ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Phillies Thread

Velasquez should never see the field again. 1 good inning then 4 walks in the 7th and totally lost it. Time to move on from this mutt. Down 4-1 now, thanks Vince.
He should have never came back out in the 7th inning, but you have something there.

Ok watching the phils todau and caught some sporadic innings yesterday. Throughtout the game I'm hearing these coordinated high pitched "Whooooo, Whooooo" . Is this something new at the Bank or is tbis just something I've missed in the past.
Been going on for years now. Rick FLAIR... WHOOO! 🙄

Enjoy your garbage win!

tenor.gif

:p

Probably a gift win but I'm sure the Phillies (like the Mets a few days ago) have no intention of giving it back LOL

Probably a gift win but I'm sure the Phillies (like the Mets a few days ago) have no intention of giving it back LOL
In all fairness, it would have been tied if they got it right so there's no telling what could have happened but I'm still pissed. But who the ef is looking at these replays? Stevie flipping Wonder? 😬

I noted on the replay that the catcher did kinda block the plate with his knee-as I recall, blocking the plate is no longer allowed--but I'm not sure if it rose to that level.

In all fairness, it would have been tied if they got it right so there's no telling what could have happened but I'm still pissed. But who the ef is looking at these replays? Stevie flipping Wonder? 😬
NL East is gonna be a dogfight. Every team has a chance to win it. I cannot see any team getting a big lead in the division this year. I cringe every time Freddy Freeman bats against the Phillies as well as Acuna,Jr. Talented players. Atlanta has a knack, much like the Patriots, for restocking no matter what. Their scouting and minor league system perhaps the best in MLB. And if you are a Braves fan, then you will only get the cheap booze for the shot clock! :rolleyes: ;)

Phillies will win nothing with Neris as Closer, One way or the other Alvarado need to be the Closer.

Yeah, he seems to get low run support too.

Phillies score 3 runs in double-header. Ugh.
Mets are no better. Both Alanzo and Conforto are feast or famine hitters. God forbid an at bat produces a base hit. When’s the last time you saw a squeeze play to score a run or a bunt to move the runner into scoring position.

All in the name of analytics. Since I’m on my soapbox let me ask one more question. When the hell has a GM called a manger and requested a move or two during a game! I heard that Yankees GM Brian Cashman calls Aaron Boone in the dugout during games to suggest pitching changes!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT