ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

Pulled this from a PennLive article:

“Right now, we are coming up on the dead period in February, and I’m just taking time to map things out,” Rucci said. “I’m getting a lot of dates and trying to figure out what dates we can do in the spring.”

Rucci said he doesn’t have anything “locked in yet,” but he share some thoughts on Penn State that Nittany Lions’ fans will enjoy.

Rucci said he was familiar with new offensive line coach Phil Trautwein from a visit he took with his brother to Boston College. And, he said, Trautwein has already checked in on him at Warwick.

“I believe he’ll be with coach Franklin (Thursday),” Rucci said. “I’m starting to know him really well, and we are developing a relationship. I’m definitely excited to get back on campus.

“I love (Trautwein),” he added. “I really like the way he teaches the technique. Listening to him talk, everywhere you go guys teach different techniques with different philosophies, and not saying one is right or wrong, but they’re all different. I only know the way my dad (former Penn State and New England Patriots offensive lineman Todd Rucci) coaches, but I really like how coach Trautwein does it. And, just watching him at Boston College the past couple years, I was really impressed. Talking to him, he’s a great person, a great dude, and I’m excited to get to know him more.”

On the verge of a killer recruiting year for the O-Line?

Let's hope. I feel like getting 2 out of 3 of the top100 OTs would be a win.

Things look good with Tengwall right now.

The Rucci sweepstakes is going to be much more competitive than we'd want for an in-state legacy. The vibe seems to be that Clemson has some momentum.

Milum seems to like PSU but the local schools might have some pull here for him (VT/WVU).

Let's hope. I feel like getting 2 out of 3 of the top100 OTs would be a win.

Things look good with Tengwall right now.

The Rucci sweepstakes is going to be much more competitive than we'd want for an in-state legacy. The vibe seems to be that Clemson has some momentum.

Milum seems to like PSU but the local schools might have some pull here for him (VT/WVU).

I absolutely believe Limegrover is gone and Trautwein is here in large part because this OL class. By any objective measure Limegrover’s OL improves. He’s just not a great recruiter.

A little hyperbole there. A big day? Yes. Biggest in history? Not sure about that. LL has had plenty of big time players.

This is probably the biggest in history IMO. A close second was back in 1992 when Weidner, Albright and Lebanon Valley sent coaches to the Castle on the Hill to recruit a certain WR from Reading.
(sarcasm alert)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Pulled this from a PennLive article:

“Right now, we are coming up on the dead period in February, and I’m just taking time to map things out,” Rucci said. “I’m getting a lot of dates and trying to figure out what dates we can do in the spring.”

Rucci said he doesn’t have anything “locked in yet,” but he share some thoughts on Penn State that Nittany Lions’ fans will enjoy.

Rucci said he was familiar with new offensive line coach Phil Trautwein from a visit he took with his brother to Boston College. And, he said, Trautwein has already checked in on him at Warwick.

“I believe he’ll be with coach Franklin (Thursday),” Rucci said. “I’m starting to know him really well, and we are developing a relationship. I’m definitely excited to get back on campus.

“I love (Trautwein),” he added. “I really like the way he teaches the technique. Listening to him talk, everywhere you go guys teach different techniques with different philosophies, and not saying one is right or wrong, but they’re all different. I only know the way my dad (former Penn State and New England Patriots offensive lineman Todd Rucci) coaches, but I really like how coach Trautwein does it. And, just watching him at Boston College the past couple years, I was really impressed. Talking to him, he’s a great person, a great dude, and I’m excited to get to know him more.”

Great kid. Goes to HS with my daughter. Was at his game when Franklin came in like a rock star in a helicopter to watch the second half of the game. Would love to see him in blue and white, but skeptical me (without any inside info), thinks Wisconsin (where his brother is a TE) or Clemson are his likely spots.

Based on this site, a few more visitors this weekend:

3* ATH Jeff Davis Jr. from CT.
4* DE Aaron Armitage from NJ.
4* DT George Rooks from NJ.
4* OL Garret Dellinger from MI.

Based on this site, a few more visitors this weekend:

3* ATH Jeff Davis Jr. from CT.
4* DE Aaron Armitage from NJ.
4* DT George Rooks from NJ.
4* OL Garret Dellinger from MI.
HArbaugh was at Deli's (and Spindler's) school yesterday (according to my son) Those 2 big OL are Harbaugh's to lose, and have been for 2 years. We'll see what happens

Marc Spindler's kid coming to PSU? Put your hope somewhere else.
I worked with Marc many years ago and got to know him fairly well. I thought he played at West Virginia because I remember yellow and blue uniform on his old rookie football card I collected as a kid. Anyway, he wasn’t happy with that when I first met him but when I said I was a penn st guy he didn’t mind one bit. Of course this was early 2000s but he said he always respected Paterno and the program even being a Pitt guy.

I remember his wife bringing Rocco as an infant to work at times, crazy he’s a monster now playing right down the road. Looks just like his dad. The only thing I know about Marc is the guy is pretty arrogant about himself and I’m sure thinks son is the greatest so he won’t be going to Pitt lol

From the rivals homepage Terry Smith and Seider are two of the most dominating assistants on the recruiting trail right now. Having some troubles linking from mobile, I apologize.

Also, somewhat related, sounds like Tony Grimes enjoyed his visit and is building a really good relationship with Terry Smith. Long way to go there but we seem to be in a solid spot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT