ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

How about we let Coach Franklin and Staff be the judge of both the talent and character of these young men. PSU people should be well aware of the unfair lies posted on the internet. just sayin'...
In the end, that's how it's going to be, anyway. Might as well save ourselves time and agitation by taking your advice.

https://247sports.com/college/missi...on-a-look-at-his-rise-as-a-prospect-116823722

QB Shrader down to PSU, South Carolina, Miss St. His Dad played ball at The Citadel in South Carolina.

The opportunity to play for the Nittany Lions is still attractive.

“A great program, a Top10 program right now,” Shrader said. “I think Coach (Ricky) Rahne, he did a great job in the bowl game (calling plays in the win over Washington) and he’s going to continue to do a great job. They had a good recruiting class this year so I think that will help them out. All they need is another 2019 quarterback in the class and figuring out who their guy is going to be after Tommy Stevens.”

https://247sports.com/college/missi...on-a-look-at-his-rise-as-a-prospect-116823722

QB Shrader down to PSU, South Carolina, Miss St. His Dad played ball at The Citadel in South Carolina.

The opportunity to play for the Nittany Lions is still attractive.

“A great program, a Top10 program right now,” Shrader said. “I think Coach (Ricky) Rahne, he did a great job in the bowl game (calling plays in the win over Washington) and he’s going to continue to do a great job. They had a good recruiting class this year so I think that will help them out. All they need is another 2019 quarterback in the class and figuring out who their guy is going to be after Tommy Stevens.”

“His ability to make plays, his playmaking skills are tremendous, better than anybody we’ve ever had,” Estep said.

Shrader is currently visiting Mississippi State. He’s been to South Carolina numerous times over the last couple months and wants to return for the spring game. He’s a top target at Penn State.

“I want to be around a good group of guys,” he said regarding his decision, one that could come in a week or a couple months. There is no timetable. “I just want to be around good genuine people that share the same goals for me and just want to be somebody. The school, do I like the people there. Distance doesn’t really matter to me.Is it a pretty campus, is it a good fan base there, what are the students like socially and politically?”

Shrader knows a great deal about his finalists. He visited Penn State again this past weekend where he basically got the day in the life of a Nittany Lions football program. He’s camped there and attended big games there. When Moorhead was the offensive coordinator at Penn State, Shrader was close to committing to him.

“I was getting warm,” he said.

Moorhead is now obviously the head coach at Mississippi State making the Bulldogs real attractive, but the opportunity to play for the Nittany Lions is still attractive.

This week’s visit to Mississippi State is big for Shrader as he spends the night with the players to get a better feel for his fit in the locker room. He’s already done that with the Gamecocks.

“Coach Moorhead and his staff that he’s got there,” Shrader said of what stands out. “I’m interested to see what they do this year. I know Coach Moorhead is bringing in his offense and he has a good group of guys around him now. Once they start getting their recruits, they’ll take that program to the next level.”

South Carolina has become the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite.

“SEC football, close to home,” Shrader said. “Coach Muschamp is a great coach. Coach (Dan) Werner and Coach BMac (Bryan McClendon), they all run a tight ship. They’re changing the offense a little bit. They’re going to be more aggressive this year. All the schools I’m looking at are pro-style pass games with the spread run game. Coach Werner is really bringing that in and implementing and installing that in their offense.”

Reactions: TheGLOV
“His ability to make plays, his playmaking skills are tremendous, better than anybody we’ve ever had,” Estep said.

Shrader is currently visiting Mississippi State. He’s been to South Carolina numerous times over the last couple months and wants to return for the spring game. He’s a top target at Penn State.

“I want to be around a good group of guys,” he said regarding his decision, one that could come in a week or a couple months. There is no timetable. “I just want to be around good genuine people that share the same goals for me and just want to be somebody. The school, do I like the people there. Distance doesn’t really matter to me.Is it a pretty campus, is it a good fan base there, what are the students like socially and politically?”

Shrader knows a great deal about his finalists. He visited Penn State again this past weekend where he basically got the day in the life of a Nittany Lions football program. He’s camped there and attended big games there. When Moorhead was the offensive coordinator at Penn State, Shrader was close to committing to him.

Moorhead is now obviously the head coach at Mississippi State making the Bulldogs real attractive, but the opportunity to play for the Nittany Lions is still attractive.

This week’s visit to Mississippi State is big for Shrader as he spends the night with the players to get a better feel for his fit in the locker room. He’s already done that with the Gamecocks.

“Coach Moorhead and his staff that he’s got there,” Shrader said of what stands out. “I’m interested to see what they do this year. I know Coach Moorhead is bringing in his offense and he has a good group of guys around him now. Once they start getting their recruits, they’ll take that program to the next level.”

“SEC football, close to home,” Shrader said. “Coach Muschamp is a great coach. Coach (Dan) Werner and Coach BMac (Bryan McClendon), they all run a tight ship. They’re changing the offense a little bit. They’re going to be more aggressive this year. All the schools I’m looking at are pro-style pass games with the spread run game. Coach Werner is really bringing that in and implementing and installing that in their offense.”

How long does the shine last for JoMo? I can’t imagine he’ll be better that Mullen.

he must be talking about a different Will Muchamp ...

I wonder what they would do if Brisker, Cine, Hellams, Wilson, Rudolph, and Cross wanted to commit. Wilson and Rudolph are probably corners with Ellis, and Hellams is an option at WR. Great problem to have, but I wonder if they'd so no to any of them?
Hellams has a recent CB to Clemson

Yep.

I think they have until sometime in June (somewhere around there, whatever the NCAA "count day" is. Probably sometime around when the incoming freshman report for summer session - which almost all of them now do - IIRC).
The most likely spots to open are probably from guys who don't have 2019 elgibility anyway, at least one of the spots, which only further compounds the 2019 available scholarship problem.

I have no doubt they'll have a bunch of NFL departures after this season, being that McGovern is being mocked in the first round already, but yea it won't be a huge class.

Yep.

I think they have until sometime in June (somewhere around there, whatever the NCAA "count day" is. Probably sometime around when the incoming freshman report for summer session - which almost all of them now do - IIRC).

Rosters have to meet NCAA guidelines before pre-season practices begin in August.

Reactions: stormingnorm
I wonder what they would do if Brisker, Cine, Hellams, Wilson, Rudolph, and Cross wanted to commit. Wilson and Rudolph are probably corners with Ellis, and Hellams is an option at WR. Great problem to have, but I wonder if they'd so no to any of

If you check out Brisker's video highlights, you will know why he is blowing up. He hits like a freight train, has decent speed and good coverage skills. I also think he i bigger than advertised.

No. A team cannot have more than 85 players on scholarship at any given point in time.

Good clarification.

The problem for some teams has been over signing LOIs, that would put the team over the 85 or 25 limits. If those gluts still exist prior to pre-season practice, they need to be resolved when the scholarships are actually finalized.

There must be loopholes. Can you give kids non football scholarships and say you kept your promise?

You can. Most common "excuse" given is for medical reasons. Amazing how many kids can have career-ending injuries so fast.

Reactions: bdgan
Good clarification.

The problem for some teams has been over signing LOIs, that would put the team over the 85 or 25 limits. If those gluts still exist prior to pre-season practice, they need to be resolved when the scholarships are actually finalized.

"LOI limits" really don't mean crap despite all of the huffing and puffing by the conferences and NCAA.. Limits are measured by timing of enrollment.

"LOI limits" really don't mean crap despite all of the huffing and puffing by the conferences and NCAA.. Limits are measured by timing of enrollment.

Yup.

Many people don’t understand the difference between the number of LOIs and the firm requirements for the scholie limits at all times.

John Metchie picked up an Alabama offer yesterday. Big time prospect that is still 100% PSU crystal ball as of now.
I think with the way PSU & Georgia are recruiting, Alabama is getting a little antsy in their recruiting. Unfortunately Bama plays Georgia like once every 4 or 5 years, so Georgia is more of a Championship game threat rather than an in season scheduled threat.

Definitely a slower recruiting season, at his time last year the 2018 recruiting thread was into page 56 with 2200 posts (compared to 30/1200)...... that's all .... carry on

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT