, Kim Herring 1997)

For comparison's sake, how many Ohio State DBs have been drafted in the first round this past decade?

Answer: 8.

PSU isn't exactly thought of as DB U for a reason. Kids want to get drafted in the first or second round for the $$$, they don't care that PSU has had some later round picks that have stuck around in the league like guys like Amos, etc.

When's the last time Penn State had a DB drafted in the first round?

Answer: Never

How many Penn State DBs have been drafted in the second round?

Answer: 2 (Bryan Scott 2003, Kim Herring 1997)

For comparison's sake, how many Ohio State DBs have been drafted in the first round this past decade?

Answer: 8.

PSU isn't exactly thought of as DB U for a reason. Kids want to get drafted in the first or second round for the $$$, they don't care that PSU has had some later round picks that have stuck around in the league like guys like Amos, etc.

Calm down, Nancy.

Reactions: PearlandLion
Reading their posts, it’s pretty obvious LionsDub And danville are O$U trolls.
I don't believe PSUNub 🤏 is a troll. ⬇️⬇️⬇️🙄

No, I am not a troll. But what I have found out is that the Ohio State insiders have a lot more "inside" information than the Penn State insiders. The Ohio State insiders seem to have more access to the coaching staff, players, and recruits. Since Ohio State and Penn State often recruit the same players, the information published by Ohio State insiders is often an indication as to where Penn State stands with regards to a recruit. BOOM is Ohio State's equivalent to WE ARE for Penn State, fyi.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT