ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

The Duzz is trying to sell Raines on being the leader of the entirely theoretical 2018 Pitt class. Does Duzz know he's allowed to begin adding verbals for 2018? Maybe no one told him.

He realizes they are on their death bed in their own back yard. This is his last gasp. When we get Raines, I will rejoice to the heavens: We will have broken them in their last natural habitat: Quips.

He realizes they are on their death bed in their own back yard. This is his last gasp. When we get Raines, I will rejoice to the heavens: We will have broken them in their last natural habitat: Quips.

See, but Duzz is pulling ELITE LIGHTNING SPEED recruits from Florida. He doesn't need Western PA anymore.

Reactions: trz103
In days of old a Quip kid would be considered a Pitt automatic. It would be good to break up that old belief. Would we take both Raines and Young, assuming we had the opportunity? I guess it's possible that Raines could turn out to be an OLB eventually.

Reactions: TheGLOV
In days of old a Quip kid would be considered a Pitt automatic. It would be good to break up that old belief. Would we take both Raines and Young, assuming we had the opportunity? I guess it's possible that Raines could turn out to be an OLB eventually.
Yes. Humphries and Young could both be corners if the coaches wanted. Humphries was already working out there recently.

Hyattsville, Md, DeMatha Catholic three-star defensive end John Morgan who is arriving Sunday night and will spend Monday, an off day for most high schools to celebrate Presidents Day, seeing the sights and sounds at University Park with his family.
"My mother has never been on campus, [and] I want to look into my major and talk to some people in the department," Morgan told PennLive. "Finally, I want to see things when everyone is not on campus [because of the school being closed for the holiday]."
BTW this is the stuff you do when you are about to commit. Which while he might not have been ready before, the JR day list may be forcing his hand to get his mom up there and to sign off on committing now and saving his spot before more top talent from all over come up next week. Maybe not warm up the bat signal, but the operators should at least be on call.

BTW this is the stuff you do when you are about to commit. Which while he might not have been ready before, the JR day list may be forcing his hand to get his mom up there and to sign off on committing now and saving his spot before more top talent from all over come up next week. Maybe not warm up the bat signal, but the operators should at least be on call.

Penn State is definitely his best offer. Wouldn't surprise me.

I'd take Young over Raines.

Let the Pitt fans trumpet all they want about beating us for Raines.

Our 2018 class will speak for itself.

This is one of these perception things like pulling Wade from Clairton. Young looks like the better prospect but Raines would be HUGE in terms of Western PA recruiting. It's not what it used to be, but the WPIAL has 5 or six four star recruits or better annually. They should all go to PSU.

This is one of these perception things like pulling Wade from Clairton. Young looks like the better prospect but Raines would be HUGE in terms of Western PA recruiting. It's not what it used to be, but the WPIAL has 5 or six four star recruits or better annually. They should all go to PSU.

Young is listed at 5'10" 180. Raines at 6'3" 190. Different players. I want them both. Raines could fill that box safety role that Marcus Allen does on occasion.

It's possible Raines is overrated because he plays for Aliquippa. I saw one of their games last season and was very unimpressed with Raines. Of course, it was only one game.

Has he seen their offense under this regime. My god. That's the last place I'd go if I were Fields
Most of these recruits are savy enough to know who they are talking to. They aren't going to bash anyone in most cases. There is a long way to go with Fields, but this staff knows they have to fight to keep everyone of their commits. There is no doubt the southern schools are going to make a HARD push for Fields. Hopefully the staff can keep him onboard.

Word down south is that Florida was always Fields' "dream school" growing up - huge Tebow fan. Not many in his circle expected him to blow up as much as he has over the last year so it is believed that he will re-evaluate his recruitment especially with Florida. Not that any of you care about any outsiders' opinions, but it is doubtful that he signs a LOI with a school in the north. TIFWIW

Word down south is that Florida was always Fields' "dream school" growing up - huge Tebow fan. Not many in his circle expected him to blow up as much as he has over the last year so it is believed that he will re-evaluate his recruitment especially with Florida. Not that any of you care about any outsiders' opinions, but it is doubtful that he signs a LOI with a school in the north. TIFWIW

LMAO.... UhHuh.... post #15 come on buddy if you're going to troll at least bring some heat dear lord this is truly a piss poor effort.... epic fail

Reactions: royboy
No trolling here. Again, I stated TIFWIW. You can look at my past 15 posts on this board and see that I informed you all of the Rivers decommit in early December and how it would play out. I don't claim to be a recruiting insider but I hear some things from national guys from time to time. I only post on team's boards when I hear some intel. I'll leave this thread alone unless I hear something else in the future. Sorry to ruffle any feathers.

No trolling here. Again, I stated TIFWIW. You can look at my past 15 posts on this board and see that I informed you all of the Rivers decommit in early December and how it would play out. I don't claim to be a recruiting insider but I hear some things from national guys from time to time. I only post on team's boards when I hear some intel. I'll leave this thread alone unless I hear something else in the future. Sorry to ruffle any feathers.
Okay, with your caveat of "take it for what is it worth", let's look briefly here:

What advantage does the University of Florida have that Penn State does not have?
Fan support?
Tradition?
2016 success?
2017 outlook?
recruiting momentum?
conference rivalries and quality?
quality of education including graduation rates?
offensive schemes?
personality of the head coach?

Feel free to identify the Florida strong points in this discussion.

Some PSU fans still have traumatic shock from the Sandusky/NCAA debacle and are pessimistic about recruiting battles, but the football giant is awake and can compete with any traditional power, on the field or on the the recruiting scene.

When Fields stops promoting the '18 recruiting class I'll start paying attention. Good advice for you as well.

Okay, with your caveat of "take it for what is it worth", let's look briefly here:

What advantage does the University of Florida have that Penn State does not have?
Fan support?
Tradition?
2016 success?
2017 outlook?
recruiting momentum?
conference rivalries and quality?
quality of education including graduation rates?
offensive schemes?
personality of the head coach?

Feel free to identify the Florida strong points in this discussion.

Some PSU fans still have traumatic shock from the Sandusky/NCAA debacle and are pessimistic about recruiting battles, but the football giant is awake and can compete with any traditional power, on the field or on the the recruiting scene.
Add that Georgia is Florida's traditional rival. An elite Georgia player going to Florida wouldn't be received well, I don't think. Regardless, there's a long way to go.

Reading between the lines, he has a subscription to one of the recruiting sites. The Florida "insiders"/fan boys who can not believe anyone would turn down the Gators think UF will make a run and Fields will inevitably flip. That is the info he has.

Reactions: Judge Smails
Hey guys - I'm not even a fan of either Georgia/Florida. I'm a South Carolina grad and don't even have a horse in this race. I follow (national) recruiting very closely and am fortunate enough to know some guys that do this for a living and have some sources. Just passing along some info, I'll leave it at that.

Also, if I remember correctly Dylan Rivers was pretty pro-psu on Twitter leading up to signing day - watch a kid's actions, not what they post on Twitter.

If I can also give some positive vibes your way - nobody on the national scene (OSU guys too) think that Parsons will end up anywhere but in Happy Valley.

Happy 'cruitin.

Well, right now Fields is the leader of the #1 2018 class in the country, he's recruited some of his friends like Ricky Slade and others to join the class with him, and he says he is 100% committed. PSU has the perfect offense for his talents, is ranked in the Top 10 preseason, and has a Heisman candidate for QB playing. Fields also likes PSU's academics. If Fields visits Florida, obviously that might change things. As it sits today, he's solid to Penn State.

Hey guys - I'm not even a fan of either Georgia/Florida. I'm a South Carolina grad and don't even have a horse in this race. I follow (national) recruiting very closely and am fortunate enough to know some guys that do this for a living and have some sources. Just passing along some info, I'll leave it at that.

Also, if I remember correctly Dylan Rivers was pretty pro-psu on Twitter leading up to signing day - watch a kid's actions, not what they post on Twitter.

If I can also give some positive vibes your way - nobody on the national scene (OSU guys too) think that Parsons will end up anywhere but in Happy Valley.

Happy 'cruitin.

You guys should have kept GA Mangus... that guy could recruit.

Happy 'cruitin.

Now I know you're making crap up. Parson's is far from firm and most PSU fans who actually follow recruiting will tell you that is the case. You weren't some genius on Rivers either as he visited VT time after time and their insiders felt all along they had a shot. Up until they couldn't flip on on his OV before the break. Rivers was deceptive and lied to the PSU commits the day before he bailed on the staff. Fields has a long way to go and we arleady knew that, but PSU is in decent shape there as he was been up a few times on his own dime and will be pretty busy playing baseball this spring. Basically you don't know crap and are taking a blind flyer that a kid could flip down the road....wow...welcome to recruiting in 2017.

LOL at the troll. Georgia is a bigger threat than Florida. It's his home state, his sister is going there on scholarship, plus Kirby Smart has been doing great on the recruiting trail. Too bad for you he already turned down Georgia.

I also heard the same thing about Hackenberg and Clifford. There is no way those two would ever go to PSU.

Funny how he is one of our best recruiters.

I like our chances.

Ok, we will watch Fields actions. Maybe you should take your own advice. Until he actually visits Florida or any other school, it is premature to say it is doubtful that he signs a LOI with a school in the north.

I wouldn't be worried about Georgia. Fields is focused on academics as much as football, thus his interest in y'all's business school. Georgia is not known for its academics. Florida on the other hand, is on par with the academics at PSU. Not to mention Florida is only a 5 1/2 hour drive from the Atlanta area - compare that to the fact that his family would have to get on a plane anytime they want to see him play. This was the only negative his family had when he decided to commit in the fall. Each of his games in SEC country would be drivable for his family.

I apologize for making some of you upset, I guess we'll see in the future if he makes a visit or not. If he does visit Gainesville, I can't see him playing ball in the north. Good luck on the trail, y'all are putting together a heck of a class.

Rivers was actually pretty mute for the last 3-4 months, at least.

Fields is nothing like what Rivers was. He's more like Simmons and Clifford. Which, frankly, bodes very well for us. Rivers was never even close to being as active as Fields is. And to be honest, Fields seems like he is a much smarter, well-grounded kid.

You can come here and try to stir us up, but nobody cares.

I wouldn't be worried about Georgia. Fields is focused on academics as much as football, thus his interest in y'all's business school. Georgia is not known for its academics. Florida on the other hand, is on par with the academics at PSU. Not to mention Florida is only a 5 1/2 hour drive from the Atlanta area - compare that to the fact that his family would have to get on a plane anytime they want to see him play. This was the only negative his family had when he decided to commit in the fall. Each of his games in SEC country would be drivable for his family.

I apologize for making some of you upset, I guess we'll see in the future if he makes a visit or not. If he does visit Gainesville, I can't see him playing ball in the north. Good luck on the trail, y'all are putting together a heck of a class.

No one is upset. You come on our board and tell us the #1 QB in the country, who says he is 100% committed to PSU over and over, will definitely not sign an LOI to us. While lecturing us to "watch a recruits actions", ignoring your own advice with Fields (who hasn't had any actions contrary to signing with PSU).

If or when he visits some southern schools, you can come back here to crow about it. Until then....

GgrYIHh.gif

Reactions: bwifan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT