ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Phillies Thread

Wheeler off tonight again. Mets 2-0 after 1.
I saw Wheeler pitch twice at Citi Field and he looked great, a solid pitcher. I was very disappointed when the Mets traded him. The Phillies signed a proven #2 pitcher!

Last season's offense was a fluke in a pandemic-shortened season. The offense right now looks worse than the pathetic 2019 offense. Too many holes in the lineup.

Nats probably very happy they did not match Harper's request to resign. Probably not unrelated that they won the World Series first year he was gone.

I missed it...but the postgame guys said he brought his A++ game today. 2 run support sounds about right for a Nola start.

Nola with a gem today, how good was that!
A masterpiece. Complete game 2-hitter with an efficient 109 total pitches.

Nola dominated the Cardinals with excellent command of his fastball and an unhittable curveball and changeup. He got 21 misses on 51 swings (41.2 percent) for the fifth-best whiff rate of his career. He struck out 10, nine of them swinging, for the 17th double-digit strikeout game of his career.

He allowed two hits.
Only seven balls left the infield.

Reactions: brupsu
First 6 innings beyond frustrating. 10 LOB and 0-8 with RISP. Giants still lead 2-0.

No offense out of CF or LF. And now with Didi down, hope it is minor. But may need to make some moves to add offense. OF's should be available.

Well Brogdon spits the bit and gives up a go ahead 3 run homer in the top of the 8th. Giants now lead 7-6. Phillies pitching has given up 4 HR’s tonight.

Bullpen implodes again today. Ruf hits a 3 run homer in the 7th. 4-4 Check that,
More hits and another run now down 5-4. Wowee

Last edited:
Harper ties the game with a HR in the 8th and easily scores the winning run in the 9th. Just wish he had touched the plate with his foot rather than reaching down to brush it with his fingers. Kind of silly.

Harper ties the game with a HR in the 8th and easily scores the winning run in the 9th. Just wish he had touched the plate with his foot rather than reaching down to brush it with his fingers. Kind of silly.
As long as the Phils win, Harper can touch the plate with his pecker for all I care. Now that would be silly!

Neris gives up a walk-off HR in the bottom of the 9th. The Rockies never lead in the game until that HR, as they down the Phightins, 5-4.

The Phils left too many guys on base when in scoring position.

Neris gives up a walk-off HR in the bottom of the 9th. The Rockies never lead in the game until that HR, as they down the Phightins, 5-4.

The Phils left too many guys on base when in scoring position.
What is this guy doing in the majors????
He’s terrible.

Reactions: whart
Interesting that while recognizing that the 5 teams have played between 16 and 20 games thus far, the entire NL East is currently within 1 game of one another.

His incident happened two yeas ago and he served a lengthy suspension because of it. Criminal charges were dropped. Should he be banned forever?? If not, is two years out of the majors enough of a punishment??
Charges were dropped because his girlfriend decided not to press charges. Didn't say he should be banned from MLB forever. Just a little conflicted about my team bringing him back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT