ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

The staff turnover is playing a major role in the slow start, whether or not people are willing to admit it. When you lose close to 50% of your staff, including some of your best recruiters, there's going to be some challenges on the recruiting trail. We're playing from behind on a lot of these prospects. Especially on the offensive side of the ball.

I was never fan of Limegrover and think we upgraded, but he was the one with a years long relationship with Milum, Rucci, Tengwall, etc. You don't just pick up where you left off when you replace the guy.

Parker is the one who had the relationships with the WRs in the DMV, and all of those guys now seem trending elsewhere. The recent flurry of WR offers in FL recently is not a coincidence.

I'd imagine we'll see similar effects along the DL. A lot of these regional kids have been talking to Spencer for the past 3 years and now we're sliding in a guy that spent most of his time developing relationships in the south.

Reactions: 81b&w and TheGLOV
He didn’t say that, merely giving a possible reason why things are a little slow on the recruiting front.

ACtually he did say that.

I was never fan of Limegrover

Maybe we are starting slow because the staff wants to start slow. Didn't many of you complain the last few years when we struggled to keep early commits?

ACtually he did say that.

Maybe we are starting slow because the staff wants to start slow. Didn't many of you complain the last few years when we struggled to keep early commits?

You're taking my comment completely out of context. It's called reading comprehension.

Limegrover was pushed out for a better coach in Traut. It was the right move and PSU upgraded our OL coach. Even though he was pushed out, Limegrover still had a better relationship with our regional OL prospects. Traut doesn't have the benefit of that foundation and is being forced to work from behind.

It is what it is. Franklin will pull top 15 classes regardless.

Jordan Hancock (DB from Georgia) committed to Clemson, he got an offer from PSU early in his recruitment. Looked like a Ohio State locked then changed to Clemson.

v3ej4CcM

Big Ten Conference

✔@bigten

Big Ten cancels all conference and non-conference competitions through the end of the academic year and announces a moratorium on all on- and off-campus recruiting activities for the foreseeable future. https://bit.ly/2W83Bk9

Reactions: TheGLOV
Congrats on being the last one to hear about this.

Nice try. Another poor assumption.

But it should be posted here for anyone that does not live on this board as you do and that might come to this thread and be under the belief that there will be regular recruiting news this Spring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NCAA has instituted a temporary recruiting dead period that is set to last through April 15, at the earliest.

https://www.roarlionsroar.com/penn-...g-calendar-coronavirus-pandemic-nittany-lions

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT