ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

tumblr_mkqimsIvr61ruw1vso1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: trz103 and LionJim
Sean Clifford
Sure, you can't forget Clifford, but 2019 is going to be an all-out battle for the starting quarterback spot with no true favorites between Fields, Clifford, and Stevens (and Zembiec, although he looks a bit like the odd man out right now). I wouldn't be surprised at all if any one of those three would be the starter week one in 2019 - although I have a feeling that Fields is a special talent in the way that Clifford and Stevens might not be.

I would really love to see a legit 4.5 40 QB in JoMo's Offense...it would be amazing...would be like a RGIII type of year!

Last edited:
I would really like to see a legit 4.5 40 QB in JoMo's Offense...it would be amazing...would be like a RGIII type of year!

You're seeing one.

19482408-standardjpg-56d8821975e7569e.jpg

Penn State quarterback Trace McSorley shown during the Lions' TaxSlayer Bowl loss to Georgia in early January. Photo by Joe Hermitt, PennLive.

Trace McSorley
The last player on this list of Penn State football players who ran 4.5 or better (average time) this winter is the guy who likely will be the Lions' starting quarterback -- Trace McSorley. McSorley, who showed off his running ability against Georgia in PSU's bowl loss, with a top timing of 4.55.

You're seeing one.

19482408-standardjpg-56d8821975e7569e.jpg

Penn State quarterback Trace McSorley shown during the Lions' TaxSlayer Bowl loss to Georgia in early January. Photo by Joe Hermitt, PennLive.

Trace McSorley
The last player on this list of Penn State football players who ran 4.5 or better (average time) this winter is the guy who likely will be the Lions' starting quarterback -- Trace McSorley. McSorley, who showed off his running ability against Georgia in PSU's bowl loss, with a top timing of 4.55.

Most PSU graduates would not consider 4.55 to be 4.5 or better.......

Maybe you missed this DIRECT QUOTE from Fields:

Their presence isn’t a surprise considering his importance to this class. Earlier this spring, Fields told our colleague Chris Kirschner of SEC Country his Penn State pledge is sturdy.

“I don’t see anything changing, to be honest with you,” he said in late March. “In reality, you never know what can happen. Coach (James) Franklin could leave. Coach (Joe) Moorhead [Penn State offensive coordinator] could leave. I don’t think that’s going to happen. I’ve talked to them both about that.”

Yeah I read it, means nothing. O'Brien said the same thing before he left for NFL and many recruits have said the same. Means nothing to me until they sign the line. Hope he stays committed, if not, we get the next McSorley. Just think he stays if Moorhead does and 50/50 at best if Moorhead leaves.

C'mon GLOV, no one takes NittanyOpp seriously. He's a clown.
Your hatred for me is odd to say the least. Because i thought 21 guns made a decent point in some thread 5 months ago now maybe and I think Pat Chambers should be let go if they don't make the tournament next year. I am pretty sure you are that guy. I don't even know for sure but must be. Did you save my name on some sheet as someone to troll? Does it make you feel better to sit behind a computer screen and constantly talk trash because one has another opinion than what yours may be on a discussion board?

How dare anyone say a thing good about another poster you dislike for reasons i have no clue about and how dare anyone say anything bad about the bang up job Pat Chambers has done to date. Go get your degree from Penn State and come back to the board son.

Your hatred for me is odd to say the least. Because i thought 21 guns made a decent point in some thread 5 months ago now maybe and I think Pat Chambers should be let go if they don't make the tournament next year. I am pretty sure you are that guy. I don't even know for sure but must be. Did you save my name on some sheet as someone to troll? Does it make you feel better to sit behind a computer screen and constantly talk trash because one has another opinion than what yours may be on a discussion board?

How dare anyone say a thing good about another poster you dislike for reasons i have no clue about and how dare anyone say anything bad about the bang up job Pat Chambers has done to date. Go get your degree from Penn State and come back to the board son.

Can't we just all get along? - Rodney King

Reactions: Ranger Dan

Don't take it personally. He's a hateful, little guy. It would be tough to find a long term poster on the board he hasn't attacked. It's best to put him on ignore.

Don't take it personally. He's a hateful, little guy. It would be tough to find a long term poster on the board he hasn't attacked. It's best to put him on ignore.

I had him on ignore, but he does post recruiting info. So I found myself having to check the ignored posts just to make sure I wasn't posting something he had already posted. He's really one of the strangest posters we've ever had on this board. Not a troll, just someone who has a hair trigger and seems to dislike everyone else here.

I had him on ignore, but he does post recruiting info. So I found myself having to check the ignored posts just to make sure I wasn't posting something he had already posted. He's really one of the strangest posters we've ever had on this board. Not a troll, just someone who has a hair trigger and seems to dislike everyone else here.

Sounds like he has some serious daddy issues.

Last edited:

A guy who spends 20 hours a day on twitter stalking teenage boys is calling ME strange??

A guy who has a hissy fit whenever anyone posts a link to an article he doesn't approve of is calling ME strange??

lol

I would really love to see a legit 4.5 40 QB in JoMo's Offense...it would be amazing...would be like a RGIII type of year!

I am thinking more like Lamar Jackson, but a QB with a little more touch especially on short to intermediate passes.

Reactions: ftlpsu
FWIW (from pennlive)

Harrisburg's Micah Parsons had a birthday Friday.

He also made an announcement.

The 6-foot-3, 235-pound, junior, defensive end said he has trimmed his list of potential landing spots to nine schools -- Penn State, Ohio State, Nebraska, Miami, Florida, Florida State, Alabama, Michigan and Georgia.

Parsons committed to Penn State in February of 2016, but backed off of that pledge in April.

At the time he tweeted that Penn State was still one of his top schools, but added that he felt like he "committed too soon."

Good morning fellow alum--this is about recruiting and I was talking Futures....Trace is great and probably the best leader with intestinal fortitude we have ever had. He is also a great QB who can run, pass and simply wills his team to victory.

Now hopefully we get a Commit this week and keep this train going!

Reactions: Springcity
FWIW (from pennlive)

Harrisburg's Micah Parsons had a birthday Friday.

He also made an announcement.

The 6-foot-3, 235-pound, junior, defensive end said he has trimmed his list of potential landing spots to nine schools -- Penn State, Ohio State, Nebraska, Miami, Florida, Florida State, Alabama, Michigan and Georgia.

Parsons committed to Penn State in February of 2016, but backed off of that pledge in April.

At the time he tweeted that Penn State was still one of his top schools, but added that he felt like he "committed too soon."

If you ask me, he didn't decommit fast enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT