ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Where's Northwestern?
If you knew what "Academic All B1G" actually meant - you'd understand (I think) why NW doesn't dominate those listings

Not to take anything away from the names ON the list - - - better to be on the llist, than to not be on the list AOTBTS

Snead looks extremely quick and disruptive on film. Wonder what the holdup is with the offers... maybe health concerns?

He broke his foot in the fourth game of the season. Maybe teams want to see the break has healed properly and wont be an issue in the future. Also read he had three high school coaches in three years, and the first two didnt help him with college recruiting. Was invited to Alabama's Junior Day this month and OSU's Schiano has been calling him daily for the past six months.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownLion
Payton Wilson, noted above as a 4-star OLB prospect from NC, recently won the NC wrestling championship at 220#. North Carolina is certainly not a wrestling state like PA, but that's a nice credential for someone who needs to fight off blockers and make tackles.

http://pennstate.247sports.com/Bolt...ty-in-state-prospect-in-for-Saturday-51424666

Aliquippa (Pa.) four-star safety Kwantel Raines will be in the house on Saturday for the Nittany Lions' Junior Day.

CpbZWlTUAAAUqkk.jpg

From a CampusInsiders interview with Justin Fields after his Florida offer. .

That being said, Fields remains solid to the Nittany Lions and is planning on a future that leads through Happy Valley. So, a potential flip to Florida or anywhere else does not appear likely at this time.

Fields isn’t worried about schools trying to sway him away from Penn State. He simply wants a great education, a first-class college experience and a chance to compete for national championships as a starting quarterback.

https://campusinsiders.com/news/justin-fields-florida-gators-high-praise-02-22-2017/

Reactions: ejb25
I'm not sure I understand why the Enis kid isn't offered yet, given his status as a legacy and his growing reputation. Has he camped with us?

I'm not sure I understand why the Enis kid isn't offered yet, given his status as a legacy and his growing reputation. Has he camped with us?

Not sure but he wants an offer. "The tradition they have there and to follow my dad and all of his history and glory sounds good," Enis said of Penn State.

Nick Tarburton's coach said this week he see's Nick being 6"7 288 by his upperclassman years at PSU, so as discussed here before, he should end up on the line. Also described him as a " once in 15 years type player" that he coached.
I was thinking 6'6" and 287, but why split hairs.;)

Reactions: Ranger Dan
His body fat looks to be somewhere around 2%.

I will make a wild guess and say that whatever his angular momentum is, it's always conserved.

Reactions: artsandletters
His body fat looks to be somewhere around 2%.

I will make a wild guess and say that whatever his angular momentum is, it's always conserved.

no freaking way. he is prolly more like 8-10. No way professional trainers would allow him to be at 2%.

Getting off track here, but two other players I'm excited to see what winter workouts did for are Cam Brown and Miles Sanders. I think we'll see real progress from both on the field next year from those two; and it's not like they were bad last year.

Reactions: bytir and TheGLOV
ESPNJr300 OL Nana Asiedu from Va
  • Jersey #: 54
  • Positions: T, DT
  • Height & Weight: 6'6" 270lbs
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.85
  • Class of: 2018

Reactions: TheGLOV
Ok, recruiting guru's, who are our Top choices for DT or "D" line?

Realistically?? Top 3 - 4 let's say on the PSU desire board.

Thanks!!
To answer your question:
4* Tyler Friday from NJ is the #2 ranked DT and seems to be a Michigan lean right now, but it is early and he will be making his first trip to PSU this weekend since getting an offer last year. It would be huge to make a strong impression
4* Matthew Jones from NY is the #3 ranked DT but PSU seems to be recruiting him for OT. OSU was in the lead
4* Austin Fontaine from MD is the #4 ranked DT and the battle will be with UMD and OSU. He came to the Lasch Bash this summer
4* PJ Mustipher from MD is the #5 ranked DT but his brother plays for ND. The staff has been on him for nearly 3 years already, but I really see no way he doesn't follow his brother. Hope I'm wrong.
3* Aeneas Hawkins from OH has a 4* or 5* offer sheet. His top teams have for the last year been FSU and PSU. OSU has recently entered the fray and his dad is a Cinci alum so they're in there too. Also holds offers from Bama, Clemson, UF, UGA, and many others including Duke bc he is also a smart kid. He will visit in March and decide May 10th.
4* Thomas Booker from MD is listed as an ATH bc he is currently a tweener between end and DT, but I see him as a future college 3 tech DT and eventual pro 5 tech (if he makes it) with his huge frame (6-4 250 already). He just recently got an offer and I am a huge fan of this kid. Goes to Gilman (Ellison Jordan and Brian Gaia's former school).

There are other offers but this is who there is a chance for right now.

To answer your question:
4* Tyler Friday from NJ is the #2 ranked DT and seems to be a Michigan lean right now, but it is early and he will be making his first trip to PSU this weekend since getting an offer last year. It would be huge to make a strong impression
4* Matthew Jones from NY is the #3 ranked DT but PSU seems to be recruiting him for OT. OSU was in the lead
4* Austin Fontaine from MD is the #4 ranked DT and the battle will be with UMD and OSU. He came to the Lasch Bash this summer
4* PJ Mustipher from MD is the #5 ranked DT but his brother plays for ND. The staff has been on him for nearly 3 years already, but I really see no way he doesn't follow his brother. Hope I'm wrong.
3* Aeneas Hawkins from OH has a 4* or 5* offer sheet. His top teams have for the last year been FSU and PSU. OSU has recently entered the fray and his dad is a Cinci alum so they're in there too. Also holds offers from Bama, Clemson, UF, UGA, and many others including Duke bc he is also a smart kid. He will visit in March and decide May 10th.
4* Thomas Booker from MD is listed as an ATH bc he is currently a tweener between end and DT, but I see him as a future college 3 tech DT and eventual pro 5 tech (if he makes it) with his huge frame (6-4 250 already). He just recently got an offer and I am a huge fan of this kid. Goes to Gilman (Ellison Jordan and Brian Gaia's former school).

There are other offers but this is who there is a chance for right now.

Thank you sir!

Sadly, I do NOT see a kid listed or talked about that IS a Penn State lean.

This is a cause for concern IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT