ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Premier League thread

3-3 what a friggin choke job by Spurs. Wow. Crazy shot to tie it in last minute of ET.

I saw the match at a restaurant over brunch ( o_O ). Ridiculous final 19 minutes or so. Spurs still had a chance to win at the end. Just ridiculous.

Reactions: TheGLOV
You learn something new on this board every day.
At a really high level...

With soccer, the bet that Grant is talking about is a "money line" bet. If it's shown as a positive, that's how much you'd win on a bet of $100. So, since he said he played it at +600, that means he might have bet 100 to win 600 (or 20 to win 120, 50 to win 300, 3000 to win 18,000, etc). If the line is negative, that's how much you'd have to bet to win 100 on the game (for example, City is -240 to win tomorrow, so you'd need to bet 240 to win 100, or 60 to win 25, etc).

I have a buddy that is absolutely obsessed with Euro soccer and managers in particular (and a big Barca fan). His opinion is that Pep wears his teams out after about 3 years.
I pretty much avoid pro soccer outside of CONCACAF Champions League games (which I find to be extremely soft in spots)...when Pinny is willing to take mid-5 figures on what amounts to about dime lines, I know how sharp that market is and it's not something I'll beat long term. However, I have been playing more and more club soccer stuff that's mostly stuff, just looking for soft lines that I could have arb'd at Pinny (or another major book) if I wanted to.

Completely random story for you, but now that 5Dimes is closed, I feel more comfortable talking about it...their soccer halftime lines were sharp 99% of the time, but I'd pay attention to them as sometimes they'd make a mistake. I don't play bad lines in general since it usually doesn't end well (the book will boot you, or even worse freeroll the play and just cancel it when it wins). But some of their stuff was so obscure that I wondered if anyone else would even catch it...about 3 years ago, during a u20 World Cup game, they have a halftime line up on France that was really bad (think France was up like 2-0 at the time in a game they were heavily favored in at the start, and they had them for the game at something like -1 and even money, when it obviously was meant to be -3 and even money). Plus, their limits on those halftime lines were usually 1k, but someone must have messed up and set it at 10k. It was about 2:30am and I wondered if I could sneak by with it since how many other people could really be hitting it in the 10 minutes it was up at that time of night, so I believe I played it for like 9.8k, figuring it was less than the max in case that set-off an alarm. France ended up winning 3-0, it was graded a win, and Tony never said a word.

I pretty much avoid pro soccer outside of CONCACAF Champions League games (which I find to be extremely soft in spots)...when Pinny is willing to take mid-5 figures on what amounts to about dime lines, I know how sharp that market is and it's not something I'll beat long term. However, I have been playing more and more club soccer stuff that's mostly stuff, just looking for soft lines that I could have arb'd at Pinny (or another major book) if I wanted to.

Completely random story for you, but now that 5Dimes is closed, I feel more comfortable talking about it...their soccer halftime lines were sharp 99% of the time, but I'd pay attention to them as sometimes they'd make a mistake. I don't play bad lines in general since it usually doesn't end well (the book will boot you, or even worse freeroll the play and just cancel it when it wins). But some of their stuff was so obscure that I wondered if anyone else would even catch it...about 3 years ago, during a u20 World Cup game, they have a halftime line up on France that was really bad (think France was up like 2-0 at the time in a game they were heavily favored in at the start, and they had them for the game at something like -1 and even money, when it obviously was meant to be -3 and even money). Plus, their limits on those halftime lines were usually 1k, but someone must have messed up and set it at 10k. It was about 2:30am and I wondered if I could sneak by with it since how many other people could really be hitting it in the 10 minutes it was up at that time of night, so I believe I played it for like 9.8k, figuring it was less than the max in case that set-off an alarm. France ended up winning 3-0, it was graded a win, and Tony never said a word.
I'm sure the Euro pro soccer lines are as sharp as NFL lines. I dabble for small amounts for fun.

Wow. Great story. A bad line compounded by a bad limit. I assume they still didn't catch it before the second half started.

Speaking of bad lines, Bovada put out Biden at -160 on Sunday night. Just waiting to arb with Trump when he gets high enough.

Not sure if you've seen it yet, but story on Tony....https://victoryjournal.com/stories/five-dimes/

Reactions: TheGLOV
I'm sure the Euro pro soccer lines are as sharp as NFL lines. I dabble for small amounts for fun.

Wow. Great story. A bad line compounded by a bad limit. I assume they still didn't catch it before the second half started.

Speaking of bad lines, Bovada put out Biden at -160 on Sunday night. Just waiting to arb with Trump when he gets high enough.

Not sure if you've seen it yet, but story on Tony....https://victoryjournal.com/stories/five-dimes/
Yea, NFL is another sport I don't touch on straight lines, but will play basic-strategy teasers, props that are mispriced, etc.

They never caught that bad line at all...it's such a small time window and really, who else is hitting u20 Halftime plays in the middle of the night? (which of course raises the question of why they even put them up, but they'd put up anything)

I had so much on tied up in the election at 5D before they went dark, and all of it was obviously at so much better than what's available right now. However, I still did reinvest some of it. The odds are still ridiculously off from what they should be at.

I haven't seen story yet, but will definitely read it later tonight. He was always a pretty big ahole, but I never had any really bad dealings with him (plus I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy).

Reactions: Grant Green

West Ham hanging tough!

1-1 - HT

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT