ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Super 32 Thread

Busiello is the king of stoppage time. Makes viewing his matches very difficult at times.

Busiello lost to Serrano 5-2 and DNP.

That match should've been the finals, not the blood round.

Busiello won't get #7, loses 8-5 to Blair's Shayne Van Ness.

He gave up his leg in neutral easily and paid for that twice. Managed to get a reversal and some back points late in the second to tie it 4-4. Then got taken down in the third and couldn't scramble his way out of it. My overall sense is that he likes to try complicated things in matches that are typically only going to work against lesser competition. Style points don't carry over when you don't get your hand raised.

If true, I like it anyway and he will fit well in the room. Sounds like a Nickal/Nolf attitude.

Reactions: Dogwelder
It looked like the right knee again for Busiello. I'm concerned for the kid. I think it's been a chronic problem. When I saw him wrestle at the Grapple at the Garden NY/NJ all-star match (I think 3 years ago), that knee (iirc) was heavily wrapped and obviously affecting him.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Bartlett with 3 points in his final two matches.

Goggles. Comment?

Ha, I was waiting for that. I am still a huge fan, and think he would be a great get for us. He has got great pretentious II think Cael can really develope him. That tourney is a meat grinder. I agree though that I wasn't wowed by his offense in the late matches, it seemed he was comfortable trying to avoid mistakes. That needs correction but I have seen him much more aggressive late in other tourneys. I was realy impressed with the kid who beat him and admittedly I don't know a lot about him. Athletic and great in scrambles. I was expecting a Hilegas vs Bartlett final but D''emellio took him out too in the semis, granted via medical forfeit. "D" is definitely one to keep and eye on.

As for some others: Anderson was a huge disappointment. The kids looks soft and under conditioned. When is the last time you've seen a pot belly on a 150 highschooler? He is built short and think but lacks definition even in his arms. He can dominate kids physically and with pace, but lost several matches to kids who are just better 'atheletes', and his tank was empty during several of them. I don't think he will keep his #1 ranking this year, there just is something off with that kid. I sense another Chance Marsteller near elite but peaked in HS scenario playing out.

Amos was super impressive. Great strength, huge motor, very aggressive. I have heard on the boards, Cael is sniffing around him a little. I hope so. He would be an awesome 220 in college, I wish they would add that weight. He is one who moved up on my board even with Seth in the fold.

Ha, I was waiting for that. I am still a huge fan, and think he would be a great get for us. He has got great pretentious II think Cael can really develope him. That tourney is a meat grinder. I agree though that I wasn't wowed by his offense in the late matches, it seemed he was comfortable trying to avoid mistakes. That needs correction but I have seen him much more aggressive late in other tourneys. I was realy impressed with the kid who beat him and admittedly I don't know a lot about him. Athletic and great in scrambles. I was expecting a Hilegas vs Bartlett final but D''emellio took him out too in the semis, granted via medical forfeit. "D" is definitely one to keep and eye on.

As for some others: Anderson was a huge disappointment. The kids looks soft and under conditioned. When is the last time you've seen a pot belly on a 150 highschooler? He is built short and think but lacks definition even in his arms. He can dominate kids physically and with pace, but lost several matches to kids who are just better 'atheletes', and his tank was empty during several of them. I don't think he will keep his #1 ranking this year, there just is something off with that kid. I sense another Chance Marsteller near elite but peaked in HS scenario playing out.

Amos was super impressive. Great strength, huge motor, very aggressive. I have heard on the boards, Cael is sniffing around him a little. I hope so. He would be an awesome 220 in college, I wish they would add that weight. He is one who moved up on my board even with Seth in the fold.
This is hard to read.

D'Emilio did not take out Hillegas -- Hillegas did not compete in their match, defaulted out of the tourney with an injury. BTW, D'Emilio is headed to Columbus.

Anderson did not get out-athleted by Amine -- he scored the only offensive points of the match and got totally hosed on a stall call. Amine retreated to the edge, and his last step out of bounds got Anderson dinged for "pushing him out." BS.

This is hard to read.

D'Emilio did not take out Hillegas -- Hillegas did not compete in their match, defaulted out of the tourney with an injury. BTW, D'Emilio is headed to Columbus.

Anderson did not get out-athleted by Amine -- he scored the only offensive points of the match and got totally hosed on a stall call. Amine retreated to the edge, and his last step out of bounds got Anderson dinged for "pushing him out." BS.

Superioriry complex mutch? I have opinions and if you don't like them much just move on, but at least be accurate if you're going to pop off.

What part of and I quote "D''emellio took him out too in the semis, granted via medical forfeit" did you not get, or were you too quick to the poison pen to finish that sentence.

Hillegas got taken down by "D", it was 2-0 and then he injury forfeited. I think it may have been an abdominal pull from an earlier match. Go watch the video before popping off.

And if you want to stay on the Anderson band wagon, great maybe you to can share a donut together, but I can tell you Cael will be all over his conditioning if he comes our way.

And if you want to stay on the Anderson band wagon, great maybe you to can share a donut together, but I can tell you Cael will be all over his conditioning if he comes our way.
At least be accurate if you're going to pop off.

Superioriry complex mutch? I have opinions and if you don't like them much just move on, but at least be accurate if you're going to pop off.

What part of and I quote "D''emellio took him out too in the semis, granted via medical forfeit" did you not get, or were you too quick to the poison pen to finish that sentence.

Hillegas got taken down by "D", it was 2-0 and then he injury forfeited. I think it may have been an abdominal pull from an earlier match. Go watch the video before popping off.

Anderson has looked that way since I first saw him at 12 and thought "how the hell did he make the finals?" And probably before.

Hes not out of shape nor is he weak or unathletic.

He doesn't cut weight for a preseason event - last year he went up 2 weight classes from where he registered - and was a poor ref (not the only one I saw, they must have used a bunch of NC guys) away from making the finals.

He's fun to watch, a stud and will make you eat your words before long - like hes done to many before, including me.

Reactions: danoftw
Anderson has looked that way since I first saw him at 12 and thought "how the hell did he make the finals?" And probably before.

Hes not out of shape nor is he weak or unathletic.

He doesn't cut weight for a preseason event - last year he went up 2 weight classes from where he registered - and was a poor ref (not the only one I saw, they must have used a bunch of NC guys) away from making the finals.

He's fun to watch, a stud and will make you eat your words before long - like hes done to many before, including me.
Stop that. I don't have enough donuts to share with Anderson and you.

appreciate your passion for hs wrestling but damn, this is horrible analysis.

i disagree with about every opinion, there's factual errors, and you don't know who committed where.

talk less, view more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT